Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,617 comments
@Pako I must have missed it and it probably has been mentioned before but do you play in a band?

I did for years, but as the kids are getting older, I have been staying home on the weekends. I will do the occasional studio work for someone, jam sessions with friends, fill in for other bassist here and there, special Church performances, but nothing steady at the moment. I figured once the kids are all grown up and dad's not near as cool, I'll get into something more steady. ;)

I got some Monster DNA Earphones on Black Friday, they are regular 120 dollars, I got them for $60, they were the last ones on the shelf too. :D

DNA 026.JPG DNA 028.JPG DNA 029.JPG
DNA 030.JPG

I've never played a Zelda game in my life! I'm told they're worth playing though, plus this edition was the same price as the other bundles so I thought I'd spend a bit more on it. :)

Just bought Red Dualshock 4 today, finally i can see Options button and stop pushing Touch pad every time looking for options or pause

I've never played a Zelda game in my life! I'm told they're worth playing though, plus this edition was the same price as the other bundles so I thought I'd spend a bit more on it. :)

:0 dude wat. Well you're in for a treat. Dunno if that's the best game to start playing the saga, but my brother sez it's an awesome game.

Well, I ran by GameStop and got these.

image.jpg

With a Move controller. The Disney game is a stocking stuffer for my daughter.

The Move and Sports Champions were because I wanted to play disc golf in a climate controlled environment. I've missed it, but can't handle summer weather for long or walking the hills. An hour of testing tonight showed it is just enough to break a sweat without getting exhausted. Perfect. Plus, Sports Champions was $0.99 used. The Disney game was $4.99. Not shabby.

Oh, and I preordered this while I was in there (my store is not available for online preorder in-store pickup or I waited too long to do it online through the affiliate link).

gran-turismo-6-boxart-638x800.png

There, I made my once every five year stop at GameStop. I usually feel angered after, but there are some changes. The staff seemed pretty awesome. I asked for a game and he went and got it for me. The prices no longer seemed outrageous either, or I was buying last gen stuff, which took a recent price cut to clear shelf space.

Zelda games are great. I have most of them. I wanted a WiiU just for the HD version but I'll wait.

Ok I couldn't help myself.

9480745270_ee44c150d0.jpg

Some new headphones, was tossing up between the P5's and P3's.
After an extensive search on the net decided to head down to my local Hi-Fi store (spent a bit there before) and had a talk with the owner. Tried them both out and liked them both, decided to go with the P3's purely because they are a bit more portable.
Even got them cheaper than anywhere I could find them on the net, who says bricks and mortar stores are finished.

If I put my bank account number here, would you all donate me some money so I can buy stuff and "show it off"?

[/end joke]

:D + :P = :lol:

I hope this little joke is not misplaced?

@Shaun: I'm liking my P5's so much right now, they're not as bright or snappy sounding as my Sennheisers but more mellow and laid back. Makes me wonder how the P7's sound, as they've been getting some pretty good reviews.

@F1GTR Yeah the P5's are excellent also, both sound fantastic.
I should have tried the P7's also while in store but didn't as I had no intention of buying them, probably would only have complicated the purchase. :lol:

Happy with the P3's though and for their ability to fold up into a smallish package.
Only down side I would say is if you don't sit them on your head properly they tend to slip forward, after a bit of playing around though I soon found a comfortable position that soon overcomes this.

comtruise_wave1ep.jpg

two of the limited edition 12" vinyls, they are purple (unsane! inbelievable!) and there will be 300 made.
coming 2014-02

B000W7JWUA-2-lg.jpg

for $10 or 20 off on the W3.

Also winning an eBay auction on:
monopoly2.jpg

you know you want one.

In honor of Paul Walker, goes all to his charity, and the stickers on my cars:
5*
1480748_10202707672519593_1132193924_n.jpg

Bought one of these for the Subie as well. Also some more recent purchases:

- Xbone and Forza 5
- Beats by Dre Studios for the GF for Christmas (I know, not the most cost effective set of 'phones but she's always wanted Dres and there was a pretty heavy discount on them as well)
- A Day to Remember's latest album, Common Courtesy:

220px-A_Day_to_Remember,_Common_Courtesy_2013_album.png

And finally just lay-byed this an hour ago:

Yamaha%20DTX450K%20electronic%20drum.jpg

Yamaha DTX450K elec. drum kit.

^^^ G-force?
q7hf.jpg

Just picked this up on my way to work. The limited edition was only ¥1000 extra. I thought it was just going to be some dlc, but it appears to come with a book too.

CK_One_shock_street_edition.png

2f332a0144e3ff8e8bd233db0859c0be.jpg

Yoshi is supposed to "hold" the other present. I didn't want to buy one of the perfumes she has but one that smells alike, so I hope it's right. :P

Back