Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,622 comments
Finally picked up F1:CE after I don't know how many years of wanting it (anywhere between 5 and 7) and some peach rings.

Disregard game, there are peach rings.

Royal is having a tent sale, and I had to buy new boots. (The old ones are literally falling apart.)

2012-Thor-Motocross-Ratchet-Boots-Black634342185032653357.jpg

Thor Ratchet in black.

Price was great and it reviewed well.
Still need to pick up some new gloves and goggles as well.

img_20140419_163915-jpg.145256

img_20140412_232549-jpg.145266

Whew my list of latest purchases is quite long over the last month.
You can see all the detailed info including 50+ pics here.

Here is just a basic breakdown.
-Entertainment center with a LOT of customization
-Blue led rope lighting
-Custom glass table with custom legs
-Hdmi Cables
-Optical cables
-80mm Fans for cooling
-Filters for dust filtration for the fans
-3" Hole saw
-Microfiber Ottoman with storage
-Casters for ottoman
-Wireless mouse
-Wireless keyboard
-A variety of microfiber dusters (I always try to keep my house as clean as possible)
-New vacuum filters
and much more...

Also purchased a few goodies for my 04 WRX.

And purchased Titanfall for the 360.

Last edited:
Good choice to spend your money. 👍
So you have to replace your avatar, too!?

Guess so! :D

TB
Either you've never bought a house or that's worth more than your house!

Nope, have never bought into the obsession with saddling yourself with a millstone made of bricks and mortar that your kids will fight over once you're dead! :lol:

Moving at the beginning of the month saw me cut my remaining CD collection to a fraction, but the plus side is I've got a record player to fiddle with now. Figured I might as well start the vinyl collection:

ACH003453070.1391806515.580x580.jpg

Saw them when they rolled through town on Tuesday, and picked this up at the show. Even got Keith and Chris to sign it.

So this happened this week:

image.jpg

A pair of Cerwin Vega DX5s. I found them on craigslist and it turned out that I work with the guy selling them. :lol:

Moving at the beginning of the month saw me cut my remaining CD collection to a fraction, but the plus side is I've got a record player to fiddle with now. Figured I might as well start the vinyl collection:

Saw them when they rolled through town on Tuesday, and picked this up at the show. Even got Keith and Chris to sign it.

So we'll see you lurking in the GTP Vinyl thread then? I've also started down the path of a vinyl collection.

Edit -

Bought some goodies

IS299787-01-01-BIG.jpg

Carbon Fiber brush for vinyl cleaning...

MicrotexFKN15LFKW_8860.jpg

lint free gloves for vinyl handling...

50 450 gram plastic record sleeves...

15680.jpg

cypress hill IV on CD

the_hunger_games_the_hunger_games_catching_fire_bluray_uv_copy_raw.jpg

hunger games 1 & 2 BD for my partner.

Last edited:
They say that money can't buy happiness.

I disagree.

20140427_221845.jpg

This is happiness, a 2008 KTM 200 XC-W.

I have been looking for one of these for months now, and when this popped up in Toronto, I manged to snag it before all the others. (And there were others.)

The KTM XC series is a range of endurocross bikes designed for racing through woods and trails. It's based on a motocross bike, with changes in the engine and suspension for the different conditions.
The "W" indicates woods, a shorter 1st gear, and taller 5th and 6th, plus a non-linkage rear suspension and different forks.

2 strokes still rule the woods due to their light weight, and the 200 is one of the lightest models you can buy. Weighing in at just under 210 pounds, it's a full 30lbs lighter than the previous bike. (CRF230F) and it sure feels like it.

The 300 does have more low end power, but it also weighs a bit more, and wears you out quicker because of the sheer power.
This bike has a 12oz flywheel weight, FMF Gnarly pipe, and Slavens cylinder porting.
Put it all together and it has an incredibly strong and smooth bottom end.
(It even has a button to change the ignition map over to one for extremely slippery conditions. : D )

The guy who I bought it off of couldn't be a better example of who you'd want to buy a bike from.
We talked for over an hour about bikes and car racing, and he gave me an amazing deal on the bike.
He gave me a ton of extras as well, a light, carbon fibre pipe guard, bark busters, new top end, new brake pads, and a couple of other smaller items.

