Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,678 comments
7060.jpg

Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male. Smells tasty.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/03/razer-mamba-hands-on-small.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

Hope you do not have the left click squeak.

I got a Carbon Fiber Pen.
No, Fox is not joking.

[IMG]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2605/20120801200555.jpg
20120801200621.jpg

Turning signal mechanism for my 62 GMC.
Apparently if it wasn't set back to exact middle, a taillight wouldn't work, and I don't need to give the local cops any other reasons to pull me over.

Been tring different edgers and purchased this one over the weekend. Its an electric weed wacker / edger. I didnt want one with a battery because I know the battery would eventually die and I would sol. So I got the one I can plug an extension cord into. :sly:

Actually spent most of my money this summer doing home improvements and yard excavation. Making sure the house is 100% insulated and vented properly. This means attic, floors, walls, everything. I am almost finished. Also making sure the garage and house are vented properly. That has been a pain.

Electric weed wacker / edger $59.99
worx_weed_wacker.jpg

4' Ridge cap vent for garage $10.00
1991485_3157516_600.jpg

I got one of these for the new house:

asus-rt-n56u.jpg

Lightning fast at 5Ghz and no bottle necks but the range is down on my old Belkin N1 and it needs a wired modem to run. Just need to work out how to extend my network as only 1/3 of the house is covered. :indiff:

Suggestions on a postcard please...

Wireless-N range extenders.

asus-rt-n56u.jpg

Lightning fast at 5Ghz and no bottle necks but the range is down on my old Belkin N1 and it needs a wired modem to run. Just need to work out how to extend my network as only 1/3 of the house is covered. :indiff:

Wireless-N range extenders.
What the hell kind of house is only 1/3 covered by wifi?!

Keef
What the hell kind of house is only 1/3 covered by wifi?!

ExigeEvan
Have you not seen pictures of his new house?

Yep, having to post this using 3G on my iPhone from the bedroom. This is a big Georgian house with double height ceilings and walls made from Kryptonite or something. Router is some distance away so, as Sureboss says, I'm looking at wireless relays to keep the 5Ghz option available throughout. 1st world problems etc, etc... ;)

Edit: No dungeon, just a Nazi bunker. :D

ExigeEvan
Having enjoyed reading a book based on the occupation I must ask, does your house have any significant history for WW2?

Yep, it was the officers quarters for Unit 582(?), I believe. I can get the exact unit tomorrow. I've got a couple of photos of the Unit commander, Oberst Prahl, coming up my front steps.

That explains the air shelter (converted cold store) under my back lawn. It's very handy as a place to keep loads of crap. :D

When I get a chance I'll post some pics.

asus-rt-n56u.jpg

Good luck. 5GHz Repeaters seem to start at $160. Might be better to look into a 5GHz router that will act as a repeater with the right firmware. Then again I only looked into it briefly.

Yep, it was the officers quarters for Unit 582(?), I believe. I can get the exact unit tomorrow. I've got a couple of photos of the Unit commander, Oberst Prahl, coming up my front steps.

That explains the air shelter (converted cold store) under my back lawn. It's very handy as a place to keep loads of crap. :D

When I get a chance I'll post some pics.
Wow, that's some epic real estate. I've always wondered about the flag on your location...I didn't even know that place existed!

Double brick houses cut your wifi range down a fair bit.
And things like insulation also cut it down.

And from what I heard The higher the frequency the more it is effected by solid objects like walls.

Back