Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,622 comments
Bought a moped for my father's birthday.

vignette-produits-56_zps35aa5309.jpg

4x4TB Western Digital Red HDDs.
Each is $239
Postage is $20
Insurance is $20
Total: $996

A huge purchase

Need them to add to my Hotway 4 bay RAID enclosure.
Will most likely use RAID 5.
Which will give me 12TB.

I understand the RAID, but why do people need so much space?

Just got in from mowing the lawn with this dude:

Cub-Cadet-SC-500-hw.png

160cc of RWD self propelled goodness with, and I quote Cub Cadet here, "best inclass handling". Looks like I got the BMW of lawnmowers :lol:

I'd love that amount of space or more. I have a large iTunes library but I'm currently doing it over into FLAC from my CDs. I have around 300 so they average around 120MB per album at MP3 some more as they were either bought at 320kbps or I've ripped them at that. Now FLAC versions are around 400 to 600MB for music.

I also have huge DVD library I'm converting with around 500 discs taking up 4GB per disc. Then I want to start on my Blu-rays which I have around 300 discs they can take up to 30 / 50GB per disc.

So if I want to digitise my whole media library I need huge space, the I've got GBs of photos and I also dabble in music production so my samples and songs take up space. I recon I need about 30TB or more.

41jtad76ywL._SY300_.jpg

New mouse, desperately needed. Haven't arrived yet though, guess I'll have to live with a broken left-click. /firstworldproblems

Went to the local Farmer's market and got some tomato and herb plants to start my garden.

Basil, Sage, Cilantro, and Oregano. I still need thyme, and Id like a couple more basil plants.

image.jpg

Two Roma tomato and two early girl tomato plants.

image.jpg

I'd love that amount of space or more. I have a large iTunes library but I'm currently doing it over into FLAC from my CDs. I have around 300 so they average around 120MB per album at MP3 some more as they were either bought at 320kbps or I've ripped them at that. Now FLAC versions are around 400 to 600MB for music.

I also have huge DVD library I'm converting with around 500 discs taking up 4GB per disc. Then I want to start on my Blu-rays which I have around 300 discs they can take up to 30 / 50GB per disc.

So if I want to digitise my whole media library I need huge space, the I've got GBs of photos and I also dabble in music production so my samples and songs take up space. I recon I need about 30TB or more.
So i never have to worry about space.

12.jpg

Installed them the day they came.

Ah, didn't realize bluray took up that much space.

Are you using exact audio copy?
I found it to be simple to use giving great results.

I'm on Mac, so I'm using XLD at the moment. It's easy and does checks against a database to make sure you get a bit for bit rip. This way my CDs can go back into storage and I can just use a HDD plugged into my amp.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:
Some pedals, because I can't cycle round on half and half pedals and not look like a twit on my current bike :lol:

Time Xpresso 6's because I'm slightly short of funds. Local bike shop of course.

Time-Xpresso-6-Pedal-900x562.jpg

I finally decided to bite the bullet and I bought a brand new furnace and also had a brand new central air unit installed. It was expensive but well worth the purchase. My previous furnace was 30 years old with several problems. I have never had central air in this house. So this is just such a wonderful upgrade. :D

Also bought a few goodies for the yard.

IMG_20140506_175008.jpg

This stuff works great for killing any crab grass that tries to grow.

IMG_20140506_180813.jpg

This weed wacker / edger works very well! I have tried several different designs and I like this one the most. Spent the entire weekend outside. It was so beautiful. Bought 5 gallons of paint so I can start painting the basement walls.

IMG_20140503_083344.jpg

Also bought and installed a Kartboy short throw shifter with new poly bushings, oil change, and new alternator belt in my WRX.

DUST.png

Bought these microfiber dusters to help keep the dust down. They can be washed once they get too dirty. I don't have much dust, but these help to remove it quite quickly. The dust sticks to these like a magnet!

Last edited:

If you're handling a-lot of raw media files then it's going to be needed. I have to delete some of my 1080p videos and a-lot of my raw image files are taken off because I only have 300+GB. I've been thinking of a RAID for a new PC I may build if I can.

Got an Xbox One and Forza 5... not gonna say I wasted my money, but well... Forza 5 isn't that good. I mean Forza 4 was way better in almost every way and it's hard to justify the purchase. Oh well!

3912b0ec-07ef-42d9-918e-e8298033ff2d.png

Just purchased both of these, I'm so excited for the World Cup! I've been searching for a Tim Howard jersey for months for my collection, and WorldSoccerShop finally put one up for sale. I almost pulled the trigger on a kit the other day, so I'm super glad I held off and this one popped up (I was always going to get the red one, just waited for the provisional roster to come out today):

watermarked_thumbnail.aspx

I also got this in the package, it was $3 and didn't increase the shipping cost so why not get it for my car?

Then, I realized I needed a sticker for the other corner of my back windshield so I got this. I love Dave Matthews Band (I'm following him for a week this summer) and I find this logo extremely cool.

41ZR0L4rjQL.jpg

Last night I bought "Super Mario 3" and "Super Mario: Lost Levels" on my 3DS XL on the eShop.

Photo of one of the games, I took with my other 3DS Flame Red

Picture010_zps4af6d2be.jpg

Last edited:
Back