This is literally the perfect bike for me and my needs, I could not be happier with it.

More pics.

20140427_221944.jpg

20140427_221920.jpg

This also means that the 230 is up for sale.;)

Posted this in the Comic book Collector's Thread:

Bumping this thread as I was able to find the Adventure time #25 (the Nirvana parody cover) for a reasonable price, and it arrived today as I was about to step out to university.
It was also bundled with issue #5 of Black Science (if anyone has read that series please let me know what it's like):

$_57.JPG

Edit: Two more comics arrived today as well:
The one in the middle is a special edition of Adventure Time Issue #14 (limited to 500 copies, same as the Nirvana cover :D), whilst the one on the right is Adventure Time Issue #9 cover C

View attachment 149469

Edit: Updated the quote

the_hunger_games_the_hunger_games_catching_fire_bluray_uv_copy_raw.jpg

hunger games 1 & 2 BD for my partner.

Only saw Catching Fire very recently-and I can't wait for the sequel (as things only get more intense)
Also love the song Coldplay made specifically for the film-'Atlas'

Last edited:
Ok resistance was futile, I lasted about a week.
For the new bike frame.

gs.jpg

Ultegra 6800 groupset, done the maths and figured after selling off the old frame and current groupset I should be out of pocket around $200-$300. I can live with that.

Also.

0006118_fizik_antares_kium_saddle_0.jpeg

Saddle, purely for vanity reasons as I have one the same but in black and red. Needs the white to match the new bike. :embarrassed:
Found it on Gumtree and the guy decided after only around 100km he wasn't going to get along with it. I'll sell my current one and the colour change should only cost me around $20.

That's it I've promised myself no more for the bike, well apart from maintenance stuff.

That's it I've promised myself no more for the bike, well apart from maintenance stuff.
Challenge to see who can hold out longer - you with bike gear (besides maintenance stuff, I'll give you that one) and me with theater room (or audio/video in general) gear. :lol:

TB
Challenge to see who can hold out longer - you with bike gear (besides maintenance stuff, I'll give you that one) and me with theater room (or audio/video in general) gear. :lol:

@TB Accepted, might not be a very long challenge though. :lol:

You guys are high-rollers (in terms of spending) in comparison to my purchases of gaming, literature and other items... :indiff:

You guys are highrollers (in terms of spending) in comparison to my purchases of gaming, literature and other items... :indiff:
I'm going to take a stab that @Shaun and I probably have more income, and bills, sadly, than you, too, to facilitate such expenditures.

TB
I'm going to take a stab that @Shaun and I probably have more income, and bills, sadly, than you, too, to facilitate such expenditures.

I did put student under occupation so you are right :lol:

btw your purchases are sweet (and Shaun's) :)

Last edited:
TB
and bills, sadly,

Absolutely, all my purchases for myself are with my play money once the said bills are out of the way.
Besides a couple of years ago the play money would have been going towards beer, much better this way IMO. It's changed my life for the better.

Absolutely, all my purchases for myself are with my play money once the said bills are out of the way.
Besides a couple of years ago the play money would have been going towards beer, much better this way IMO. It's changed my life for the better.

And your play money is spent on a more 'long-term' purchase too :)

Jimmy Page is remastering and re-releasing the first three Led Zeppelin albums this year. They come out in June and I've pre-ordered and paid them off. Led Zeppelin I includes a second disc that is a live concert in Paris from '69 that is previously unreleased. I can't wait for these to release and I hope Pagey does the rest of Zeppelin's albums too.

81De9g5zviL._SL1500_.jpg 817Joco8aSL._SL1500_.jpg 91ZOCKil9jL._SL1500_.jpg

Back