Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,678 comments
LG IPS236v 23 inch IPS LED panel. It will be my first ips panel :) If i like this one, i may buy 2 more for surround/eyefinity. the bezel is a bit thick, though :/

41EPj0c6bvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My parent's 8-9 year old HP monitor is flickering like mad(due to bad solder joints I've read online). So it's getting replaced by a really nice looking beauty that was purchased yesterday. Finally my parent's are getting upgraded to DVI!

Asus VE208T 20" LED Monitor - $122.42 w/free shipping and sales tax:
asus_ve208t.jpg

I plan on looking at the old monitor sometime to see if I can fix the problem and keep it for working on computers(15" IBM CRT is cool and all but it's too big to be that functional).

Edit: Looks like I was right on getting the Asus monitor. Just found this site and there is really nothing to complain about it for the budget price.

Last edited:
Electric weed wacker / edger $59.99
worx_weed_wacker.jpg

Hope you have a small yard and/or extra batteries. Have the worx gt, have a couple medium yards, couple small areas with stubborn weeds(this thing is not that great with anything thicker than just grass) only 1 battery and after 3 years, it no longer holds full charge.

Alclad307Cleaner.jpg
ALC309Black_wm.jpg

Alclad112Steel.jpg
Alclad107Chrome.jpg

ALC123Manifold_wm.jpg
Alclad111Magnesium.jpg

Alclad113JetExhaust.jpg
Alclad102Dura.jpg

ALC117DullAluminum_wm.jpg
Alclad101Aluminum.jpg

Alclad105PolishAluminum.jpg
Alclad119Aluminum_wm.jpg

Alclad106Aluminum.jpg

Yup. :sly:

Only got all of these at once because I found a Portuguese online store that (somehow) sells these cheaper than on any other trustworthy international website I've seen so far. Plus, they even offer s&h. 👍

My parent's 8-9 year old HP monitor is flickering like mad(due to bad solder joints I've read online). So it's getting replaced by a really nice looking beauty that was purchased yesterday. Finally my parent's are getting upgraded to DVI!

Asus VE208T 20" LED Monitor - $122.42 w/free shipping and sales tax:
asus_ve208t.jpg

I plan on looking at the old monitor sometime to see if I can fix the problem and keep it for working on computers(15" IBM CRT is cool and all but it's too big to be that functional).

Edit: Looks like I was right on getting the Asus monitor. Just found this site and there is really nothing to complain about it for the budget price.
I envy you.

eSZee
Hope you have a small yard and/or extra batteries. Have the worx gt, have a couple medium yards, couple small areas with stubborn weeds(this thing is not that great with anything thicker than just grass) only 1 battery and after 3 years, it no longer holds full charge.
I hope you are just trimming those yards, not weed whacking the whole thing.

Ultimately, I believe you are doing it wrong anyway.
41PD3g7sAdL.jpg

Once a month and all edges are nice and clear. I never did understand the whole trimming thing. If you don't like the dirt look put down some mulch or rocks and it gives your yard a nice edged or framed appearance.

Xbox 360 4GB and Forza 4. Let's see what all this fuss is about. :sly:

Someone is going to be unhappy they can't have all the DLC :P

My latest purchase?

microsoft_xbox_360_wireless_n_adapter.jpg

No more fiddling with hard-wiring the 360 to the internet every time I want to play online. Though apparently, my NAT is restricted, most likely due to the myriad electronics connecting to our wireless in the apartment. Two PS3's, two computers, both phones, the Xbox...

Yup. :sly:

Only got all of these at once because I found a Portuguese online store that (somehow) sells these cheaper than on any other trustworthy international website I've seen so far. Plus, they even offer s&h. 👍

Nice, Alclad metal finishes are a great product. 👍
Have fun polishing.

Cheers Shaun.

Are they modelling paints?

Yes sir. :)
They come pre-thinned, ready for airbrush use, and have top quality in simulating all sorts of different metals. A little oil wash after, and it's modelingasm. 👍

And for €5 a pop with free shipping, can't be beat. :drool:

Nice, Alclad metal finishes are a great product.
Have fun polishing.

Cheers Shaun.
They sure are. I've never used them personally, but seen in the flesh some of the potential they have in various models, so I'm pretty excited to finally use them. Before finding this website, I didn't even knew there was a local company importing these.
Thanks. ;)👍

SlipZtrEm
Someone is going to be unhappy they can't have all the DLC :P

My latest purchase?

No more fiddling with hard-wiring the 360 to the internet every time I want to play online. Though apparently, my NAT is restricted, most likely due to the myriad electronics connecting to our wireless in the apartment. Two PS3's, two computers, both phones, the Xbox...

I had the choice between the Elite and the 4GB for £130 but because it is technically my little brothers he was all "NEWER ONE LOOKS KEWL. BUY THAT ONE." Good thing I have a 16GB USB!

I envy you.

Thank you. I purchased it from B&H Photo and it's still on sale ;)

The free shipping was from UPS so I'm getting the monitor today. I can't wait to unbox it!

Edit: It has arrived! I've looked at some mountain wallpapers and it's simply amazing!!! I've never seen a monitor look this good! The only negative I have to say is that the DVI cable could of been a foot longer since the video cable has to route around the desk and into the cabinet. But that should never push you away from this monitor. If you can stretch your budget, I highly recommend it!

Last edited:
^ Plus, DVI cables are cheap as chips anyway.

Speaking of cables and purchases, it wasn't so much as a purchas but a give away. I went to the place of some friends of my Uncle, and they had a whooole crud tone of old computers. I got two fully working systems out of it and.. wait for it...15 unopened brand new 2m VGA cables.

I am pleased. Of course there were a few dud parts, some ram was bad, a graphics card, and a bi 650W PSU which had electrolight fluid all over it's guts, but other than that it was a good haul.

*Alclad goodies

When you use these I expect a post in the 1/24 thread or something to let me know how they do. Heard good stuff about Alclad, but sounds a bit tricky to use.
👍 Nice purchase.

Bought some stuff for my bike:

New oil:
cb1cefc1.jpg

New oil filter (switched from stock to K&N):
ad0dafc6.jpg

Swing arm spools:
cef363e6.jpg

And a new rear set:
96d1f3a0.jpg

Probably going to order a peg set tonight or tomorrow. Will add pics when i do.

When you use these I expect a post in the 1/24 thread or something to let me know how they do. Heard good stuff about Alclad, but sounds a bit tricky to use.
👍 Nice purchase.

Will, do, I promise. 👍

I have the same exact Falcon. Only instead the livery colors are swapped from one another, and the rims are black.

Back