Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,682 comments
Sony Xperia T3.

xperia-t3-air-carefully-crafted-550402b445afcdf343b4233b902651bb-940.jpg

Finally a thingy to replace the crapbar I had for the last 2,5 years. :D

Also not pictured are a can of bitumen bog to seal up the sump of the car, a new CV boot, a pair of Champion wipers that were on sale and a quality foot pump, because why not.

@phillkillv2, get a SSD for the OS and most used programs, use the hard drive for everything else.

SSD seriously makes the computer fast at booting up and in general usage.

I'm assuming you're not expecting to upgrade the computer for quite some time? Additionally, is even the FX AMD CPU compatible with the AM3+ motherboards?

Some used electronics equipment to upgrade what I already have in my car. This will upgrade the navigation to the most up to date version that will fit in my car (from Mk. III to Mk. IV), as well as upgrade the radio to the late BM53 version that will allow me to retrofit an auxiliary input jack, obtain Sirius radio and listen to MP3 CDs.

I only want the aux input for now, though I may retrofit Sirius later. This isn't necessarily the cheapest or easiest solution, but this does allow me to retain OE parts.

I will be buying the necessary cables from BMW to convert the wiring to fit the new radio soon.

Pre-ordred this.

81FdzLG52vL._SL1500_.jpg

There is the small complication of me not having an Xbox One yet, but I wanted to make sure I get the pre-order cars at least.

adac-2014-update-banner.jpg

+
header.jpg

+
Group5.png

+
AMT.png

Aim is to hold-off from getting Project CARS for quite a few weeks, let bugs/issues get sorted & give the community some time to figure things out, then hop-aboard the P.CARS train :lol:

I picked up some stuff to do some landscaping in the front of the house, though I am going to need to buy more because the amount needed was severely underestimated. I have only planted stuff in one of the pots so far. I was too tired after digging up weeds from the lawn and mowing yesterday to pot the other two.

IMG_20150425_181643639.jpg

IMG_20150425_181651190.jpg

I also bought a couple oak trees and planted them in the backyard.

IMG_20150425_181716376.jpg

And the results of the single potted plants:

IMG_20150427_075437699.jpg

I also bought the rocks in the picture over the weekend.

So here is step two of the house landscaping project:

IMG_20150502_161255393.jpg

Finished with the potting of plants, tore out the grass in front the hedges on the left side of the picture, and put down some dirt in that area. The next step is to put down some more dirt, some landscaping fabric, mulch, and plant the two tall plants in the background and daisy flowers. I also need to up some bigger landscaping rocks and a few more flowers.

I had some second thoughts once we started digging up the grass and how difficult that part of the process was. But now that I am seeing the end product come together, it is going to look fantastic.

EDIT: Updated picture of my recently re-staked trees in the background and very nicely weeded backyard:

IMG_20150503_155122375.jpg

Last edited:
TB
@Brett - Conversely, I'm just paying someone to do mine. :lol: Scheduled to start on the 26th. :)

I probably should have, but doing it myself saves some money and also gives me something to do outside in some absolutely fantastic weather.

For the first time ever, a low-ms screen.

11140257_10153858546004097_1669913453050618963_n.jpg

Finally can play a game without lag. Finally. A dream come true. Plus it can double up as a dual monitor! Great excuse to use when being scrutinized for buying a dedicated gaming monitor.

What is it? a BenQ LCD 24" GL2460HM, an older model which I assume got succeeded by the LED 24" RL2455HM. Found it for $169 on amazon.ca. If you have Amazon Prime, it's free 2-day shipping (for me anyway, don't know about folks outside of Canada or US). I was going to dive into the RL for $220 elsewhere, but then I found this sweet low price.

image.jpg

Bought this Mortal Kombat X T-Shirt at GameStop for $14. I use to have a Black ops II t-shirt which I got rid of due to my loss of interest with the CoD franchise. However this T-Shirt I just got since I have MKX looks way better then the Black ops II T-Shirt I had in my opinion. *Yes I do know that MKX and Black ops II are completely two different games.*

Mortal Kombat X is a great game by the way.

Latest Posts

Back