Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No they shouldn't "let it slide", neither should GTP...

And all those hacked/hybrid car threads are really starting to get annoying...

If you're too lazy to earn your credits / win races the way it was intended, you shouldn't be playing. You're cheating on yourself, there's no pride in running a hacked/hybrid car and having millions of credits because of it.

Who cares about credits? I have more than I know what to do with. At this point it's harder to spend credits than it is to make them (without using modded cars or any other cheats.) Anyway, credits are pretty meaningless outside of the A-Spec single-player career.

I hope pd realizes the popularity of this in a good way. People want to tune more!

That's the point right there!!!!

👍

We didn't get enought tuning options with a "stock" GT5... but now we have them...

We now need to use them in a responsible way... like all the guys who are doing realistic hypercars... GTR's, and stuff like that...

Last edited:
Is it possible to shoehorn a forced induction small block chevy into a porsche 914 or a pontiac fiero in real life? Of course it is. I thought that's what PP restrictions were all about.

Pretty sure I am going to start making my own cars.... Lots of car's I've always wanted in GT5 that never come, this will make up for it.

NASCAR motor into a Mustang = Formula Drift Vaughn Gitten Jr ;)

Hybriding has been a part of the GT experience for almost as long as the series has been out. It adds fun and longevity to the game for a lot of us that are tired of the stock game. When Game Genie and pro action replay were out there wasn't this much hate for hybrids. Now that the user can do this on their own now all of a sudden the sky is falling and something should be done about this ASAP. I see nothing wrong with hybrids and don't see why PD should waste time implementing a way to block the users ability to do this on a game they paid for.

If they want to implement blockage of hybrids online then fine. Give online lobby creates the option to ban cars that don't match the stock games parameters. Simple fix for the rooms that want only stock game cars. And the rooms that want hybrids can choose to not block hybrids. Both sides happy and no harm done.

Ban them all to hell.

I understand the desire to improve cars like we can in the real world. The game would be better if we had proper and better car upgrade options but hacking the game to acheive this isn't fair as not everyone can or will do that so they are disadvantaged. The coding required to stop hacked cars (hybrids my arse) online would be monumental. I'd like to see PD do something but to stop all cars would involve running a very time intensive process to remove dodgy cars and keep checking for them and again this process would take a lot of effort on PD's part. I can't see PD having the time to do that properly.

All these complaints about cheating and I know everyone at one point has used UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT SELECT B A START. Its apart of gaming and you will never not cheat so live with it. Realistic hybribs are fun. The GTP drift community has embraced these hybrids and are creating some beautiful cars that we have been wanting since the release

Ban them all to hell.

I understand the desire to improve cars like we can in the real world. The game would be better if we had proper and better car upgrade options but hacking the game to acheive this isn't fair as not everyone can or will do that so they are disadvantaged. The coding required to stop hacked cars (hybrids my arse) online would be monumental. I'd like to see PD do something but to stop all cars would involve running a very time intensive process to remove dodgy cars and keep checking for them and again this process would take a lot of effort on PD's part. I can't see PD having the time to do that properly.

So it isn't fair if you don't have the know how to do it? And another thing this is not an illegal thing so what is the problem with some of you using the term hacking. When the Game Genie was the way to do it in the past I don't remember all these sanctimonious complaints from the community etc.

PD nor any of the other game companies stopped Game Genie and the like from selling their peripherals did they? NO. As mentioned above even the game companies themselves coded in cheats so please stop this so called moral outrage at "hackers", "cheaters" etc because of the ability to make hybrids. Save the sanctimonious stuff for the real issues in the world. This is simply a game folks.

Snakebitten
So it isn't fair if you don't have the know how to do it? And another thing this is not an illegal thing so what is the problem with some of you using the term hacking. When the Game Genie was the way to do it in the past I don't remember all these sanctimonious complaints from the community etc.

PD nor any of the other game companies stopped Game Genie and the like from selling their peripherals did they? NO. As mentioned above even the game companies themselves coded in cheats so please stop this so called moral outrage at "hackers", "cheaters" etc because of the ability to make hybrids. Save the sanctimonious stuff for the real issues in the world. This is simply a game folks.

