Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,618 comments
Unable to get a decent picture, but I just purchased this Toyota Crown shirt!!
1,width=280,height=280,appearanceId=4.png

http://wasabicars.spreadshirt.com/toyota-crowns-A13396543/customize/color/4

Never again I am buying a game from a local retailer, been two weeks as GTA5 hasn't shipped yet. Meanwhile ordered this baby from GAME, sad truth that it'll probably arrive here from overseas quicker than GTA5 from 20km south.

gt5-academy-edition.jpg

Jet Badger
Never again I am buying a game from a local retailer, been two weeks as GTA5 hasn't shipped yet. Meanwhile ordered this baby from GAME, sad truth that it'll probably arrive here from overseas quicker than GTA5 from 20km south.

It's a 2013 Edition.

Basil Hayden Bourbon to try out.

1256.jpg

Also bought a few new beers. I'm keeping an eye out for the Velvet Merkin to arrive in stores, and I will be buying that when it does appear.

Basil Hayden Bourbon to try out.

1256.jpg

Also bought a few new beers. I'm keeping an eye out for the Velvet Merkin to arrive in stores, and I will be buying that when it does appear.

My favortie bourbon! 👍

I love it because it's smooth. Also, it's a great Winter bourbon. Perfect for the Holidays because of its flavor profile.

Wintergreen, peppermint, caramel, wood, vanilla, a touch of leather and a good deal of spice (herbal, not hot). For bourbon, it's tasted like a spicy candy cane. All this in a smoooooooooth finish. However, it is pretty weak so no need to cut it with water.

A few purchases this week.

New coffee grinder, old one gave up the ghost.
Getting some fantastic results with this.

EM0500_primary_1.jpg

Cycling Jersey.
Been waiting on Rapha to release this for a while now. Snapped one up yesterday when the email that it was available came through. Sold out in two sizes so far in one day.

4303_zoom-01.jpg

T-Shirt.
Had to spend a little bit more to qualify for free postage from Rapha making the T-Shirt very cheap.

24-506.jpg

splinter-cell-blacklist1.jpg

During the Steam sale.

And since I have money left on a gift car for returning the Go Pro, and I've been looking to set up my desk in a way that's more comfortable:
Logitech%20G710%20keyboard%20copy.jpg

Logitech G710 Mechanical keyboard. Pretty decent open box deal at Best Buy for $90.

This way I can keep my laptop folded up and hooked into the TV, out of the way, and keep my keyboard and mouse in the drawer on my desk. Free'd up a lot of space and I don't need to keep my hands at an uncomfortable angle to type anymore. The key spacing works better for my enormous hands, too. :lol:

That looks like quite the powerhouse, specs?

1 TB 7200RPM drive. 12GB RAM. Core i7 4700MQ. GeForce GTX 770. 17.3" 1080p matte screen.

Seem to be the only laptop on the market that still had the user-friendly design that my old M1710 and M90 both had in terms of self-serviceability and upgradeability; and with nearly the same amount of USB ports.

It also helps that I think the recently redesigned ASUS G-series looks atrocious compared to the one before that that I had been considering buying. I'm... kinda shocked how different this is from the circa-2008 laptops I've been used to. Like, it has a matte screen that is just as bright as the Dell's was maxed out, but this one is only at 30% brightness. My only real issue with it is that I really don't like how the right Shift key and arrow keys were done, but otherwise it's fantastic (and I'm sure I'll get used to it anyway). Best audio I've ever heard from a laptop, too (and I always thought the Dell's was pretty good, but this just blows it away). Also surprisingly light, even though it's also bigger than the Dell was.

Last edited:
Fancy piece of kit - is this one an upgrade from the previous one?

Yep very much so, my previous one was a blade type grinder. While it done the job of getting the coffee fine enough to achieve this it would transfer too much heat to the coffee. Not desirable at all.

New one is a conical burr grinder, hardly transfers heat at all and from the testing I have done the variable grind settings seem to work very well.
One thing for sure it has stepped up my go to coffee to another level. :D

Only way now to really improve would be to spend huge dollars on another actual espresso machine, not going to happen.

They have you hooked :P

Yup, hook, line and sinker.
I did actually want the T-Shirt also though and nearly bought it while in Melbourne not long ago. I decided to hold off until the jersey was released to combine postage.

I really should un-subscribe from their newsletter. Won't happen though. :dopey:

Forgive me for being rude, how much does that coffee grinder set you back? As I'm actually considering getting proper coffee beans stuff and doing it "properly" rather than relying on instant coffee.

Forgive me for being rude, how much does that coffee grinder set you back? As I'm actually considering getting proper coffee beans stuff and doing it "properly" rather than relying on instant coffee.

