• 36,622 comments
Time to replenish supplies:

Proraso Aloe Vera Aftershave Balm
blue_aftershavebalm_1.jpg

50 Bic Chrome Platinum Blades

attachment.php

@Mike Rotch

From Mensbiz?
Did you also get a few Feathers or just sticking with the Bics?
Yep. I do like how postage is free for overnight delivery but they still give you the option to pay $10 for quicker delivery. Quicker how :lol:.

I've still got a few Feather's from my sample pack which I'll try over the weekend; they are not a job for a sleepy work morning shave given as you know they are up there on the sharpness scale. I can't see a reason to not continue with the Bics atm though, they do a very good job.

Yep. I do like how postage is free for overnight delivery but they still give you the option to pay $10 for quicker delivery. Quicker how :lol:.

Yeah, pretty sure they have a battalion of elves and pixies beavering away throughout the night to ensure swift delivery.
Rumour has it if you take up the $10 option one of said elves is waiting on your doorstep package in hand as you leave for work in the morning.

Got an Xbox One and Forza 5... not gonna say I wasted my money, but well... Forza 5 isn't that good. I mean Forza 4 was way better in almost every way and it's hard to justify the purchase. Oh well!

3912b0ec-07ef-42d9-918e-e8298033ff2d.png
I feel the exact same way. My brother has the X1 along with Forza 5 and most of the other games. I will just stick to F4. Still one of the best simulation racing games I have ever played. Hopefully you enjoy Titanfall. I highly recommend that for the X1, or even the 360. Fantastic game!

PS. I ordered some more goodies for my WRX. I will post pics in a week or two after I get all of them installed.

Last edited:
My PS3 slim died a couple of months ago, so I got myself a replacement that allows me to enjoy GT6 once again. (from the start, ugh....)

xl_Sony_PS3_SuperSlim_controll.jpg

And a 250GB HD because that goddamn thing comes with a 12GB flash, GT is around 15gb big.

mpyOI0t7AiikoRGYP7-zRgg.jpg

Test results the RAID 5 16TB(10.9TiB) set up

Sure using RAID 10 would have given me more speed, but i am after max storage and RAID 5 is n-1 while RAID 10 is n-2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalDiskMark 3.0.3 x64 (C) 2007-2013 hiyohiyo
Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]

Sequential Read : 255.159 MB/s
Sequential Write : 206.331 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 40.310 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 17.583 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 0.402 MB/s [ 98.1 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.163 MB/s [ 39.9 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 0.405 MB/s [ 98.9 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.168 MB/s [ 40.9 IOPS]

Test : 1000 MB [P: 30.0% (3351.9/11177.8 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2014/05/16 23:45:00
-------------------------------------

Indigo is apparently on a tear to close down all of their unique and cool locations in the city this year. Back in February, they closed down a store that was in an old theatre. World's Biggest Bookstore closed down the following month. The end of this month sees a location close down right below one of the main theatres in town, which doubled as my go-to spot for magazines and books. There are some massive sales to be had though, so long as you're patient and willing to dig. At least half off on everything, so I grabbed a few things:

cover_va_fashion_raf_simons_1310101556_id_632324.jpg

Every-Love-Story-Is-a-Ghost-Story-A-Life-of-David-Foster-.jpeg

morrissey-autobiography-540x540.jpeg

things_i_learned_install_1.jpg

the-modern-magazine-book-01.jpg

91mRZLgSxTS._UL1500_.jpg

Got some of them, what I think the kids call, "new kicks"
Those look quite similar to the shoes I am wearing. I have Nike Air Max Torch 3 and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn in my life. What exactly are those shoes you just purchased? I like them a lot and have been looking for another pair. Plus the blue would match my WRX. :D
EDIT. I think I found them.....Saucony jazz 13.
EDIT 2. I liked the shoes you posted so much, I just bought a pair off ebay. Now that's impulse buying. :D :lol:
Untitled.png

Last edited:
2x Swiss STG57 bayonets. I don't have a Swiss Sturmgewehr 57 but those bayonets were 13 euros a piece which is insanely outrageously cheap for a high quality blade like this. I should have bought 10.

swiss.jpg

Those look quite similar to the shoes I am wearing. I have Nike Air Max Torch 3 and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn in my life. What exactly are those shoes you just purchased? I like them a lot and have been looking for another pair. Plus the blue would match my WRX. :D
EDIT. I think I found them.....Saucony jazz 13.
EDIT 2. I liked the shoes you posted so much, I just bought a pair off ebay. Now that's impulse buying. :D :lol:
View attachment 157076
You're probably going to have to return them, I'm afraid. They run a full size too small. I normally wear 10s and I had to get 11s.

Most comfortable shoes I've ever had, though. Makes those Under Armours I spent $80 in October feel like walking on planks.

Last edited:
Picked up a cheap record box to store my newly acquired vinyl. £20 not too bad.

image.jpg

Best bit is inside...

Rave Tapes special boxset from Mogwai.

mogwai.jpg

Not my pic.

Last edited:
NiTfgo7.jpg

10 bags of Scott's Sierra Red mulch
Scott's Weed & Feed
Small bag of Scott's peat moss & top soil
Grass seed
Weed killer
A garden rake
A spreader to throw most of it around

There's something rather enjoyable about working on your lawn I'm finding, also I love how the guy at Lowe's couldn't believe I fit all that stuff in the back of my car. God bless those crafty Swedes and their engineering.

@Joey D you can't beat a bit of gardening. Plus getting that perfect lawn can be addictive, so I've been told.

Mendards has a big Memorial
NiTfgo7.jpg

10 bags of Scott's Sierra Red mulch
Scott's Weed & Feed
Small bag of Scott's peat moss & top soil
Grass seed
Weed killer
A garden rake
A spreader to throw most of it around

There's something rather enjoyable about working on your lawn I'm finding, also I love how the guy at Lowe's couldn't believe I fit all that stuff in the back of my car. God bless those crafty Swedes and their engineering.

Pretty much exactly what I bought today, minus the mulch. I bought 2 spreaders though (drop & broadcast) since they were on sale.

I'm jelly. I had to settle for the lossless preorder a while back. Surprised those are still in stock

They're not I just happened upon it. I know Amazon still have some in stock though but I got it £10 cheaper than them.

My normal vinyl guy couldn't get hold of it from the label as it's not in production now, just the standard vinyl.

@Mike Rotch I didn't realise you played golf.
I'd imagine you have the opposite trouble to me when getting the shaft lengths correct.
Yea, played off a 22 before I arrived in Sydney, then pretty much stopped due to lack of car/ playing partners. Just started playing again. My clubs are lengthened, yep, which is probably why I've never replaced them as nobody will buy them :lol:

Do you play (thinks about Melbourne golfing trip...)?

Back