Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received a call from a friend, he hacked one of his cars after reading how to do it on the net somewhere, he can no longer sign into the PD servers, PSN is ok but not GT5. He has another account that does not have any hacked cars that is fine. Perhaps it's been patched in some way at the server end, I can see there being a lot of "annoyed" people soon !!!

I'll edit this post with the error code if I can get it...

Just received a call from a friend, he hacked one of his cars after reading how to do it on the net somewhere, he can no longer sign into the PD servers, PSN is ok but not GT5. He has another account that does not have any hacked cars that is fine. Perhaps it's been patched in some way at the server end, I can see there being a lot of "annoyed" people soon !!!

I'll edit this post with the error code if I can get it...

My accounts fine? Been doing cars all day and even went online for a little bit...

Now its overboard with unrealistic cars.... Jesus christ 2,000HP-20,000HP is such unrealistic. theres no freaking fun in it now. now everyone know`s how to mod cars.

PD never did IP Bans.

SSR7 Glitch
Nuburgring Glitch
2J Ticket
Acadamy Cars...

^They did nothing....

Hybrids have been out since Decemeber and PD has done nothing.

Now its overboard with unrealistic cars.... Jesus christ 2,000HP-20,000HP is such unrealistic. theres no freaking fun in it now. now everyone know`s how to mod cars.

PD never did IP Bans.

SSR7 Glitch
Nuburgring Glitch
2J Ticket
Acadamy Cars...

^They did nothing....

Hybrids have been out since Decemeber and PD has done nothing.
December :confused:

I only recall Hacked cars / not Hybrids really came out after the V2.11 update came out.

Something about the software writer wanted to wait until after the update from what I can remember. JK8 only posted the X2011 vs Civic just prior to the V2.11 coming out.

Also, dont recall sorg saying he is a coder but can decode what he see's. Guess I am missing something in the timeline?

December :confused:

I only recall Hacked cars / not Hybrids really came out after the V2.11 update came out.

Something about the software writer wanted to wait until after the update from what I can remember. JK8 only posted the X2011 vs Civic just prior to the V2.11 coming out.

Also, dont recall sorg saying he is a coder but can decode what he see's. Guess I am missing something in the timeline?

only few people had them havn`t really spread yet.

only few people had them havn`t really spread yet.

I cant argue that. If you can read codes, you can surely write it too. I am safely assuming that THREAD got the attention of a smart kid out there by then.

Hopefully PD is putting an end to all the hacked cars.

I cant argue that. If you can read codes, you can surely write it too. I am safely assuming that THREAD got the attention of a smart kid out there by then.

Hopefully PD is putting an end to all the hacked cars.

Well, i think they moved on to GT6?

Fingers crossed that they will patch it.

This isnt related to GT5.

There's PSN downtime scheduled today to allow those busy boys and girls in engineering to "upgrade the software for the PlayStation Store."

Well I'm reall ylate to this boat. I 've never made hybrid cars but I always thought they were a nice excersize in "lets see how broken we can make the game." Well that's the way it was in the previous instals of GT.

Now we have people using them in online lobbies. Obviosuly a problem.

Easiest fix? PD needs to have a MIN PP slider to go with the MAX slider. That'll keep the extreme hybrids from derping it up in a serious race. YOu might See a Gocart runnign alongside F1 cars but at least it's not walking said F1 cars.

^ That'd mean instead of the fun cars - I don't mean unrealistic but I consider 300-400bhp more than usually possible fun for a lot of cars - they would only allow the slightly modified cars that you get barely use out of besides cheating serious races. 👎

The really easiest fix for them is to automatically restrict lobbies to the max power the X2011 can put out to keep the ridiculous cars offline, and to introduce very slim/detailed restrictions on time and drift trials (or any trials that include leader boards).

This isnt related to GT5.

There's PSN downtime scheduled today to allow those busy boys and girls in engineering to "upgrade the software for the PlayStation Store."

I can get online on my main account but not my secondary account :scared: any idea's why ?

^ That'd mean instead of the fun cars - I don't mean unrealistic but I consider 300-400bhp more than usually possible fun for a lot of cars - they would only allow the slightly modified cars that you get barely use out of besides cheating serious races. 👎

The really easiest fix for them is to automatically restrict lobbies to the max power the X2011 can put out to keep the ridiculous cars offline, and to introduce very slim/detailed restrictions on time and drift trials (or any trials that include leader boards).

Why should PD leave any chances for people to use hybrids? Nevermind the realistic ones; the simple fact of the matter is these cars are not available to regular players of the game, only those willing to hack, edit, and violate the TOS.

Does anybody have any idea about the origins of these cars? Who is making them? I've been looking for info all around the web and in the online lobbies to see if anyone knows... Since these cars are made by tampering with the save data (That's what I've heard.) then wouldn't it be close to impossible for PD to take these cars out of the game? As long as someone keeps tampering with the saves this thing will keep going on. Sure PD could make a reset and make sure all of the cars in the game get a reset in the stats without losing the parts you've bought for certain cars but who's stopping people from re-tampering with it?

Does anybody have any idea about the origins of these cars? Who is making them? I've been looking for info all around the web and in the online lobbies to see if anyone knows... Since these cars are made by tampering with the save data (That's what I've heard.) then wouldn't it be close to impossible for PD to take these cars out of the game? As long as someone keeps tampering with the saves this thing will keep going on. Sure PD could make a reset and make sure all of the cars in the game get a reset in the stats without losing the parts you've bought for certain cars but who's stopping people from re-tampering with it?

