Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well tune sharing each T/T is a killer though. You got new folks jumping leaps and bounds but not to the top 20. I work to get in under 200 mark and new tune throws me back to the 300 zone. Just saying that a quicker ET by a noticeable margin and no history of running and or history with very low ranking is fishy. The Gokarts was like that. Have not seen it recently, but not clicking away at 100 members for each event either :scared:

Edit* So far T/T does not seem infected.

Are you assuming that if the TT's get messed up PD will fix it? If they don't patch it, then what? The TT's become useless without the proper hybrid car.

Are you assuming that if the TT's get messed up PD will fix it? If they don't patch it, then what? The TT's become useless without the proper hybrid car.

Not sure what PD is doing or will do about all this "mess".

T/T will be useless if they get in, if not already?

Its irrelevant if people are abusing this or not online because it is inevitable. If there is the possibility there will be those that will take advantage. Because of this PD needs to patch a fix for this so it cannot ruin a TT, DT, or online race.

That being said, I have no problem with game modding or cheating offline. Its your experience so do what you want with it. As long as you arnt messing with anyone else's fun then do whatever.

:edit: I voted for #2 by mistake, I meant #3.

If this lancer you saw was the Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P '07 Then it was a Hybrid no doubt, There is one with 3349hp and 357kgfm of Torque ( I think that converts to 2,582 ft pounds) at 556PP add on 79KG of ballast and PP drops to 550.

550PP 3349 HP...think that won't be showing up in some PP limited rooms?

Wouldn't mind if it stayed in free roam as a gag here and there, but people are abusing the living hell out these things, just like when some first got their hands on the X2010, its just worse because now there are seasonals and people can cheat their way to 40,000,000CR in a matter of minutes.

550PP 3349 HP...think that won't be showing up in some PP limited rooms?

Just had one. And from a driver who I didn't expect either. Suzuka 550pp, I was in the F40, the Evo lost it at spoon curve, dropped a second or so behind myself, and blitz past me by the start/finish straight.

I thought that was weird and my thoughts were confirmed when I followed him through the Essess, the car behavior was erratic as the driver tried to control the power. I asked the host to observe the driver at which point he said he had to go....

Have video if anyone would like to see. Am not sure whether to name the driver, I really dislike cheating.

Just disgusting..

Heres the Lancer i seen in the 550pp room i run sometimes.
I am using the Silver 458 Italia. At least his driving was erratic enought to see he was using an hybrid.

Well tune sharing each T/T is a killer though. You got new folks jumping leaps and bounds but not to the top 20. I work to get in under 200 mark and new tune throws me back to the 300 zone. Just saying that a quicker ET by a noticeable margin and no history of running and or history with very low ranking is fishy. The Gokarts was like that. Have not seen it recently, but not clicking away at 100 members for each event either :scared:

Edit* So far T/T does not seem infected.

So you're in a nut shell saying, someone new appears with no history of top 50 even, and suddenly hits top spot, is now fishy because of hybrids?

I consider myself to be fast, and have proved it on a GTAcademy event a couple years back being in top 100 but now I don't really make an effort with t/t's nor do i with GTAcademy. I get a gold time and move on. But say I actually focus and get a good time, it must be suspicious?

I am using the Silver 458 Italia. At least his driving was erratic enought to see he was using an hybrid.

You can see its a hybrid , look at the throttle he is using, he is scared to use more than 15% throttle becaus of how obvious it would become if he did.

I think the hybrids can be just a bit of fun if they can be kept out of normal races correctly using PP/BHP , but seeing as they cant its worrying.

I can almost guarantee that PD will patch this, if there is one thing PD doesnt like its people hacking thier game, remember the old money glitch barrier break outs, they patched those more than once, maybe im wrong but i just dont see them letting this slide.

Last edited:
You can see its a hybrid , look at the throttle he is using, he is scared to use more than 15% throttle becaus of how obvious it would become if he did.

I think the hybrids can be just a bit of fun if they can be kept out of normal races correctly using PP/BHP , but seeing as they cant its worrying.

I can almost guarantee that PD will patch this, if there is one thing PD doesnt like its people hacking thier game, remember the old money glitch barrier break outs, they patched those more than once, maybe im wrong but i just dont see them letting this slide.

Even though these cars are actually really fun to use (a friend gifted me one of those little civics) I do think these can be a problem although honest players will opt from using them in a real race. Besides it's almost certain that they are gonna patch this, it's bad PR for Sony and PD that new players of the series to know that this game is being hacked with these cars.

So you're in a nut shell saying, someone new appears with no history of top 50 even, and suddenly hits top spot, is now fishy because of hybrids?

I consider myself to be fast, and have proved it on a GTAcademy event a couple years back being in top 100 but now I don't really make an effort with t/t's nor do i with GTAcademy. I get a gold time and move on. But say I actually focus and get a good time, it must be suspicious?

In my country, thinking of someone being Fishy or Suspect is only a matter of opinion. Now being Accused, one must have facts to substantiate such belief.

