Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,622 comments
image.jpg

Picked some music...

Went to my local record store but couldn't get the RSD vinyl I wanted :( but did pick these up.

Also bought some solid Oak boards to do this...

image.jpg

Suspended top plate on my speaker stands. The've elivated the base and warmed up the sound slightly. The 685s sound a little harsh on rock but now sound outstanding with what ever I throw at them.

I've also picked up some 10mm heatshrink tubing for the speaker cable ends, just so they look a little tidier.

Edit: Wire cut down and terminated properly.

image.jpg

Last edited:
@Sprite didn't choose to bi-wire the speakers? Sorry can't remember your receiver so not sure if it can.

It's a AV receiver by Yamaha. Unfortunately I can't bi-wire them, but I may be able to bi-amp them by using the Amps additional speaker outputs. I may try that another day though.

I'm not using the plates from the speakers, I've cut small runs of speaker cable (same as used from amp to speaker) and run that from the HF to LF at the back.

Ala this...

image.jpg

What model number is the receiver?
If it's 7.1 and you're only running 5.1 you should be good to go with the bi-wire set up.

I found it makes a difference with the highs on my 685's.

Edit: Rxv-675 correct?
Unless you are indeed running 7.1 you should be able to use the two spare channels, check the manual. Just something to think about thats all.

Last edited:
It's the 7.1 Yamaha 675.

image.jpg

It has the Bi-amp output on the back. I've found the highs on the S2 to be just spot on so far, especially for classical and Jazz but they sounded a tad bright on heavy rock but the new Oak boards have sorted that.

Ohh and I'm only running 2.0 at the moment with a view for 600 series 5.1 setup in the future.

I technically didn't buy this today, nor did I actually pay for it (my parents did), but I got this delivered today:

image.jpg

LG G Pad 8.3!

First impressions, it's a pretty decent device! Although, it got quite confusing, as I hadn't used an Android device for so long; as you can clearly see by my portfolio of other devices that were on the table.

dwpECKd.jpg

The GranStand cockpit, all together (with a Logitech G25/G27 shifter mount that I will put my TH8 RS on, + shipping) was ~$550. From reviews I've seen it's worth it. GranStand Bill and Logitech G27 are not included.

-And-

T500BMK2.jpg

The Basherboards T500 RS brake mod, made by mrbasher, for just $20.

Unboxed Playstation 2 Slim,

569944_0_original.jpg

8mb Memory Card

PS2-8MB-Mem-Card.jpg

and Need for Speed Underground 2.
spill_need_for_speed_underground_2_2004_ps2_1.jpg

This in total costs me £43, less than the cost of most PS4 games :crazy:.

I'm going to go on a huge nostalgia trip with the PS2 when it get's here. Also, I saw Getaway Black Monday on sale for £1.50 the other day, so that will soon be another purchase:D. The whole bundle should arrive before the end of the week, and I feel like a kid on Christmas eve :lol:.

Kanger Protank 3 A clear, red (both pictured) and a blue tank. The clear tank had the new atomizer heads and the colored tanks did not. So, I complained and they are sending me new style heads, which are a lot better, for free.

OHYsfiM.jpg

Bought this off ebay for about 20 bucks:

$(KGrHqR,!rYFIvS6W19nBSPes2rEjg~~60_57.JPG

The contents include:
Mousepad (I needed a replacement, and this looked pretty cool):

DSC04447.JPG

3D Lenticular sleeve (written in Polish, which doesn't matter much to me since I can't find it anywhere in English):

DSC04449.JPG

Steelbook (the main reason why I purchased this, because its probably one of the best looking steelbooks I've seen):

DSC04444.JPG

Even the inside looks awesome:

DSC04446.JPG

It did come with the game, but didn't come with any activation codes :indiff:. Thus, this merely is for aesthetic purposes only.
If I find a cheap Simcity activation code, i'll probably get it-especially since the game has apparently improved significantly in terms of stability, bugs and crashes (although the issue with city sizes has not been resolved as of yet :grumpy:)

Just to glorify old GT5 days and to complete my collection. Was worth 30 Euro bucks. Total bargain because it came in very good condition with complete content (SLS AMG model, wallet, keyring, USB-stick, APEX book, art book, expired codes and the game inside the shiny black metal box in outer white cardbox).

Picked up a few more records today...

RSD release of The Levellers - Carry Me EP Number 128 of 1100.

image.jpg

Also picked up Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here.

Back