Shooting at the Pennsylvania Republican Presidential Election Rally

• Thread starter TheCracker
  • 400 comments
I'm not convinced this will push undecided voters (who are these people?) to vote for him. At this point, anyone undecided about Trump must have, in the very least, very deep reservations about him (probably because he was a remarkably awful President) and I don't think this changes that fact.

Bolsonaro had not already been president in 2018, which I think is a pretty important distinction.
Yeah, but this

a6Z7682_460s.jpg

Is Ultimate Americana. It will be milked into oblivion.

Don't underestimate how fickle many people can be. Not everyone spends time considering their options and the pro's and cons like you do and many in this discussion I assume also do.

Edit: I would love you to be right by the way, but my faith in humanity is slim and rational isn't a word I would use to descible people en-masse. Reactionary is more a word I would go for.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that if someone out there somehow hasn't already decided on Trump or Biden (which...I have no idea how you could be there at this point) then you are probably not too fickle. Realistically, this election is probably less about convincing voters but just whatever the result of population shifts since 2020 end up producing in swing states and turnout. In the case of the latter, this will absolutely help Trump while Biden's debate "performance" will probably hurt him. So, in the end, not looking up for Biden - I'll give you that much.

Last edited:
I guess what I'm trying to say is that if someone out there somehow hasn't already decided on Trump or Biden (which...I have no idea how you could be there at this point) then you are probably not too fickle. Realistically, this election is probably less about convincing voters but just whatever the result of population shifts since 2020 end up producing in swing states.
And a rational person wouldn't likely swing based on this. It would be really nice if most people were rational about everything. But I find there is a sizable section of society whom are far more fickle and reactionary than they are rational. I'd love to be wrong.

Last edited:
Well take a good look at this

Ok. So we’re going with him being the idealistic kid, trying to be a hero by killing “hitler” bucket.

if true, then this is pretty much what endlessly trash taking violence will get ya. 🤷‍♂️ Kinda why its frowned upon..🥸

Its doubtful this will sway a measurable number of votes. The fear lies in the next few weeks. The right’s spokespeople are ramping up the temperature, and their side has a bunch of guns..these people has been cosplaying victims for years..now something has actually happened.

Ugh

Edited cause autocorrect borked me.

Last edited:
Whoever wrote this thread title needs to go work for NYT and usher in a new era of rational media.

Well take a good look at this

It really doesn't matter how many times you post it, it's still not the shooter. I did give you a heads up that's you might want to look at it's authenticity this morning, guess that's was to tricky for you.

Last edited:
It's weird how much the right-wing media is trying to paint the shooter as "a militant left-winger" because he donated $15 to a liberal PAC when he was 16. It's hard to say if the kid even knew what he was donating too in that moment or if he did it because he wanted to hook up with some girl associated with it (I've been there). We need to remember the last time a president had an attempted assassination, the dude was trying to impress Jodie Foster.
Some clarification may have came out regarding this. According to this tweet, the $15 donation was by someone else who shared the same name.

Republicans: "This happened because of violent rhetoric!"

Republicans:

Ah.
He's trolling, genius. That's not the shooter.

Did you forget the part where that guy is alive & the shooter is dead?

Edit* That guy has already realize how much he screwed the pooch trying to be cute.
bruh1.webp

bruh2.webp

bruh3.jpg

bruh4.webp
No common sense nor critical thinking skills, a bad combo to say the least.

Last edited:
Yeah, but this

a6Z7682_460s.jpg

Is Ultimate Americana. It will be milked into oblivion.
You just know that Trumps already had this image printed out and hung up on the walls of his various hotels. Probably also preparing to have a version of it painted to be hung in the white house when he returns...

[shooter a registered Republican]

Conservatives: "Pivot!"

usss-dei.jpg

female-agents.jpg

transformed.jpg

Modern American conservatism is mental illness.

The cops in Butler must have gone through the same training as the Uvalde cops.
That’s a live thread, is there a particular timestamp you’re looking at?

Edit: I think I found what you’re talking about

https://apnews.com/live/election-bi...-13-2024#00000190-b27e-dc4e-ab9d-ba7eb1060000

Last edited:
A former President is shot at & right wing grifters decide to go after... let's see here... Secret Service women?

The reports that the shooter is a young white guy wearing a pro-gun YouTube channel shirt & registered Republican has shattered them.

A former President is shot at & right wing grifters decide to go after... let's see here... Secret Service women?

The reports that the shooter is a young white guy wearing a pro-gun YouTube channel shirt & registered Republican has shattered them.
I’m not entirely sure they’re hearing those reports. They only have like three sources of information lol. If Fox or Newsmax doesn’t say it then I’m not sure where they’re getting it.