I see any body walking up to me as being Fishy / Suspect, watch every car driving by my residence that is unknown as such too. Being robbed at gun point and old residence broken into, I hold the right to have such opinion.

Clear now?

Top 100 is concerning but more so the Top 10 that is not familiar as mentioned on previous post as to why. Once infected its game over for T/T.

....snip...Top 100 is concerning but more so the Top 10 that is not familiar as mentioned on previous post as to why. Once infected its game over for T/T.

That 3000HP Lancer can get into any 550PP that isn't limited in some way to prevent it from entering, like no 4wd's, racecars only etc. The TT's are now infected, along with Open Lobby PP racing. The disease is spreading.

How about the Toyota 86 GT '12 - 578 BHP 557pp??

That 3000HP Lancer can get into any 550PP that isn't limited in some way to prevent it from entering, like no 4wd's, racecars only etc. The TT's are now infected, along with Open Lobby PP racing. The disease is spreading.

How about the Toyota 86 GT '12 - 578 BHP 557pp??

You sure on T/T? Have not gone in for a few days.

Open Lobby I only run with a good group for selective dates / race cars and via private lobby.

Seen the PP levels....so yes, I can see them getting into open lobby's :yuck: :grumpy:

Spam has a directive of fishing or deploying sales tatics via unwanted mail, e-mail, faxes, calls and hox posters.

Posting opinions of what value a game means to you or for myself is not spabbing.

Using a hybrid to get into # 1 in Time Trials has no honor and for sure no shame.

Spabbers / Spabbing...ive been spabbed?

:lol: Chit...we are do for one :(

Current T/T have you seen # 1 run? Have not had chance to see...but I have a suspective idea :P

I personally dont care who uses them for anything else other then GTPLR and T/T. Open lobby non shuffle no biggy for me as I dont run them.

No...Yes I have seen TT's ruined, but not lately by hybrids. I think if it happens PD will shut the TT down real fast.(my opinion of course)

I can't help it i'v been all night and I'm loopy?:crazy:

No...Yes I have seen TT's ruined, but not lately by hybrids. I think if it happens PD will shut the TT down real fast.(my opinion of course)

I can't help it i'v been all night and I'm loopy?:crazy:

Shutting down the TT takes the TT away from everyone's enjoyment. Ever been to the Seasonal Forum? The most I've put into a Seasonal is about an hour, usually it's gold and out, but some of those guys over there, they devote hours and hours to the TT's, it's their main focus of the game. Take away their TT's without fixing the problem and they're attachment to the game is gone. Leave the TT's in and they are ruined by cheaters and hackers. It's a no win either way.

You sure on T/T? Have not gone in for a few days.

Open Lobby I only run with a good group for selective dates / race cars and via private lobby.

Seen the PP levels....so yes, I can see them getting into open lobby's :yuck: :grumpy:

I don't know if anyone has hacked a TT yet, but the early consensus among the hackers was it would never happen and would never affect online lobbies because they cars being built wouldn't fit the usuall PP limits. I disagreed of course, and now they can fit the regs and more are on the way. It's only a matter of time before there are dozens, if not hundreds of cars that fit into standard PP regs with huge amounts of power. Even a 20 or 30 hp advantage is enough to vault anyone hundreds of places in a TT, over the top if you're already close.

Well at least thus guy can't drive the hybrid at all, except for the long straight

PD can make it go good to them. They could add an option to online and offline to chose do you allow engine swaps or hacked cars. Everybody would be happy even PD. :lol:

I agree with what you said Mr Johnnypenso:tup:

Yes true some do put hours in. And it's truly a shame either way. I'm 100% on your side there.:)👍 I don't wish to see the TT's shut down, nor to I like cheaters.

I just don't think PD will step in until they catch someone cheating in the seasonals. That seems to be where they draw their the line.(IMO)

PD can make it go good to them. They could add an option to online and offline to chose do you allow engine swaps or hacked cars. Everybody would be happy even PD. :lol:

Brilliant :D. But still keep engine swaps Pretty please.:nervous:

I see any body walking up to me as being Fishy / Suspect, watch every car driving by my residence that is unknown as such too. Being robbed at gun point and old residence broken into, I hold the right to have such opinion.

That's unfortunate, but this is gran turismo not a real life situation to be so suspicious about. Someone could just turn the the ratio of interest from 3 to 10 and rattle out fastest laps.

If PD allowed a more devise method of tuning, rather than the very vague system we have in place, stuff like this would seem pointless. The time old saying "power is useless without control" or words to those effect.

No they should not be allowed in the game and they do break the terms of service we agree to when we install these games, of that I am sure.

That's unfortunate, but this is gran turismo not a real life situation to be so suspicious about. Someone could just turn the the ratio of interest from 3 to 10 and rattle out fastest laps.

Could and Done is different... Sort of like "IF". Bench Racing is fun, but time will always tell.

I say yes. In fact, all this hype around the hybrid cars makes me want to play GT5 again... would be nice to see how these Franken-cars do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back