Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,678 comments
TBK_0.jpg

A ticket for the Black Keys 'Turn Blue' world tour :D.

more Wax ordered...

Four Tet (Fourtet) - Beautiful Rewind Remixes (limited Ed)
Geinoh Yamashirogumi - Akira - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2LP reissue
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon OST By Power Glove
Deru - 1979

Technically no (ITC is the only one), but I have wanted to play the earlier games for a while; its just I keep forgetting to look for them when out shopping. I used to have ITC years ago, but got desperate for cash which (along with being stuck on a later part of the game) was enough reason for me to get rid of it. I still had my save file, so I thought 'eh, might as well'. I bought it for the same price I sold it for - which, incidentally was the same price I bought it for the first time around.

My friend got me into buying cheap film. 7 rolls for $10.99!

$_57.JPG

Did I mention that it's awesomely expired?

Here is what I got.

2x Kodak Max 800 ISO

2x Scotch 100 ISO 24

1x Select 400 ISO 24

Walmart Polaroid 200 ISO 24

Moto photo 200 ISO 24

Currently looking for a beater classic. Probably a Minolta SRT 101-102. I already have one but I'm giving it to a friend.

Maybe one of these.

$_57.JPG

Nice! Is that an A&A kit? How much boost are you planning on running? What other mods do you have?
That it is! I currently have a comp cams custom grind cam in the car and some exhaust work. She's making 410rwhp currently.

I saw those on sale, people were running their mouths and saying that if you want something like a point and shoot don't buy it. What do you think?

Definitely not a camera for those who aren't serious about video. The standard sensor is a 3.0x crop (compared to full frame so getting wide is very hard (and expensive) for most people, the Speed Booster I bought is as much as the camera itself - it's amazing though, I saved money in the long run as I have a bag full of Nikon lenses - and it brings you up to 1.75x crop and +1 2/3 stops of aperture (my 35/1.8 becomes a 20/1.0). There's no auto exposure functionality, no auto white balance, and even then the white balance increments are too far apart. The battery life is terrible (about an hour). The codec it records in is pretty heavy and overkill for most point and shoot stuff (it's ProRes 422 from Proxy up to HQ, and there's also RAW too). You need big, fast SD cards - a 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro fills up in 1hr with the 'middle' ProRes 422 setting (which is still way above most DSLR video), RAW is about 16mins.

Having said all that though, the image quality is just fantastic. ProRes holds up so well in post and the dynamic range is huge. For point and shoot stuff I have a GoPro or my iPhone, but the Blackmagic will definitely have a place in my bag if I have video in mind.

Here's what the Pocket cam + Speed Booster is capable of in the right hands:

And another (with a $$$ anamorphic lens attached):

Last edited:
I ordered 3 pairs of headphones on Amazon, because WHY NOT???

From least to most expensive:

Onkyo IE-FC300
71wToJKVlvL._SL1500_.jpg

Sony MDR-1R
pSNYNA-MDR1R_main_v500.png

PSB M4U-1
1_N.jpg

Back