Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,631 comments
I just went on a brownie run. Funny thing I realized after is that I'm wearing a Jimi Hendrix shirt.

DSC02115.jpg

1989 E30 325i
little beat up but i love it

Oh, well thats not half as bad, if you're wearing a Jimi shirt and buy like 6 brownie mixes that might look a bit odd.

Or if you're wearing a grateful dead shirt and haven't shaved or cut your hair in 19 months.

Turns out iTunes had the new Big D and the Kids Table album, Fluent in Stroll, for sale before its scheduled release so I took advantage of that. Can't wait to listen!

fluentinstrollcover.jpg

By the way - this is my 6000th post!

3640834776_c7032222da.jpg

Total came out to $10.80. Since I live in a Blue state, there's this thing called a tax... ****in' hippies. Still, not too bad. Even the Target employee was surprised at the total when he rang it up.

If anyone is wondering, the greatest hits logo is only on the plastic wrap and not on the case.

Now, I just gotta dust off my DFP and pull out the TV tray.

Don't have my camera here with me at "work", but I went out on my lunch break and bought Ferrari Challenge at my local GameStop. It was $39.95 + tax.
After reading the Ferrari Challenge thread last night, my interest in the game was re-ignited. In fact, sitting here now, I can't wait to have a chance to try it out this evening :dopey: *feels like 4 year-old at Christmas*

I decided it was time for me to quit whining about the wait for GT5 and go out and do something about it 👍 From everything I've read and heard, FC should be very entertaining and a nice diversion from GT5P, which has become an otherwise "meh" experience the last month or so.

3640834776_c7032222da.jpg

If anyone is wondering, the greatest hits logo is only on the plastic wrap and not on the case.
Is there any way on these new Greatest Hits versions to tell that you're smarter than the rest/got the cheap version? I always showed up at the checkout a little red-faced whenever I bought an old Greatest Hits game, with the big I'm-a-year-old-already banner plastered right on top.

The wrap is a good idea. Instead of redesigning the package for each game they just give them all the same wrapper. Saves money.

The case is exactly like the normal version. My hatred of the greatest hits goes back to the PSX with it's neon-OMG green covers.

New rims an tires for the ol' MX-5

Woot, I love me some 6ULs. If I'd have known about them before I got my RPF1s, I'd have gotten these instead! The only problem is that 15x8+36 = flared fenders on a Civic.

Yeah, you like that math equation. :lol:

So, Apple decided to release the new 13 inch macbook pro's after 3 weeks of my macbook purchase. My local Futureshop kindly let me exchange my macbook for one of the new 13 inch macbook pro's for 50 bucks =).

image026nbp.jpg

image027syo.jpg

image028t.jpg

:D backlit keyboard = <3

No pics, but four SplitFire Copper Classic plugs (single electrode; any good? I'm installing tomorrow), a gapper, and a valve cover gasket kit. I looked at my plugs today and cyl's 2-4 had a bit of oil on them, and they were all worn :scared:.

^

I've got two of those on my truck,those things sound great.

I hope you have two pipes because putting two mufflers together because the first one sounded so good doesn't quite work the way you'd want it to...

:D backlit keyboard = <3

How's that work out for you? I had a friend demonstrate his darkness sensor for his back lit MacBook Pro. Basically whenever it was dark, the sensor did something that made a bunch of light and convinced the computer that it was actually light out...

Well not really a purchase, it's actually a present:

The Hot Shoe Diaries: Big Light from Small Flashes by Joe McNally
mcnallyhotshoediaries.jpg

How's that work out for you? I had a friend demonstrate his darkness sensor for his back lit MacBook Pro. Basically whenever it was dark, the sensor did something that made a bunch of light and convinced the computer that it was actually light out...

Does it exactly the same thing as his demonstration. I can actually see the keys in dark places now :D

Using some Reward Zone credits and gift cards at Best Buy I bought a few items. Rock Band 2 Guitar, Wolverine videogame (it was on sale), and Transformers Seaons 1 (Real Transformers).

dscf4168.jpg

dscf4169.jpg

Knowing your propensity for breaking things, get Continuous Play. Please.

Also, did you track down the source of the G25 fail?

My latest purchase is... Marvin (as seen in a Cars in General thread):

marvinathome.jpg

Marvin is a 1993 Mazda MX-3 1.8i V6 SE. He cost £250 ($400), having come from a home where he was well-used and loved and the owners wished for him to be restored to health and put back on the road (having turned down offers twice that from breakers). Though a technical MoT fail - emissions, brakes, headlights - he's not so unwell that I can't put him back on the road as he is now, but that's not what's in store for Marvin.

Oddly, Marvin is subject to a few coincidences. His previous owner has had him for about the same length of time as I've had my red one (6 years), they live in a village next to where I once did a track day (though several hundred miles from my home), they own a labrador who detests their other cars but loved the MX-3 (like ours does) and are a member of one of the same websites as my other half, his registration plate contains the same three numbers (albeit in a different order) as my MX-3 and, possibly most peculiar of all given the other coincidences, shares my birthday (though on my next birthday I'll be twice his age).

I'm partway through stripping him at the moment. The next job is to repair some of the leather interior, possibly dye the suede and transfer the entire interior into my MX-3...

Back