Should I get F1 2010?F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter SS_1182
  • 55 comments
user27564
GT5 was my first racing game in years. I love it. I also really like the F1 cars on GT5. For those that really enjoy F1 2010, what can you say as far as recommending the game?

thanks

Get it but it isn't as good as gt5. It's a bit buggy though . It feels fast and required great concentration, and Monaco on the game is fantastic.

i brought F12010 to tide me over before GT5 came out and im a huge F1 fan.

dont play F12010 anymore.... lol

way to many bugs and they wont be releasing any updates

unlike GT5 who give us an awesome Xmas present lol.

Hmm, coming from FIFA'11 I think I'll pass on another buggy game this year. The updates for GT5 have been a sigh of relief. Loving this game, just hoping for more tracks and events.

If you're a big f1 fan in the real world then you'll probably love f1, as others have said it's not GT5 graphically and sometimes the cars do seem a little on rails (hey it is f1 though!) it's just a great game because the tracks are beautiful renditions, all the rules are in full affect, drive through penalties for causing collisions, forced pit stops to change tyres and use both option and prime. The weather changes are really good forcing you (on longer GPS) to make decisions on when to switch to inters or whether to brave it etc etc.

If you are a hardcore f1 fan you will love it, if you're not then maybe you won't. IT's pretty much as simple as that I think.

I think its a GREAT game, I very much enjoy it. Even with GT5 out now, F12010 is still in my system a couple nights a week. Im probably the minority on this, but I haven't really stopped playing it at all.

With the patch that was released, it fixes the main problems people had with it, and in its current state, I think its a great game. I never experienced anything CLOSE to the amount of bugs people talk about, but, thats me.

If you like F1, Id say get it. For me, its an awesome racing game.

It is easily the best F1/open wheel racing option on the consoles, however it still has issues even after the patch. If you love F1 and can only race on a console then it is a good option. Not a perfect game by any stretch but still very fun stuff most times.

The game is obviously not GT5 levels in greatness, but it's a very awesome game and is worth every penny.

It's well worth buying. It has several features that are class leading on consoles at the moment. It has no more problems than any other game out at the moment. If you like F1, you'll enjoy it.

The game is obviously not GT5 levels in greatness, but it's a very awesome game and is worth every penny.

What he said.

Although, F1 2010 has a one-up on GT5. It's a very large one-up. Something that infuriates the more and more I play GT5.

AI behavior.

Otherwise, they are in leagues of their own. F1 2010 is a fantastic game. Pick it up.

I rather race the FGT in GT5 than the cars in F1 2010
I enjoyed it for over two months before I got GT5 but it wasnt the only game I played - from time to time I would play shift and dirt but now I that I got GT5 I never got back to it again.

pros

-grafics
-tracks
-dinamic weather (best I seen)
-career mode
-custom GP (you can create your own championships with the settings you like)

cons

-Force feedback (terrible- just cant feel connected to the track)
-Fisics (seems like an improved version of grids open wheelers but doesnt feel right to me)
-Bugs

Overall its a very good game and if your a F1 hardcore fan you should buy it but if you just like driving F1 from time to time the Formula GT are far more enjoyable/credible to drive

just my 2 cents

I beg to differ. Force feedback feels fine for me. I guess because I use a G25, and you might use a wheel not supported by F1 2010, like a Fanatec. And the physics are very good. They certainly beat that of F1:CE by a country mile. And they are much better than that of GRID, GRID was an arcade racer pretty much, you could lap F3 cars faster than F1 cars do irl. Not here, you will have your work cut out equalling or beating the real life lap times at most tracks, especially Monaco, which is the best track in the game ,they did Monaco very, very well in this game and it's always fun to power around that track lap after lap, whether you're winning or not.

If you can find it for cheap(around $20US) I would say it's worth a pick up. If you can't though I would just wait for 2011 as it (should) have more features than 2010 as well as fewer bugs.

I too have only played Grand Tursimo racing sims. I have been with GT since GT1. Honestly I was so pissed that with what we got on Nov 24th, that I went out and got F1 2010. I spent a few hundred bucks building a custom racing seat setup to go along with my new G27. With everything that GT5 lacked I didn't feel I got my money's worth so I went out and got F1 2010. Never played it before then. Glad I bought it. Only bug I have experienced is holding in the pits and a 2-3 seconds worth of a bad frame drop during most races. I think the game is worth every penny even at $59. Definitely worth it at $39 if you can catch a sale. I honestly think the tracks are graphically more realistic than GT5, not to mention the weather system is better. Plus it has tracks that GT5 doesn't. I didn't see the big hype is Spa but that track is swwweet. Its a much faster paced game. Totally different style than GT. Now that GT is making patches and hopefully more to come I will continue to play both regularly. I actually stopped playing GT until this last updated.

