Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,678 comments
602500_4426373264078_21235076_n.jpg

Sunday night is sorted. :D On till 5am, home at 6, coaching at 10. Uh oh!

Last edited:
602500_4426373264078_21235076_n.jpg

Sunday night is sorted. :D On till 5am, home at 6, coaching at 10. Uh oh!

2nd birthday party? Is there going to be jelly and ice cream? A clown making balloon animals?

Hold on. 10pm to 5am? Surely a mistake. What 2 year old is up at that time? :odd:

And it's for over 18's? I'm confuseded...

2nd birthday party? Is there going to be jelly and ice cream? A clown making balloon animals?

Hold on. 10pm to 5am? Surely a mistake. What 2 year old is up at that time? :odd:

And it's for over 18's? I'm confuseded...

No it's the owner of the club that is 2. This is just the afterparty. 👍

I got one of these for the new house:

asus-rt-n56u.jpg

Lightning fast at 5Ghz and no bottle necks but the range is down on my old Belkin N1 and it needs a wired modem to run. Just need to work out how to extend my network as only 1/3 of the house is covered. :indiff:

Suggestions on a postcard please...

Got some awesome stuff from a thrift store(Treasures is the name of the store) yesterday that sells 90% women's clothing, 5% men's clothing, and then 5% of what else is leftover. So it was amazing that the router was a steal and I tested that it works in the store!

Linksys WRT54G wifi router with the blue plastic turned purple from age - $4.00:
Linksys-WRT54G_1.jpg

Linksys WPC54G Ver. 2 PCMCIA wifi card - $2.00:
CF28PCMCIA802LANw.jpg

So far I'm using it in the laptop I brought back to life for my mom months ago and the software can't find the card!

Edit: It's all fixed! Removed the software, downloaded a hacked driver(different manufacturer driver but it's made for the same chipset and I just had to change some text in a .inf file to make it install!), installed, and bam!, on the internet. Now it's a good late Mother's Birthday present. :)
We used to have that same router and would have issues while trying to run the PS3, PC, and 2 360s. A couple times a day it would disconnect from the internet. Now we have the new Linksys WRT54G2 with NO issues. So hopefully you have better luck with yours.

We used to have that same router and would have issues while trying to run the PS3, PC, and 2 360s. A couple times a day it would disconnect from the internet. Now we have the new Linksys WRT54G2 with NO issues. So hopefully you have better luck with yours.

It's an old one for sure! It's a version 2.2. My plan is to put DD-WRT on it and just bridge it with my current wireless router(Linksys E2500) which also happens to have DD-WRT. It's use will be to expand the wireless signal and provide me a 4 port ethernet switch in my room. I'm not expecting much but I've used this type of router in my IT class back in BOCES years ago(used to stream music while I was in class). Never had a problem with the connection.

nick09
It's an old one for sure! It's a version 2.2. My plan is to put DD-WRT on it and just bridge it with my current wireless router(Linksys E2500) which also happens to have DD-WRT. It's use will be to expand the wireless signal and provide me a 4 port ethernet switch in my room. I'm not expecting much but I've used this type of router in my IT class back in BOCES years ago(used to stream music while I was in class). Never had a problem with the connection.

My dad has had that exact model since it came
out. It runs great with a ps3, 360, apple tv, two mac pros and 3-4 iDevices. Ill post a pic of his tonight.

Back