Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,624 comments
Just ordered 300 bracelets for my Heart Walk team, to sell and raise money.

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's a bag of 100.

And some more cooking supplies.

image.jpg

A pound of vinegar powder, a pound of tomato powder, and free samples of Rainbow Charms marshmallows, cheddar cheese powder, lime juice powder, and cheezy ranch seasoning.

So, I kind of like Sharkleberry Fin Kool-Aid...a lot.

I took everything Walmart had on the shelf. That's 28 packs, enough to make 14 gallons (53 liters). That might get me through the summer, but I'm not sure.

Is it better than Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade?

Hundreds of dollars for plants, hundred of dollar for dirt, tens of dollars for cedar mulch and spray paint, 10 hours worth of work, a bit of blood and this is the result. Front yard:

image.jpg

Back yard:

image.jpg

No, I don't want to hear about sideways pics. I just want to camp out on my patio with a non-hops based adult beverage after a long weekend of work. :lol:

Is it better than Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade?
No, no, no, no, NO!!!

It is a mix of orange, strawberry, and banana. It was a popular flavor back when you still had baby teeth. It's discontinuation was a bit of a mystery back then, in the dark ages before the Internet allowed us to yell at companies with 140 characters. Kool-Aid had a huge number of mascot themed flavors that were blended flavors, like Rock-a-dile Red, Pink Swimmingo, and Purplesaurus Rex. Sharkleberry Fin was my favorite by far. I doesn't my summers at my cousin's pool drinking this stuff by the gallon.

But at some point all their mixed flavors were discontinued, except for Berry Blue, which became Ice Blue, and is now known as Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade. These flavors developed such a cult following that various homemade mixes of current flavors were posted online to try to emulate them. I guess Kool-Aid finally caught on, as many of them have returned this year.

Edit: Sharkleberry Fin even had its own special commercial apart from the usual Kool-Aid ads.

It's fintastic!

@TB Be careful leaving your house out the front door. That first step looks like a doozy.

I think I just went mad and bought these:

81392_5233174_8.96.jpg

Still waiting for them to arrive, but I've already tried them once and it feels like you're wearing cushions.

10401796_1451127198466492_1403252428_n.jpg

Another Camera shouldn't be a surprise, but I was extremely lucky to find that McLaren along with a Benneton for $10 at a flea market, and the Lotus model for $25.

I really hope I end up putting the thing together sometime. I still got like... 5 others that I haven't touched. Also found this and got extremely excited and had to instantly buy it.
10387800_239074709619229_1333100875_n.jpg

Tyler, The Creator's Wolf on Pink Vinyl.

Been wanting to paint my garage floor for 10+ years. The weather over memorial weekend was the PERFECT opportunity!! Here are the before and after pics. I still have other plans for the garage this year, so this is just the beginning. This was a lot of work but I am veru happy with the results.

Prep work required a lot of scrubbing, degreasing, etching, and washing. 1 stage epoxy so this will be easy to touch up in the future. Bought 2 gallons. Used 1 and 1/2 gallon. Paint still needs to dry for several more days before I can park on it.

IMG_20140524_124647.jpg

Paint can be tinted any color. Cleaner and etcher to remove grease.

IMG_20140524_123229.jpg

Dirty garage floor before....

IMG_20140526_081543.jpg
IMG_20140525_201803.jpg
IMG_20140525_191738.jpg

IMG_20140525_170515.jpg

Just something I love about the WRX peeking into the doorway. :D

Last edited:
New TV - LG 47LN549C 47" 1920x1080 IPS with built-in Freeview tuner, three HDMI inputs and USB playback to name but a few of its features. First TV I've personally owned :)

Unfortunately I only have a basic Sky service so the video source is 576i and not 720/1080p :(

DSC00764.JPG

BluePro-Ject_zps418fbdac.jpg

My new Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Turntable above and some of the vinyl I purchased along with it below.

Get yourself over to the Vinyl thread. I need to get a deck sorted out. What cartridge did you get? and are you using a separate phono stage?

Back