An update to the game itself that forces a check on all parts and settings of every car in the garage during the opening of the game, to ensure that they are both a) only parts available to that specific car, so no Viper engine in a Crossfire, as an example, and b) are within the range normally available (no super-low cars, etc etc), would put an end to them in any useable way. Having the game also cross-check these things every time a car is entered would curb anything else. The power multiplier variable should always be at 0; if it's anything else, the game could give an error code.

Again, this is assuming the entire structure of the parts and settings coding is similar to GT3/4, though judging by what I've read, it basically is.

An update to the game itself that forces a check on all parts and settings of every car in the garage during the opening of the game, to ensure that they are both a) only parts available to that specific car, so no Viper engine in a Crossfire, as an example, and b) are within the range normally available (no super-low cars, etc etc), would put an end to them in any useable way. Having the game also cross-check these things every time a car is entered would curb anything else. The power multiplier variable should always be at 0; if it's anything else, the game could give an error code.

Again, this is assuming the entire structure of the parts and settings coding is similar to GT3/4, though judging by what I've read, it basically is.

Ok lets see if I understand this. The parts thing seems doable and easy enough for PD to implement. Only make compatible certain parts with certain cars or it crashes...

But the range confuses me... Are you saying PD should go and check each cars maximum HP achievable, Weight, etc. And just limit each one of the cars to each of those max and min values?

Also are you sure PD can implement that cross-check system? Wouldn't it make it even more tedious changing into a car than it already is? Would this mean having to go with a checking system similar than when borrowing cars from other people?

I thought it was cool at first. But now its to the point where it is out of hand. Host dont control their rooms properly and in come the hybrids. Im surprised PD has not jumped on this already its kind of sloppy. It ruins the online experience for me personally now. Ive been on a 2 week break from GT5 online because of this I usually would play everyday. But this could potentially ruin GT5 online because immature people get there nasty hands on hybrids and bring em out every room they enter. PD/Sony what the hell are you doing get on your job.

On the other hand i have seen interesting hybrids. Ive seen a rwd DC5 Integra with 500hp N/A which was pretty cool to me because the DC5 stock is wrong wheel drive anyway.The 700hp Evo and Highland G37 were kinda cool also they were more on the realistic side HP wise. The 40000 hp,3000 hp immature (I have to have the most HP imaginable,no boundaries) crap is in no way cool or interesting to me.Some of those super high hp hybrids cant even turn correctly thats just lame and dumb to me. This is not NFS this is not Midnight club this is GT keep that arcade crap where it belongs.(RAAANT!!!!)

I thought it was cool at first. But now its to the point where it is out of hand. Host dont control their rooms properly and in come the hybrids. Im surprised PD has not jumped on this already its kind of sloppy. It ruins the online experience for me personally now. Ive been on a 2 week break from GT5 online because of this I usually would play everyday. But this could potentially ruin GT5 online because immature people get there nasty hands on hybrids and bring em out every room they enter. PD/Sony what the hell are you doing get on your job.

Dont give in to them. Join a group / private room.

Ok lets see if I understand this. The parts thing seems doable and easy enough for PD to implement. Only make compatible certain parts with certain cars or it crashes...

But the range confuses me... Are you saying PD should go and check each cars maximum HP achievable, Weight, etc. And just limit each one of the cars to each of those max and min values?

Also are you sure PD can implement that cross-check system? Wouldn't it make it even more tedious changing into a car than it already is? Would this mean having to go with a checking system similar than when borrowing cars from other people?

A simulator I use using this exact thing. The room host's files are stored (they go by host because the game allows modding), and when a player tries to enter a lobby, their files are compared to the game files. If there is a difference, the player fails and is rejected.

You don't even notice that it happens (unless the room doesn't let you in).

Why should PD leave any chances for people to use hybrids? Nevermind the realistic ones; the simple fact of the matter is these cars are not available to regular players of the game, only those willing to hack, edit, and violate the TOS.

Bolded part is what hybrid lawyers don`t understand.

Its like one cyclist, who dopes, saying to another cyclist, who doesn`t, just before the race "man, not our fault that you can`t win anymore. You can dope too you know"

A simulator I use using this exact thing. The room host's files are stored (they go by host because the game allows modding), and when a player tries to enter a lobby, their files are compared to the game files. If there is a difference, the player fails and is rejected.

You don't even notice that it happens (unless the room doesn't let you in).

Yeah well I doubt that they will implement this... The online system in GT5 is slow as it is. It takes a considerable while to borrow cars, get into the open lobby menu, get into other peoples profiles in GT life... The game takes a few seconds when doing all of these of these things. So if it does get implemented it's not gonna be instantaneous that's for sure.

The online mode will take another hit to the already slow connecting process it is at the moment. If they implement a similar feature or function then as long as it's only gonna be used when connecting to the open lobby main menu then I won't mind.

Great idea, I think this would be do-able.

Just another thing, anyone that dups, trades, or anything of those sorts can kiss it all good bye! Here's why, an easy way to stop these cars from being made is, guess what, blocking the copying of save files!

If you can't copy your save files, there's no way of hacking these cars anymore. So all of you that constantly back up and restore, I can say with confidence that you can kiss those days good bye.

All I can say though, if that time comes, it'll really suck for legitimate players. I need the assurance of a 2nd back up of my save, too much to lose if it goes.

Now, with the root of the problem solved, SlipZtrEm's theory could be implemented to get rid of the existing modded cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back