F1 2010 is a great game and is superior to GT5 in some areas. Weather and AI absolutely crush GT5. AI drivers actually react to your movements and will look to avoid you if you spin/crash. Rain is much more realistic and can be on every track. I definity plan on picking up 2011 and will probably run another season on 2010 when I'm done with GT5 (which will be soon since GT5 has so few events and I don't care about B-Spec).

F1 2010 is a great game and is superior to GT5 in some areas. Weather and AI absolutely crush GT5. AI drivers actually react to your movements and will look to avoid you if you spin/crash. Rain is much more realistic and can be on every track. I definity plan on picking up 2011 and will probably run another season on 2010 when I'm done with GT5 (which will be soon since GT5 has so few events and I don't care about B-Spec).

Totally agree. If you're an F1 fan, it is certainly a must. Seeing two cars coming together infront of you and driving through the debris is awesome!
There is quite a lot that PD could learn from this game.👍

Wife just bought me this game! I will be splitting my time between GT5 and this one for sure!!

My wife also just bought me this game. I haven't played an F1 game since the super nes days the game was called Monaco Grand prix and it had ,for me anyway , a steep learning curve.
I started my career on expert , or whatever the hardest setting is, 7 years and it looks like I'm in a learning curve again.
Most of the tracks I know well, others I have never seen before.
I will be splitting my time as well.
It's a nice change from the overpowered under steering things you have to drive in GT 5

I say get it for sure, this game is a riot. I know it has its problems, but the Career mode really is fun. It is the first time for me on most of these tracks, so using the practice session to really learn them is very satisfying.

The big difference for me, GT5 I feel like I am driving, F12010 I feel like I am RACING.

I'm not going to go into depth about the game but all I can say is I love it! Online leagues with GTP and URS is fantastic. We race every weekend and I look forward to it all the time.

Get it and join an online league and you won't be disappointed ;)

Thanks for the input guys. I've been watching a lot of the videos out there for this game and I'm really looking forward to getting it soon. I love F1. :)

Thanks for the input guys. I've been watching a lot of the videos out there for this game and I'm really looking forward to getting it soon. I love F1. :)

Any self respecting F1 fan should own this game. Overall, it's the best F1 game made to date. You should also pick up a copy of F1:CE for a laugh, it was a great game for its time and has some features F1 2010 should be envious of - great immersive FFB, beautiful graphics, meaty engine sounds and challenging AI (what I should mention is that F1 2010's AI is much more raceable, but overall it's not as competitive) - but as an overall package, F1 2010 is better in just about every way, especially in its most important aspect, the handling.

I'm a bit late to the party but I'd like to give my input as well.

The game isn't perfect with some minor bugs. It can get tedious and very repetitive. The learning curve can be very critical and test your patience.

I love it. I love it more than GT5 although I'm playing it far less (no worries as I'll pick it back up later when my GT5 grind is over). The gameplay feels good. I enjoy how the machines handle. I hate rain. It will ruin your day and race... :P

This game gives me a HUGE grin after beating a race. There is just a big sigh of relief and accomplishment when you are done racing 57 laps (yes, even more so in the rain).

I feel the track sim portion is much better than both GT5 and FM3. I have very little seat time on larger automobile tracks but from frequent karting experience I love how visceral it is. The machine seems to be always bouncing, jarred head movement and blurred vision along with this uncanny but twitchy grip. Feels like I'm there for me...

I feel the track sim portion is much better than both GT5 and FM3.

I agree. The weather system here is what should be in GT5. Its way more advanced than GT5. Looks very realistic and it keeps you completely focused on your task - staying on the track for a podium finish.

I'll second the positive comments here. I really like it, but I don't get to play it much as I like to do the full races and I only get that kind of time on the weekends.

I love the WX system, but man when it's raining I actually get tired during/after the race. You really have to focus in on what you are doing.

Yes...a couple of bugs, some minor, some annoying but overall the experience is fantastic.

I rented this game a week ago and couldn't get into it. It felt kinda like something was missing and the bugs killed the experience. Yet, I miss playing it and plotting to buy it this week.

I don't know what is attracting me to this game beyond the flaws. I guess the charm and experience of winning a race is drawing me back to F1 2010.

Back