Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,629 comments
On the topic of Keyboards, I just ordered the MX5500, bluetooth combo:
4740.1.0.jpg

Also, an emergency service vehicle locater:

Thanks under18carbon, yeah I liked their look ever since the diNovo

logitech_dinovo_media_desktop.gif

Could you please let me know how it goes with this KB as im looking to buy one myself but i wasnt sure if the trackpad would work with the ps3 as a pointing device. And it does look really nice.

PM me and let us know.

cheers.

No prob but on another forum they were talking about it working with the PS3. Comes up as Dinovo Edge.

Actually I found this too.

Cnet
This keyboard also works with game console.
I tested it on a Playstation 3 and the PS3 found the keyboard no problem. All you have to do is to use the USB bluetooth provided and insert it in one of the PS3 USB port.

Sigh... :rolleyes: I thought it'd just be recognized by the PS3's built in Bluetooth.

because using rear-view mirrors is such a hassle

:lol:
Us American drivers like to multitask while driving and nothing is more important than horking down a BigMac. We don't have time to look out for Fire Trucks and such.

Finally got around to getting the FSX expansion pack, I've been playing FSX quite a bit these past couple of days and thought I needed some more missions and planes to screw around with. Also I found a really cool map of Scotland that shows where all the family's clans came from. With me being Scottish and all I though I would pick it up. I'm going to frame it and put in in my stairwell I think.

P3091570.jpg

Exactly...so I can pull over and get out of the way. Just want to be a responsible driver is all.....
Really? Sweet. I use mine to outsmart cops and save myself lots of money. But for some reason the laser detector goes off every time I honk my horn...
I assume your computer is exceptionally badass. That game is fantastic, but even on my buddy's custom gaming machine we couldn't run it at full grpahics. Maybe the simplified the game a little since then?

More coilovers!
Ksport coilovers for my aw11
splash_large.jpg

ACT 6 puck unsprung clutch.
My left leg is going to hate me.
clutchxb8.jpg
Woot! Man, I can't wait until I get to post stuff like this in here again.

So yesterday I got my Coilovers
Stance FTW 👍 Massive "bang for the buck" value.

Those were the coilovers I was planning to get when I was planning to get a 240sx. What springs are you using right now?

EDIT:
diablomonkey
I normally take it in 2nd gear at 3000ish RPM and have no problem at all but with these on the back end came out..
This isn't good, have you gotten the car aligned since you've lowered it?

Nice. What are you using as a preamp?

Old'ish Sony STR-DA50ES surround receiver. Will be replaced by a Yamaha RX-V1800 within the next couple of months...

The only reason I'm using a separate power amp is because the Sony simply doesn't have the power to make our front speakers live :-| The NADs on the other hand, does a really good job of doing just that :-)

I assume your computer is exceptionally badass. That game is fantastic, but even on my buddy's custom gaming machine we couldn't run it at full grpahics. Maybe the simplified the game a little since then?

It's not bad, but it's nothing to write home about.

Stance FTW 👍 Massive "bang for the buck" value.

Those were the coilovers I was planning to get when I was planning to get a 240sx. What springs are you using right now?

EDIT: This isn't good, have you gotten the car aligned since you've lowered it?

I am using the 8k/6k and the 9k/7k are sitting in the garage. And for the damping I have the fronts set at 13 and the rears at 15. I played around with the different shock rates today and need to figure out what I like best.

Its not that big of a deal, with the old suspension (stock) you could hear the tires struggling to keep grip so with a stiffer set up its normal for it to do that. And no I haven't gotten an alignment since it was lowered because I am going to be making some other major suspension upgrades here real soon and it would me pointless to get an alignment just to put new parts on and have your alignment all out of wack again.

Here's my new toy:

canon20ef2070200mm20120fl2.gif

a Canon EF 70-200MM F/4L. It's currently in the hands of FedEx (:nervous:) but should be in my hands by the end of the week. :D I'm planning to take it to Brands for the BTCC on the 30th.

I just made a random impulse buy... although I do need a new keyboard. It's $90 shipped. after mail in rebate.

dinovo-edge-keyboard.jpg

I figure this will make a great mouse/keyboard combo for my PS3 when I start using it too. xD

I want one for my lounge. It's over a £100 in the UK though. Just checked on US Ebay, I can get it for £85 delivered.

100_0295.jpg

Hamilton Beach 15-bar pump-driven, MSRP $85, bought on eBay practically new for $25, shipping included. eBay = :drool:

Say no to Starbucks; buy an espresso machine. :sly:

I'm glad you got a metal tamper as well with it, assuming it didn't come with it. Those plastic things that they typically give you aren't worth a damn. Great purchase, I really need to look into getting a better espresso machine, mine is quite old and doesn't work as well as it should anymore.

Just purchased a Shuttle XPC to use in the lounge on a 23" HD Samsung TV. Second bedroom was too cluttered with a large ATX case and surround speakers.

It's only a basic spec running a P4 Extreme 3.4ghz, 2GB RAM, 40gb HD with another 120GB going in next week. Radeon 7600 GT 256mb PCI-E with HD TV. Going to swap the DVD drive with a Blu Ray drive for HD goodness. Cooling & power supply seem to be running fine although the second hard drive may affect it slightly.

Just looking for a decent keyboard now, preferably bluetooth with integrated scroll pad. I knox Microsoft & Logitech have just released a new series.

I'll get some internal pics up in the next few days.

I'm glad you got a metal tamper as well with it, assuming it didn't come with it. Those plastic things that they typically give you aren't worth a damn. Great purchase, I really need to look into getting a better espresso machine, mine is quite old and doesn't work as well as it should anymore.

Yeah you're quite right about the tamp - I worked in an espresso bar/gelato cafe in undergrad... no WAY I'd buy a plastic tamp after that!

If you need a new one, I'm really pleased with this one, and I'm sure you could find one on ebay fairly cheaply. There were some KILLER deals. If you do look at the Hamilton Beach, just be aware that there's no automatic shutoff on the shot pull - you have to watch your demitasses (or whatever you're using) to prevent overflow, and shut it off manually. The steamer works surprisingly well though! Takes longer than a commercial machine for sure, but it produces froth and foam just as well.

I've used the entry-level home electric machines before too - I seriously reccomend you avoid those and go for a pump-driven machine. They're a bit more expensive, but definitely worth it.

Here's my new toy:

canon20ef2070200mm20120fl2.gif

a Canon EF 70-200MM F/4L. It's currently in the hands of FedEx (:nervous:) but should be in my hands by the end of the week. :D I'm planning to take it to Brands for the BTCC on the 30th.

Nice, is that the IS or non-IS version? I myself have been looking at the 70-200F/4 IS one.

How you finding the scroll pad? Also, do you have another mouse connected for gaming?

Haven't gotten it yet, but I'll let you know. I probably won't be doing any gaming on the PC but if I did I'd use another mouse I have connected.

Haven't gotten it yet, but I'll let you know. I probably won't be doing any gaming on the PC but if I did I'd use another mouse I have connected.

Cool. Let me know how you get on. Just going to look at some of the other Logitech keyboards. I heard the drivers can be problematic though.

It shipped today. I'm hoping it being bluetooth won't be too much of a problem. It's not for the Mac at work anyway. (mac bluetooth keyboard) :dopey:

Back