The cops in Butler must have gone through the same training as the Uvalde cops.

That’s a live thread, is there a particular timestamp you’re looking at?

Edit: I think I found what you’re talking about

https://apnews.com/live/election-bi...-13-2024#00000190-b27e-dc4e-ab9d-ba7eb1060000
Okay this is a pretty big deal. Seeing a lot more sources of this now. Too bad the cop didn’t dive in but frankly he was at a disadvantage as the shooter surely heard him climbing the ladder. Don’t want to be on the roof with him when the snipers go off. But the shooter’s shots were surely rushed as at that point he knew he was caught.

So yeah I still boils down to a hit or miss. The cops did find him before he shot, but that area still should’ve been within a perimeter.

I’m not entirely sure they’re hearing those reports. They only have like three sources of information lol. If Fox or Newsmax doesn’t say it then I’m not sure where they’re getting it.
I'm sure they are. These are the guys who have quickly used 1 piece of info (whether confirmed or not) to link & demonize an entire group of people off a shooter.

The fact they're not doing it here or even talking about him makes me believe they've fully accepted that he is whom the reports say he is.

You just know that Trumps already had this image printed out and hung up on the walls of his various hotels. Probably also preparing to have a version of it painted to be hung in the white house when he returns...
Soon appearing on a Newsmax commercial, "For just $199.95 you can own this print of our glorious leader at his most heroic time".

Language warning for the article proper. The profanity cited without any concealment is abundant. It appears censored below by the forum's software.
Far-right communities online lit up on Saturday night with calls for violence, retribution, and civil war in the wake of the assassination attempt on former president Donald Trump.

“I guess they really do want war,” a member of the pro-Trump message board known as The Donald wrote on Saturday evening in a post that has since been deleted.

Many other members of the message board, which played a significant role in coordinating activities leading up to the Capitol riot on January 6, agreed in responses to the post.

“Let’s give it to them,” one person wrote. Another added: “I’m ready. This is my last damn straw.” One other user wrote: “CIVIL.****ING.WAR. I'm ready to be done with this ****ing **** from Democrats.”

The details of these posts were shared with WIRED by researchers from Advance Democracy, a nonprofit organization that conducts public interest research.

Mainstream online platforms like X and Facebook have also been flooded with conspiracies and disinformation in the wake of the shooting, but in far-right communities, much of the talk focused on what happens next.

“They’ve been trying to take this guy out since he’s been in office,” a member of Uncle Sam’s Proud Boys Upstate NY Telegram channel wrote in response to a picture from the shooting of Trump with a raised fist and blood on his face. “Too bad for them they missed probably their only shot at this failed attempt because they are about to really see what happens when you poke the bear for too long ie true American patriots. **** the DNC, **** the RINOs, **** the FEDs and **** the MSM. They should all be hung in the streets.”

In a Telegram channel for the Infamous Legend Valley Proud Boys, an Ohio branch of the far-right militia, one member wrote: “Laugh and smirk now you Leftist *****, But never ****ing forget you will always reap what you sow.”

On The Donald, users were also calling for all Democrats to be rounded up.

“War now,” the user wrote. “They don’t want to live and let live. We need to finish what should have been done after the civil war: eradicate and eliminate all democrats and anyone who even thinks of being a democrat.”

Calls for violence and civil war from far-right communities is nothing new. In the wake of the FBI’s search of Mar-a-Lago in 2022, Trump supporters immediately called for an armed uprising. Earlier this year, similar calls were made when Trump was found guilty on 34 felony charges. While these calls for violence do not always result in real-world action, there are numerous examples where online rhetoric has led to offline violence, most notably the Capitol riot.

“Unlike the messaging in the aftermath of the attacks at the Cincinnati FBI field office and on Paul Pelosi, there is a concerted effort to present this as the consequence of left-wing rhetoric around Trump and fascism,” Jon Lewis, a research fellow at George Washington University’s Program on Extremism, tells WIRED. “A singular clear message is being spread from the top down and the bottom up, from members of Congress to right-wing influencers to neo-Nazi Telegram channels: We need to fight back.”

Researchers at Advance Democracy say it is difficult to assess the scale of the online attacks, as the situation is still developing and could escalate.

On Sunday, one of the main topics of conversation on The Donald was what would have happened if Trump had been killed, with most claiming that the response would have been much deadlier and much swifter.

“I told my neighbor that if Trump had been killed I would have pulled my kit out, quit my job, and started working on my wish list,” one user wrote.

These calls for violence are not limited to online spaces. Minutes after Trump was shot in Butler, Pennsylvania, on Saturday, the former president’s supporters quickly turned on the media covering the rally.

