Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,678 comments
TB
You had me looking into FiOS yesterday. Shocker, not available here.

*really hopes the Dakota Fiber Initiative goes through...*

Lobby all of the things, get fiber optic interwebs!

Lobby all of the things, get fiber optic interwebs!
On the plus side, if it goes through they're planning on starting with Fargo. :dopey:

Unfortunately they'll start downtown, which, naturally, I'm nowhere near. :irked:

TB
On the plus side, if it goes through they're planning on starting with Fargo. :dopey:

Unfortunately they'll start downtown, which, naturally, I'm nowhere near. :irked:

Something new, whatever it may be, always seems to start or is built somewhere out of your immediate range. I hate that. :grumpy:

If the situation turns out anything like mine, you'll find your service has been cut (whether it be because of a late-paid bill or something else) and when it's turned back on your phone will have no dial tone, and when you call to have it rectified you'll be told a technician is coming out - three times.

The technician will never come and when you call to find out why you'll be told it's a problem on their end (why you weren't told this before is of no concern to you as you'll be too busy cursing everything to high hell), and when the actual appointment is set it'll be to upgrade both your phone service and internet.

:lol:

So I bought this Monday on Amazon for a really great price!

logitech-g27-racing-wheel-review.jpg

It is supposed to come today... I can't wait!

Great wheel. Ditch the shifter almost immediately.

It isn't horribly by any means but the fact that there's no proper h-gate template means you're going to (it's not a possibility, it will happen) go from 2nd to 4th, or 4th to 6th in the heat of the moment and it's going to annoy the everliving out of you.

Great wheel. Ditch the shifter almost immediately.

It isn't horribly by any means but the fact that there's no proper h-gate template means you're going to (it's not a possibility, it will happen) go from 2nd to 4th, or 4th to 6th in the heat of the moment and it's going to annoy the everliving out of you.
Alright :) If I were to upgrade, would it be the TH500 RS shifter?

Alright :) If I were to upgrade, would it be the TH500 RS shifter?

Yep. I still haven't bought one and I have absolutely no idea why. Glutton for punishment I suppose.

I wish the G27 didn't remove the sequential switch. That was the one thing keeping me from buying it for all these years.

I still don't understand why that decision was made. Was it to cut down on costs? To save plastic materials? Was there a tradeoff between that and the 4 additional buttons on the wheel rim?

Yep. I still haven't bought one and I have absolutely no idea why. Glutton for punishment I suppose.

I still don't understand why that decision was made. Was it to cut down on costs? To save plastic materials? Was there a tradeoff between that and the 4 additional buttons on the wheel rim?
I will have to get a keyboard... The reason is the typing buttons are on the shifter! That is an odd place to type

@Terronium-12 I haven't gone from 2nd to 4th or 4th to 6th with it.
However, I go 2nd to 5th and 3rd to 6th a fair amount.

Poor example on my behalf, but it illustrates the same thing - it needs an h-gate template to be of any real use, otherwise Charlie's going to be doing what we're doing. :lol:

A trip to the Farmers Market. My garden has only yielded a couple of small tomatoes, so we needed some stuff.

Banana peppers (for pickling), cayenne peppers (for hot sauce [screw Frank] and using that to then make buffalo wing sauce), two Marconi peppers, a purple and a yellow bell pepper, squash, zucchini, eggplants, and tomatoes.

image.jpg

Here it is! Some rig mods had to be done... :P
image.jpg

Shifter mount :P
image.jpg

It turns out if you push the brace way to the front, G27 pedals will fit DFGT WSP's
image.jpg

Am I satisfied? YES! It is a whole league above the DFGT. It is better built and is quieter. The shifter on shifting does slip a bit, but it is still epic! I would totally revoked this! It is a shame Logitech is pulling out of the wheel market. :(

My wife bought 4 $90 tickets to Paul McCartney for $250 and the kids have now experienced their first concert. Bored out of their minds until Live and Let Die started and there were fireballs and other assorted pyro goodies going off. :lol:

Ok, so we went to Gatlinburg, TN over the weekend, and as it is a place designed to suck every penny from your wallet, I have purchases.

Damn straight! :dopey:

Taffy and candy sticks.

Not sure what was in the bag, but every time I go there, my dad makes sure he walks out of that store with taffy and sticks.

I shoulda crashed your party...

@Charlie A Just wait until you upgrade to a T500RS or a Fanatec CSW, you'll be amazed at the difference. I may only have had 30 minutes on a G27, but I know a T500RS and CSW are in a whole 'nother league.

Last edited:
About $200.00 worth of more garage stuff. I almost have everything I need to finish this project.

• Box of nails for nail gun
  • A different box of nails for siding
  • 20 pieces of siding
  • Spray foam
  • about 20 Joist brackets
  • Leveling string
  • (4) 1"x4" trim boards

IMG_20140712_145335.jpg

IMG_20140712_145330.jpg

IMG_20140712_145340.jpg

91x43IrQtFL._SL1500_.jpg

I completely forgot until last night that I wanted to buy this since Funi announced it a couple years ago. Now it can go in with the 2001 and 2007 box sets that I already had.

61y3W3KYBQL._SL1300_.jpg

And I didn't, strictly speaking, need that, but the ones I have to use at work are horrible so screw it.

Back