Interesting view point but its been established that its against the Sony end user agreement to not modify the files in any way I believe PD also have the same passage for gt5.

Regarding game genie, action replay etc they were never endorsed by Sony nor encouraged Sony simply couldnt stop it as the ps2 didnt go online.

Go to Options - Network - Terms of Use, read it through ... and tell me if Sony will do nothing or not.

There's a hotline number to call listed there to report anyone who breach the license agreement and I think Sony takes any report seriously.

Ridox2JZGTE
Go to Options - Network - Terms of Use, read it through ... and tell me if Sony will do nothing or not.

There's a hotline number to call listed there to report anyone who breach the license agreement and I think Sony takes any report seriously.

Agreed.

I don't have a problem with hybrids as long as they cannot run online. I actually wouldn't mind that either if all people were honest or they kept to their own rooms but that isn't going to happen.

A friend sent the civic hybrid to one of my accounts. I told him not to worry about it but he sent it anyways. I was curious so I tried the car. The power was crazy but the screen jumped around too much. It was interesting but not practical as it sucks to drive.

Last night I had a friend ask if I wanted his hybrid Nascar. Since I race Nascar I immediately said NO. I race Dirty Nascar all the time but not that dirty ;). I've heard others were using hybrid Nascar's. For the first time last night I saw an idiot in the room with super soft tires. I have always checked tires so I called the girl out for using a hybrid. She said it really wasn't a hybrid and that they didn't didn't do any power mods. LOL, for all we knew it was a 4wd chassis and since nobody else had super softs they got the boot.

All these complaints about cheating and I know everyone at one point has used UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT SELECT B A START. Its apart of gaming and you will never not cheat so live with it. Realistic hybribs are fun. The GTP drift community has embraced these hybrids and are creating some beautiful cars that we have been wanting since the release

I have no idea what you're talking about and yes there are people who don't cheat. They're called "honest". You might want to look that up in the dictionary. Because you want something in the game, doesn't mean it doesn't violate the agreement you made with Sony.

I don't care what happened with Game Genie, this is GT5 and it is cheating. It's a violation of the agreement we all made with Sony.

There are people who use this to cheat, I've seen it, just like everyone else. But I don't see the harm in driving a 1000hp STi for myself. Most cars are too weak fully tuned compared to what they could get to in previous GTs. No more 1000hp R34s. But that changed and I'm fine with it.

Here is the link to report cheating online.

http://np.us.playstation.com/

Hybriding has been a part of the GT experience for almost as long as the series has been out. It adds fun and longevity to the game for a lot of us that are tired of the stock game. When Game Genie and pro action replay were out there wasn't this much hate for hybrids. Now that the user can do this on their own now all of a sudden the sky is falling and something should be done about this ASAP. I see nothing wrong with hybrids and don't see why PD should waste time implementing a way to block the users ability to do this on a game they paid for.

The problem is that the lot of you who are tired of the game ruins it for everyone else. The sky is falling in because once people start manipulating cars, it ruins the credibility of online racing. If some people are having access to other tuning options than everyone else, it's not fair play anymore.

The view that modding can be done in a responsible way relies on the assumption that all people are always honest, especially when competing against others. I don't believe in that. Most people have a sense for fair play, but as soon as someone starts using modding to get an advantage in online racing, other people will go the same way, and in the end it's going to be impossible to compete online without having modded cars.

You are bored with the game and you take the matters into your own hand and in the effort of making it fun for yourself you're ruining it for everyone who is not tired of it. You're not the only one who payed for the game, you know. And you certainly don't own the rights to the game, so what makes you think that you have the freedom of doing whatever you want with it, regardless of how it affects other players?

If Sony does not put and end to it, GT6 will become a modded game pretty soon after release and that will ruin it completely. I sincerely hope that they follow their own policy strictly and permanently ban accounts that are using modded cars. They should give a warning and a few days to give everyone a chance to delete their modded cars, but then they should unleash the ban-wave.