Yeah sure, no problems.

It cost me $149, shelf price was $169. Pretty sure you could find it or similar cheaper if you hunted around. I needed a replacement quick.

If you're going down the route of "proper" coffee you can always at the start buy pre-ground coffee to save buying a grinder straight away. Other option is the pod machines although I would advise an espresso machine over them. Pod machines are fine and a marked improvement over insta-crap but I like the option of sourcing my beans straight from the roaster.

Besides I almost see coffee as a hobby and don't mind at all putting the extra effort into it. I find it very rewarding when you nail the perfect cup. 👍

Got me my first pair of Air Max:

nike-air-max-90-essential-black-mortar-mine-grey-august-2013-750x500.jpg

Gotta give it to the guy who sold them to me: He was right, they are damn comfortable (which is what I was looking for). A bit pricey, but it's been the first time in ages my feet didn't hurt like hell after a night of partying. Wearing my trusty Chuck Taylor All Stars, I'm usually about to cut my feet off when I get home. Only problem is that, around here, 90% of people who wear 'em are douches.

Luminis
Got me my first pair of Air Max:

Gotta give it to the guy who sold them to me: He was right, they are damn comfortable (which is what I was looking for). A bit pricey, but it's been the first time in ages my feet didn't hurt like hell after a night of partying. Wearing my trusty Chuck Taylor All Stars, I'm usually about to cut my feet off when I get home. Only problem is that, around here, 90% of people who wear 'em are douches.

They come in a wide size?

I have bad foot problems (really flat footed) is the reason I need a wide version. I need something comfortable because of my right foot that was ripped off in a car accident (Fords man, don't trust them). I still have it luckily, just with a plate and screws in it.

I was thinking about getting a pair of Vans, but something a little more comfortable than them would be nice.

Last edited:
They come in a wide size?

I have bad foot problems (really flat footed) is the reason I need a wide version. I need something comfortable because of my right foot that was ripped off in a car accident (Fords man, don't trust them). I still have it luckily, just with a plate and screws in it.

I was thinking about getting a pair of Vans, but something a little more comfortable than them would be nice.
Man, that does sound bad :(

Anyway, I don't know whether the Air Max are available in wide sizes. I'm kinda flat footed myself (that's what my orthopaedic says, at least) and they're nice to wear. Those are Air Max 90, and the guy at the shop told me that the Air Max One are a bit wider and use fabric isntead of leather, which makes them softer. I, personally, liked the 90 better, but there's some variety to be had. I'd assume that some of these are wider than others. The pair I've got isn't designated as a wide shoe, but they don't feel tight, at all... I can only recommend trying some on 👍

The primary reason they're so comfortable is probably the cushioning, I'd think. They're better at that than most running shoes I've tried - and those are generally too tight and look pretty awful.

Luminis
Man, that does sound bad :(

Anyway, I don't know whether the Air Max are available in wide sizes. I'm kinda flat footed myself (that's what my orthopaedic says, at least) and they're nice to wear. Those are Air Max 90, and the guy at the shop told me that the Air Max One are a bit wider and use fabric isntead of leather, which makes them softer. I, personally, liked the 90 better, but there's some variety to be had. I'd assume that some of these are wider than others. The pair I've got isn't designated as a wide shoe, but they don't feel tight, at all... I can only recommend trying some on 👍

The primary reason they're so comfortable is probably the cushioning, I'd think. They're better at that than most running shoes I've tried - and those are generally too tight and look pretty awful.

Thanks for the info. I may look into these.

Yeah me too, would be so useful telling it to turn on to a channel as I'm walking into the room. Especially as TV's these day take ages to turn on and change channel (its really annoying).

Yeah me too, would be so useful telling it to turn on to a channel as I'm walking into the room. Especially as TV's these day take ages to turn on and change channel (its really annoying).

Agreed. They take forever.

My favortie bourbon! 👍

I love it because it's smooth. Also, it's a great Winter bourbon. Perfect for the Holidays because of its flavor profile.

Wintergreen, peppermint, caramel, wood, vanilla, a touch of leather and a good deal of spice (herbal, not hot). For bourbon, it's tasted like a spicy candy cane. All this in a smoooooooooth finish. However, it is pretty weak so no need to cut it with water.

Awesome! Thanks for your words. I'm still kind of a noob when it comes to bourbons, so it's good to know that at least it won't be terrible. I've been reading that it's got a high amount of rye in it, which is contributing a lot to the spice. I still need to finish my bottle of Woodinville Whiskey first before opening this though.

Forget the TV, I want a kitchen that will cook me food when I speak to it. 👍

Don't you have a wife? :sly:

Back