Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,680 comments
Had to fix the computer, because the hard drive failed (windows failed to load from C: disk), and the old monitor went out.

•Samsung 1TB SSD
image.jpg

•24" OLED Samsung Monitor
image.jpg

314c3fa1bf068c656202180d15560881.png

this was painful to buy tbh.

No i7? I do like the Coolermaster 212 EVO. It was somewhat confusing to install until I realized I had to move the screws into the middle hole for my board. I also used a Gigabyte board, but I just got the H97 instead of the Z97, don't need the overclocking stuff. Good you got EVGA PSU, I originally had an FSP that was incompatible with my board, exchanged it for a Rosewill.

Good luck.

My copy of '14 arrived and I have no idea what the heck I'm doing. I just need more time playing it.

What's new in '15? Just team rosters?
Surprisingly, there's a lot of 'upgrades' and a few very welcomed additions such as real world items in the game, year-to-year saves, and basically all the modes Ew revamped and improved.

I'm still installing it so I haven't been able to play yet. I didn't have last year's version.
I've always enjoyed the game, and I bet you will too if you had just started playing for the first time. Baseball, being my sport, it can get aaddictive at times.

Just pre-Ordered the Sideshow Collectables version of Little Groot for my partner as she fell in love with him in the film.

image.jpg

Lutron Maestro occupancy sensor switch

ow4JXgC.jpg

My son can remember what he ate for school lunch his third day of kindergarten but can't remember to turn off the outside light when he lets the dogs out. Rather than complain that they were left on again, spending the $20 and 5 minutes to replace the switch was easier.

Telescoping 11 foot light bulb pole
ibe71QS.jpg

My living room ceiling is 15 feet at the peak and my garage is 13 so it was either buy a new ladder for $200 so I can change the light bulbs or spend $20 on this. I replaced a bulb that was burned out in the garage in a matter of minutes without having to touch the ladder or even move my wife's car out of the way. I'm sold. This thing rocks.

Moto X 1st Generation

motox-1st-gen.jpg

I recently purchased the Moto G 2nd Generation, but I started to get fed up with its 1GB of ram and somewhat bad battery life. This phone is perfect in the hands, ergonomics are great. Battery life is better due to the smaller screen and AMOLED display. Much faster processing even though it's dual core.

Sorry, I'm just much more happier with this purchase over the Moto G. Also to mention, I got the Moto X at the same price as the Moto G; sending the Moto G back soon.

Nice buy. 👍
What lenses are you looking at getting?
Currently, I'm looking at Sigma, though I'm not sure if I'm doing really expensive on lenses. Honestly, prime lenses are great and sharp. If you get the older ones, they're built extremely well.

So, with that, I may pick up a couple of primes in different focal lengths. I dropped my F2 film camera on its lens (thank god on the lens) and it bent the threading all out of wack. So I'm going to replace that and get a 50mm.. And maybe I'll get something else if I have bucks to spare.

Lesson learned, never go strapless.

Currently, I'm looking at Sigma, though I'm not sure if I'm doing really expensive on lenses. Hone

If it's a standard zoom type lens you are after I can recommend the Sigma 17-50 f/2.8.
I got one off a mate which was surplus to his needs when he went full frame and for the price bracket it performs very well, a huge step up from the kit lenses.

Which means I should add my purchases I suppose, that and to keep @Mike Rotch happy. :P

So the Sigma as mentioned above.

Sigma-17-50mm-f-2.8-EX-DC-OS-HSM-Lens (1).jpg

And also from my mate.

Tamron-70-300mm-f-4-5.6-Di-VC-Lens.jpg

Tamron 70-300 VC, it also performs very well for it's price point. All up I got both which are like new condition anyway for around the price of what one of them would have been.

The Tamron will tie me over until my inevitable 70-200 f/2.8 purchase, initially with this in mind I thought I would sell the Tamron on at that time but I may just keep it for the extra reach as I'm very pleased with it's performance.

But it is because 2006 is included.

06-07-08-09-10-11-12-13-14-15

Just sayin' :P

You usually see on anniversary logos, 1915-2015 (100th) or 2002-2012 (10th) etc, I guess it's how you add the current year in. Still looks weird IMO.

Last edited:
Since I woke up today I was debating with myself whether I should go for it or not. Then I just thought "Screw it!", and bought it just by speaking to the Kinect.

microsoft_pk2_00001_forza_5_racing_game_1086379.jpg

EDIT: Completely forgot about this! Picked it up on friday. It's the cheapest 10.1 Windows tablet on the market and since I always needed a tablet for school work, decided this would do the job. So far so good!

WP_20150404_003.jpg

Last edited:
Back