Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,625 comments
Must be time for the GTP staff to be buying new houses! I just did 2 months ago, now Jerome, one other (remaining nameless as I don't think he's posted anything "out in the open") in the process...
my wife works at the elementary school that is literally 1 1/2 blocks away
I know where your wife works![/singsong]

Yes, I'm a certified internet creeper. :P

Looks good, Jerome! :cheers:

tumblr_inline_mrfx3tiTHI1qz4rgp.png

Renewed my SCCA Membership

scca.jpg

And registered for a RallyX on Saturday in the middle of now where.

Words cant express how excited I am about this purchase!!! :dopey:

QA1 adjustable coilover springs and shocks for the front of my 69 Camaro!! 18 adjustments for the shocks. Direct bolt in!! $500.00 including spanner wrenches. I have wanted these for at least 9 years!! Should be here next week. After I install these I will be another step closer to returning to road track racing again. So happy!! :dopey:

HAL-GD401-10550A.jpg

QA1-T114W-Spanner-Wrench-Set-for-QA1-Coil-Over-Shocks-1.jpg

Last edited:
Remind me to NEVER visit you. Ever. D:

It's still cool though.

Have you named it?

No Im not going to name a tarantula, The latin name is Haplopelma lividum aka Cobalt blue.

So awesome.

Is it your first, or have you owned other tarantulas?

This is my 2nd tarantula I used to have a Curly hair it was very tame & I could actually hold it whereas this one is nervous, highly aggressive & would bite if given the chance. I also took my friends Chile rose off him when it got too big & scary for him but I sold that as there a bit boring. My next tarantula will probably be a bird eater or a skeleton ??, not sure on the name.

This is my 2nd tarantula I used to have a Curly hair it was very tame & I could actually hold it whereas this one is nervous, highly aggressive & would bite if given the chance. I also took my friends Chile rose off him when it got too big & scary for him but I sold that as there a bit boring. My next tarantula will probably be a bird eater or a skeleton ??, not sure on the name.

Moving to the aggressive stuff then? I had a Chile Rose when I was younger and she was awesome. If I had the money for a new set-up, I'd probably get a Tiger Rump or a Skeleton, such beautiful spiders.

DSC_0223.JPG

Cold air intake $200.

Only went with the short ram because the bumper is a paint to get off.

Congrats on the new purchase Camaroboy69, I think it was a wise decision for you purchase those wrenches as well. What spring rate will you be running?

I figured I might as well share this one with everyone. I've been shopping around for quite sometime for riding gear that I can use on long rides or daily commutes. I came across this deal for $199 through motorcyclecloseouts.com and couldn't pass it up. My gear is currently on it's way but here's a pic of what I ordered. Although these would be too warm for summer riding out here, I'm really looking forward to Az winter season.

image.php

Last edited by a moderator:
2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES

zfqg.jpg

I was looking so long for a Yaris, and then Dad stumbled upon this at a great deal.

150,000kms, manual, one owner.

It came with summer tires on alloy wheels as well.

So happy! :D

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES

I was looking so long for a Yaris, and then Dad stumbled upon this at a great deal.

Nice!

Decided to get some things out of the way; consider these pre-ordered:

_-Batman-Arkham-Origins-PS3-_.jpg

gta5-box-art.jpg

...though it seems EB is out of the special edition for GTA. Since it's one of those rare games that doesn't have stupid retailer exclusives, I think I'll just go to Best Buy next chance I get and pre-order there instead.

Also picked up PGR4 for $5... only to find out the DLC has been removed from XBL. I really wanted to try the W12 Golf :(

Oh yeah... and six of these:

lemon.jpg

:D

A guy at work was selling the exact bike rack I have been looking for - $50 including extra brake light 👍

4t7s.jpg

Bopop4
2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES

If you don't mind me asking... How much did you end up paying for it? Looks to be in good shape.

I got a good deal on a car I bought about three weeks ago. 2004 Pontiac Sunfire. I got it for 3,200.
It was a one owner too. It is fully loaded with power everything. Had 49,500 miles on it when I got it. I just hit 50k miles the other day. It is in amazing shape.

QA1 adjustable coilover springs and shocks for the front of my 69 Camaro!! 18 adjustments for the shocks. Direct bolt in!! $500.00 including spanner wrenches. I have wanted these for at least 9 years!! Should be here next week. After I install these I will be another step closer to returning to road track racing again. So happy!! :dopey:

HAL-GD401-10550A.jpg

QA1-T114W-Spanner-Wrench-Set-for-QA1-Coil-Over-Shocks-1.jpg

Congrats on the new purchase Camaroboy69, I think it was a wise decision for you purchase those wrenches as well. What spring rate will you be running?
Thank you. I am going to experiment with 300lb spring rate since I have a 383 stroker, fiberglass hood, no wheel wells, no AC, and quite a few aluminum parts under the hood. If the 300 spring rate is a bit light, I will go 350 spring rate.

UPDATE: I will be sticking with the QA1 front coilovers for now. Ridetech wants me to do a full upper and lower control arm conversion for their coilover shocks. Which would be well over $1,000-$2,000. I will do that eventually, but for now I will be more than happy with the QA1 coilovers. :)

Last edited:
Thank you. I am going to experiment with 300lb spring rate since I have a 383 stroker, fiberglass hood, no wheel wells, no AC, and quite a few aluminum parts under the hood. If the 300 spring rate is a bit light, I will go 350 spring rate.

UPDATE: I will be sticking with the QA1 front coilovers for now. Ridetech wants me to do a full upper and lower control arm conversion for their coilover shocks. Which would be well over $1,000-$2,000. I will do that eventually, but for now I will be more than happy with the QA1 coilovers. :)

Congrats! Maybe ridetech should sponsor you. ;)

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES

zfqg.jpg

You were looking for a Yaris?

:ill:

Glad you finally found something pretty decent, though. Cool.

Finally! What are you planning to do on the rear? I don't even remember if you have a sway bar in there.

Back