Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,681 comments
I got a very unexpected surprise bonus of sorts from work.
Anyway after crunching the figures I worked out that after selling off some of my gear that will no longer be needed an upgrade to full frame photography was going to be nowhere near as expensive as I assumed.
Since I'm starting to enjoy taking pics more than ever figured if I didn't take the plunge with this opportunity it would never happen.

So.

24418.jpg

1-nna.jpg

Last edited:
Do you get annoyed when people freak out about shots? Everyone I know is afraid of them and whines for days about getting a vaccine and I can't help but roll my eyes.

Needles are cool. Unless your phlebotomist sucks.

Also, one of my favorite things was getting the lidocaine injection in my pretty gnarly ingrown toenail that was infected. It was such a relief getting that sucker taken out. Surgery under local anesthesia is so much better than home surgery. I highly recommend it.

Needles are cool. Unless your phlebotomist sucks.

Also, one of my favorite things was getting the lidocaine injection in my pretty gnarly ingrown toenail that was infected. It was such a relief getting that sucker taken out. Surgery under local anesthesia is so much better than home surgery. I highly recommend it.
..... When I got my second ingrown, I had no anesthesia.. The doctor thought I was going to faint.

Only 39 of these graded 9.8, it's tripled in value since I bought my first one in 2011. Hopefully it will stay that way. The encapsulated bag has some waves in it giving those reddish lines, looks great in person.

Wolverine_1_Deadpool_Variant.jpg

Jerome

Only 39 of these graded 9.8, it's tripled in value since I bought my first one in 2011. Hopefully it will stay that way. The encapsulated bag has some waves in it giving those reddish lines, looks great in person.

Wolverine_1_Deadpool_Variant.jpg

Jerome

Wow, only $5.99. Great deal! 👍

:D

rofl2.gif

Wouldn't that be nice.

Jerome

Last edited:
A new chase for the corner of the living room:

20150501_073025.jpg

A new chair for the corner of my bedroom:

20150501_073205.jpg

And one lightbulb went out in my kitchen so naturally I bought 14:

20150430_211700.jpg

:lol:

Since the Puma shoes I bought a while back didn't fit my feet, I bought these from Adidas yesterday:
B25958_04_standard.jpg

I hope they fit better. 👍

tmp_3138-513Fd579eML._SL1500_-337488142.jpg

Was originally going to switch over to Philips 9011s for the hi beams/DRLs, but I couldn't say no to the sale Amazon had on them that started while I was looking. $25!

View attachment 357643

Was originally going to switch over to Philips 9011s for the hi beams/DRLs, but I couldn't say no to the sale Amazon had on them that started while I was looking. $25!
Have you mounted them? What's the verdict? Worth the price tag?
I've been looking for replacements for my car, but so far I haven't decided on the right ones.

Haven't gotten them yet. Supposed to arrive today. Nighthawks are supposedly the best if you want to stick with 9005s but not have Silverstars that pop after a few months.

IMAG0273.jpg

Bandai MG 1/100 scale Freedom Gundam
RC4WD 1/10 scale Trail Finder 2 Kit
Tamiya 1/10 scale TA-06 carbon fiber rear shock stay
Castle Creations ESC fan

Last edited:
You can never have enough bulbs. It's Sod's law if one goes and you only replace the one, others go out just to taunt you.
I'm assuming the contractor installed them all at the same time when the house was built so they'll almost assuredly go out at give or take the same time. Also, it drives me crazy when lamps in the same room have a different color temperature so I hedged my bets and bought enough for all the cans in my living room/kitchen/dining room as its one large open space so they're all the same.

Bonus - all 14 LEDs use about the same power as 2 incandescent lamps. 👍

The other 16 cans in the house will be replaced in a similar fashion, too.

TB
Bonus - all 14 LEDs use about the same power as 2 incandescent lamps. 👍

The other 16 cans in the house will be replaced in a similar fashion, too.
We had a discussion similar to this last year when I was looking for bulbs for my garage. I bought brand new CFLs and found out quickly that in the cold, they were worthless. You suggested LED. Since that conversation I have replaced ALL my external garage, house, and landscaping lights with all LED bulbs. And I have at least 35 landscaping lights. I use the daylight style because its a very nice bright crisp "white". Well worth the conversion. Not a single landscaping light burn out yet even through the winter. Usually at least 1/4 of those would have popped from snow accumulation if they were still incandescent bulbs. Not a single bulb went out since last year. :D

On top of that ALL my 69 Camaro internal and external lights have all been switched to LED. LED is just the way to go all the way around. :cheers:

TB
And one lightbulb went out in my kitchen so naturally I bought 14:

View attachment 357550

:lol:

That is one crap LED bulb.

13w and only 650lm

That is 50lm/w

It must do something fancy to use extra 5w or been dirt cheap and i mean $2 dirt cheap.
we have 7w LEDs that output 600lm that are $12
http://www.bunnings.com.au/philips-7-5w-3000k-warm-white-edison-a55-led-globe_p4331153

This bulb is 14w and outputs 1400lm
http://www.bunnings.com.au/philips-led-14w-6500k-cool-daylight-edison-screw-a67-globe_p4331214

13w and only 650lm
750 lumens, not 650.

The floods they're replacing are 65w, 605 lumens, so even if they are "crap" it's still a lot better.
we have 7w LEDs that output 600lm

This bulb is 14w and outputs 1400lm
To compare apples to apples, the A lamps I have are 9.5w, 810 lumens and cost about $7 each, if that makes you feel better.

Conversely, looking for a flood light on bunnings, I found this one, but mine didn't set me back $35; they were $10.

Woman's but hey :D, had them in my size (8) and bought manly laces (normal)

Not a fan of then men's version as they are more bulky

Woman's Nike Air Max Thea.

image.jpg

Back