If you as a gamer want to play a game that is open for modding, it's not (yet) Gran Turismo.

It's one thing to use cheat codes that are built in with the game and meant to be used for whoever wants to. It's a completely different thing to go in an alter the files of a game, especially in a context where a big part of the game is about online competition. Realistic hybrids may be fun, but where do people draw the line? Should modding only be available to drifters? How do we make sure that happens? There's no way of doing that, so the only solution must be to ban it altogether.

There are people who use this to cheat, I've seen it, just like everyone else. But I don't see the harm in driving a 1000hp STi for myself. Most cars are too weak fully tuned compared to what they could get to in previous GTs. No more 1000hp R34s. But that changed and I'm fine with it.

There is no harm if you drive it for yourself or in free run lobbies. But the problem is not about that, the problem is that there is no way of keeping modded cars out of online races.

Last edited:
I'll throw this question in the air...

"Would GT5 hybrid cars still have come into existence if PD had regularly released DLC cars as they initially offered?"

"Would GT5 hybrid cars still have come into existence if PD had regularly released DLC cars as they initially offered?"

If PD would keep us happy this wouldnt happen.

There is no harm if you drive it for yourself or in free run lobbies.

And that's why I have taken up making cars for myself.

Honestly, I never spent much time in public lobbies anyway because I could never find one with people that didn't drive like maniacs or felt the need to use racing soft tires for street cars. So most of my online experience with GT5 has been private leagues only. I may bust out one of my hybrids in one of those lobbies after we've completed an event and everyone is free to do whatever they want, but most of my time spent with these cars will be in free run mode and using them for nothing more than the enjoyment of the drive. 👍

R1600Turbo

Honestly, I never spent much time in public lobbies anyway because I could never find one with people that didn't drive like maniacs or felt the need to use racing soft tires for street cars. So most of my online experience with GT5 has been private leagues only. I may bust out one of my hybrids in one of those lobbies after we've completed an event and everyone is free to do whatever they want, but most of my time spent with these cars will be in free run mode and using them for nothing more than the enjoyment of the drive. 👍

You should come race with Mitch and I. We have a good group of people we race with regularly.

Probably, It was only a matter of time, i'm sure every game that has ever been released has been modded/hacked at some point in time.

I'm kinda shocked (well not that shocked) that PD hasn't offically announced they are even aware of the modding/hacking going on. Well they have made a possible subtle hint they know with the latest seasonal events, but at the same time that could just be coinceidental.
Is this common for game developers to adress any hacking secretly, insted of annoucing they know about it and are working on a fix?

But knowing PD if they did release a statement about the hacking all it would likely say is "We are aware of the recent hacking issue in Gran Turismo 5 and we are working on a fix that will come soon" and we all know how "soon", soon is with Kaz.

Also looking at the list of things against Sony's/PSn TOS list, if they handed out bans or temp bans for every violation reported the player base for every game would be more than halfed :lol:

If everyone were that honest that would be great. Sadly though, that's not the case.

To be honest, I don't think it's the engine/chassis/drivetrain swap cars that ruin it. It's the power multiplier cars that have taken things way out of hand.

To be honest, I don't think it's the engine/chassis/drivetrain swap cars that ruin it. It's the power multiplier cars that have taken things way out of hand.

But why should some people have drivetrain options that other people doesn't? In a one-make Civic race it makes a big difference if your Civic is FF or FR.

More tuning options should come to GT5? Yes.
Is modding the right way of doing it? No.

But why should some people have drivetrain options that other people doesn't? In a one-make Civic race it makes a big difference if your Civic is FF or FR.

More tuning options should come to GT5? Yes.
Is modding the right way of doing it? No.
It's not much different from DLC.

I think it's pretty obvious that everyone has access to it.

Everyone technically does, though the only way to make sure you don't suffer any backlash from using them is to avoid using them. Also, since these things come from outside the game, not everyone will know about them or know how to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back