Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,617 comments
The Innis and Gunn beers are superb, I don't think I've seen that one before, where did you get it from?

Sainsburys as a gift box. Its part of their Christmas stuff. Its was mighty tasty.

Bottle of Stout and two 2010 bottles of Bordeux.

11386216743_4f2e38a3f1_c.jpg

I quite enjoyed their beers. I wish they were easier to find here.

w2QTGnJ.jpg

Plantronics M25 Bluetooth headset

I've used it once racing against @SVX and @PsuPepperoni (how did it sound, by the way?) and at work for the last two days to listen to Pandora. So far so good. 👍

Very happy with both of these! Terrific albums, my Metallica collection grows and yet another great new band to add to the list! :)
Obey+Your+Master.jpg

SM.jpg

Ordered a DFGT and a Wheel Stand Pro a couple days ago since I wanted a cheap wheel for GT6 and didn't exactly feel like having my mom attempt to ship the CSR I have back home out to me.

But alas, the DFGT is out of stock on Amazon. I ordered it anyway, and was gonna wait for it, but after an agonizing day of seeing the Wheel Stand Pro's status being "Shipped" with no estimate of when the DFGT will also be shipped, I cancelled it and ordered a G27 instead. :) 👍

Though admittedly, I considered every other option before considering the G27... but alas, Fanatec doesn't ship to FPO addresses. And with the T500RS being over $550... as tempted as I was, I simply can't afford it right now.

Last edited:
Haven't purchased it just yet, but soon hopefully:

338750-mac-pro.jpg

And holy shiitake, I've never been so glad to be in the military. The config I want is $5,299... but with military discount, that goes down to $4,869. Not too shabby.

For the curious, this is the config:

3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon w/ 12 MB L3 cache (The higher-core upgrades are insanely pricey and sacrifice performance in situations that don't take advantage of multiple cores, whereas the 3.5 GHz 6-core isn't much more expensive than the 3.7 quad-core, nor is the clock speed much lower for those single-threaded apps)

12 GB RAM (I'm going with the cheapest option available, since I plan on upgrading this to 64 without paying Apple's insane $1200 upgrade price... no point in paying extra for RAM I'm just gonna end up replacing anyway)

1 TB PCIe flash (I learned my lesson about skimping in this regard when I purchased my Retina MBP with only 500 GB flash... just not enough, especially when dual-booting Windows)

Dual AMD FirePro D700's w/ 6 GB GDDR5 each (You'd be insane not to go with this option when you're dropping this kind of money on a computer, considering that the upgrade to this from the base option is only $900 despite the fact that the GPUs that these D700's essentially are, FirePro W9000s, go for about $4000 apiece)

Finished buying myself Christmas prezzies:
DSC00400.JPG

Two-person tent, jumbo-length sleeping bag, long self-inflating mat and a 132pc toolset. At regular retail price the whole lot would've set me back $870, but thanks to Christmas sales I only ended up having to pay $460. The inflating mat was 60% off its RRP of $220 and the tent was also 60% off its $250 RRP!

Time for a new HT reciever, giving the old Teac to a family member.

Marantz NR-1403, has everything I need including Audyssey MultEQ.

Just got mine.

Got the extra compactor with it. Also, I upgraded the CPU to the recycle unit.

That explains why your jokes are recycled, I suppose. :P

@Lain: Nice, what are you going to be making with it? You need some 4K displays too. :P

I'm gonna be doing some 3D rendering and video editing. Though I'm gonna be ultra broke after this, so it may be a while before I get my hands on some 4K displays unfortunately.

I'm gonna be doing some 3D rendering and video editing. Though I'm gonna be ultra broke after this, so it may be a while before I get my hands on some 4K displays unfortunately.

That should absolutely tear through renders, there's a video on MacRumors where a reviewer renders 18 effects on 4K RED footage in real time without any frame drops. I don't do anything that would justify the power of a Mac Pro (yet), still want one though!

I think Dell will be coming out with a few 'affordable' 4K displays next year (24" for roughly $1500), along with a 34" 21:9 display which will be 3.5K, which is the one I'm waiting for.

Last edited:
a5JIkaT.jpg

2 cashmere pullovers, the color pictued above & light grey. Usually 90€ a piece they were 30€ a piece plus the 2nd one was 50% off, so 45€ for both. Neat.

Back