Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,677 comments
img28218_zps8121f34e.jpg

Bought our first house! Just went unconditional, its unfinished obviously but it's due for completion early next month..

@Punknoodle I like it, its more garage than house, unless thats going to be a window and itsnt a garage door.
I like me a good garage :) That's the garage door, its a 6mx6m garage which is pretty standard for a new house. Enough room for 2 cars, a work bench and my sim racing setup at a squeeze. There is plenty of land and size access down both sides so I'm laying a small pad out the back too and building a small shed for the kids bikes etc so that the garage can stay relatively clear. Also painting the floor as all internal concrete should be sealed because of spills and dust.

It's a spec home so it has a pretty basic electrical layout so I'll start upgrading that pretty much straight away whenever I have some spare time, change to all LED downlights etc.

Christmas gift for my parents. I don't know if they will wait over a month to open it but i'll wrap it and put it in their possession :lol:
yas.png

*not exactly a impulse buy, I've been talking with them for a year now if they wanted to get some kind of system for our living room

I don't think that it has ever occurred to me that people in other countries have to actually buy House of Cards.

Now that I think about all the great new content that has been created by our streaming services now I realize there is a lot of stuff people overseas might not get to see.

I don't think that it has ever occurred to me that people in other countries have to actually buy House of Cards.
They don't sell boxsets in the US? Who knew.

j/k

We have satellite channels here too, just like 'Murica.

Edit:

Some stuffs:

$T2eC16NHJGwE9n)ySf7TBQPI,pmbP!~~60_35.JPG

Sensor Cleaning kit
productimage_7726.jpg

Last edited:
They don't sell boxsets in the US? Who knew.

j/k

We have satellite channels here too, just like 'Murica.
It's not a cable network show here. It's produced by Netflix. If you have Netflix you always have full access to every episode at no additional charge. To me House of Cards is just three clicks of my remote away after I turn on my PlayStation.

The concept of buying the DVDs just doesn't occur to me because it is just there, along with a few dozen shows and specials between Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. I watched Doug Benson's new stand up special, produced by Netflix, just the other night. In the past month I've watched specials for Jim Jeffries and Jay Mohr as well.

I'm so used to the idea of TV playing overseas that I didn't think that the streaming network productions need to buy air time or sell DVDs to be seen internationally.

image.jpg

Given that is my net speed and the fact we don't have those streaming things in aus, due to our net being worse than third world countries, there's only two options.

A. Pirate it.
B. Buy it.

I decided to buy it. Haven't ever seen any episodes but from what I've read it sounds damn good.

Given that is my net speed and the fact we don't have those streaming things in aus, due to our net being worse than third world countries, there's only two options.

A. Pirate it.
B. Buy it.

I decided to buy it. Haven't ever seen any episodes but from what I've read it sounds damn good.
Those speeds would be more than enough for our streaming services here. You might occasionally get a bit of buffering, but they are smart enough to evaluate your connection speed and upgrade/downgrade your quality as necessary. Once we broke 3mbps we were able to get occasional HD streams without much issue. Now that we are up to 10mbps (lowest speed available) we always get HD.

Here the purpose of the show is to draw new subscribers to Netflix. I wasn't even aware they old them on a physical format. It isn't advertised. Looking on Amazon, the MSRP is also ridiculously high compared to other premium shows.

And it is good. The first season was a bit slower than the second due to meeting all these new characters, but I think from a critical perspective it might be better. The second season just shoves the brutality of the characters in front of you without warning from the beginning. Even though it is labeled as separate seasons it really is just one large story. The episodes are titled chapters and they just keep counting chapter numbers into the second season, so don't try skipping ahead. In fact, sitting through a slower episode can show you something that is very important later on.

Not much to show off. I just want to show my new "tool" I got yesterday afternoon.

DSCN4134_zps51d2128a.jpg

DSCN4135_zpse86a8254.jpg

DSCN4136_zps3a500b0f.jpg

Ofcourse, nobody knows what it is. :D

@kikie - Looks like a tension rod center hole expander to me. ;)

Got a new padded bed liner for the truck made by Bedrug. This will be great when hauling gear and easy on the knees when climbing around back there. Install was pretty straight forward. If it holds up as good as it has for everyone else who has reviewed this product, it should be exactly what I was looking for.

bedrug.jpg

Not much to show off. I just want to show my new "tool" I got yesterday afternoon.

DSCN4134_zps51d2128a.jpg

DSCN4135_zpse86a8254.jpg

DSCN4136_zps3a500b0f.jpg

Ofcourse, nobody knows what it is. :D

Oil filter remover?

@Pako is it easy to remove if you need to throw some real dirty stuff in there?

@kikie - Looks like a tension rod center hole expander to me. ;)

Got a new padded bed liner for the truck made by Bedrug. This will be great when hauling gear and easy on the knees when climbing around back there. Install was pretty straight forward. If it holds up as good as it has for everyone else who has reviewed this product, it should be exactly what I was looking for.

View attachment 256040
It looks comfy. You could sleep in it.

@Pako is it easy to remove if you need to throw some real dirty stuff in there?

It's velcroed in but it's really not designed for removal. From what I've seen, it's pretty durable stuff where they show shoveling dirt from it and just hosing it off. When my dad says it's too nice to haul dirt and gravel and what will I do, my reply is, "that's what your truck is for!" :) But seriously, I doubt I'll be hauling any gravel or dirt anytime soon. If I do, it hoses out easy enough.

It looks comfy. You could sleep in it.

It actually is pretty comfy. The bottom side is made out of a foam, life vest, kind of material. Throw a sleeping bag down and you'd be set.

It's velcroed in but it's really not designed for removal. From what I've seen, it's pretty durable stuff where they show shoveling dirt from it and just hosing it off. When my dad says it's too nice to haul dirt and gravel and what will I do, my reply is, "that's what your truck is for!" :) But seriously, I doubt I'll be hauling any gravel or dirt anytime soon. If I do, it hoses out easy enough.

It actually is pretty comfy. The bottom side is made out of a foam, life vest, kind of material. Throw a sleeping bag down and you'd be set.
Do you plan on putting a camper top on it?
Never heard of this before, looks pretty cool. Wouldn't think it would be easy to clean out dry off (the pic makes me think of carpet) but your last couple posts reject my thought.

Okami_PS2_Box_Front_T.jpg

Regarded as one of the best PS2 games ever made, shame that it didn't get the sales it deserved as it was released right before the PS3 came out.

Back