"Fake news! This is your fault!” they yelled, according to Axios reporter Sophia Cai, who was there. "You're next! Your time is coming," another shouted. A number of the attendees tried to break into the media area, but were stopped by security guards.
Once again, the overwhelming majority of pussies won't do squat because they're pussies. The few that do perpetrate acts of violence can then justifiably be put down--good.
The fact they're not doing it here or even talking about him makes me believe they've fully accepted that he is whom the reports say he is.
It's all so transparent.

Last edited:
A WaPo reporters says:
A person who spoke to Trump in the last 12 hours said he was almost “spiritual” about the situation — “and that’s totally not normal for him.” “He thinks he was handed a gift from God. He can’t believe it,” the person said. The person said that Trump is telling his team that they need to do “unity” at the convention. The convention now becomes more about his courage and his resilience, the person said. “They want speakers to dial it down, not dial it up.”
You gotta be kidding me. Of course the whole spin is still squarely about himself but hey, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Trump apparently believes an anti-immigrant chart saved his life

The New York Times reports that according to former White House physician and Texas Representative Ronny Jackson, Trump told Jackson he owes his life to an anti-immigration chart he was referencing on a large screen at the time an assassin tried to shoot him:
“That chart that I was going over saved my life,” Mr. Trump, the Republicans’ presumptive presidential nominee, told the doctor, Representative Ronny Jackson of Texas, by phone a few hours after an assassination attempt.

Mr. Trump was referring to a chart featuring immigration statistics on a screen to his right at his rally in a field in Butler County, Pa. He had turned to point to it and describe what was on the screen when shots rang out.

“He goes, ‘The border patrol saved my life,’” Dr. Jackson recounted in an interview on Sunday. “‘I was going over that border patrol chart.’ He said, ‘If I hadn’t pointed at that chart and turned my head to look at it, that bullet would have hit me right in the head.’”
I suppose it's normal for people to act like this after a traumatizing experience - Trump has probably never considered the meaning of his life at any point - but it kinda sounds to me more like he's just going nuts.

Last edited:

It hasn’t. The Republicans will most likely frame it as a “they” tried assassinate me - as opposed “particular group”; if they’re not able to pin it to a particular group.

At least that’s how I’d play it

As far as a secret service agent being a 5’-nothing woman…

I 100% agree with Matt Walsh. As good as she may be, there were no doubt many other men whom were better qualified

Just learned about this.

Absolute insanity, but doesn't surprise me in the least. Such is the state of affairs in the 'States...

Im really surprised there isn’t more about the shooter by now. Its safe to assume everyone in news and government have gone through his life a dozen times or more. Yet…crickets..

It was interesting to see how quickly the pac donation thing went around and the palpable disappointment when it was debunked. Not that the rhetoric coming out of the right has made any attempt at deescalation, quite the opposite. Tells you what their priorities are..

Apparently the FBI has transported the perp's cell phone to Quantico for analysis although they've still not been able to determine a clear motive by combing the kid's social media. Interesting.

Maybe he was paid. Inside job!

images

Last edited:

Trump campaign is trying to walk back, and tamp down on, the ‘dangerous rhetoric’​

Per Politico Playbook, some MAGA world members are having second thoughts about blaming Biden and the left for what happened:
[This morning,] top Republicans are sending a clear message to cool it. Trump campaign leaders SUSIE WILES and CHRIS LaCIVITA wrote in an internal campaign memo that they “will not tolerate dangerous rhetoric on social media.”

LaCivita himself deleted a posting where he said, “they tried to keep him off the ballot, they tried to put him in jail and now you see this,” as WaPo’s Michael Scherer notes. Same for Rep. MIKE KELLY (R-Pa.) — a Butler native who was at the rally — who scrubbed, “We will not tolerate this attack from the left,” from an early post.

But not everyone is rising to the moment. DONALD TRUMP JR. wrote on X this morning that “Dems and their friends in the media knew exactly what they were doing with the ‘literally Hitler’ ********!” He added that if “Democrats got their way, my dad would be dead right now. Don’t let them memory hole it.”
Problem is I can't tell if the things they say are purposeful tactics or are simply regurgetated emotions. I'm inclined to believe it's the latter but I guess we'll have to see how effectively they actually tone it down.

Spoiler alert: "Tone down" sounds like quitter talk, turn it up
The problem I see for the democrats, is that the center of their messaging revolves around this whole “existential threat to democracy” rhetoric. Not sure what their messaging beyond that is going to be to entice voters (other than the devout they already have), to actually show up come Election Day

Latest Posts

Back