Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,677 comments
Apple iPut-Speakers-In-Your-Ears
01.jpg

All 4 seasons of Everwood on DVD arrived from Germany. Less than half the price Amazon UK were charging.

A nice TV show which showcased Chris Pratt as a funny man with charm.

image.jpeg

They have the English voice track so that's good.

612YjJGAZZL._SL1500_.jpg

The Leatherman Micra I ordered came into the mail today. I think I scratched a bit of the blue with my knife opening the package it came in. Leatherman made the packaging nearly adult proof.

Two 2WD entries for the 2016 oOple Off-Road Open Series, the season opener at Bury and the season finale at my home track, Southport. Can't wait to run in some big events once more. :D

banner800_zpsysk3heps.jpg

I take that the big events aren't run by graphical designers.

I'd like to know who thought that the man's face on the sun looked acceptable.
It was set up by Jimmy Storey, the founder of oOple, as an alternative to the BRCA National series - he noticed that the level of competition was so high that the average club racer would never stand a chance. This works on a driver rating system - 15 is a National A Finalist, 1 is "Muppet". It's designed to be a series with a sense of humour - as you can probably see.

Jimmy died suddenly last year at the age of 41, hence why he is shouting an email address from the sky in that photo. It's probably going to be quite a sad time at Bury, since it will be my first oOple event since his passing - I still have fond memories of him filming my old Schumacher SV2 at Southport in 2013.

Ironically, Jimmy was a brilliant graphic designer - before his RC work, he worked for 3D Realms, playing a role in titles such as Duke Nukem and Rise of the Triad.

Softtopper off a guy on Craigslist, I'll be meeting up with him tomorrow to pick it up. I really wanted a fiberglass cap but not for $3,000. Snagged this guy for $400 when they're about $900 new.

f80fb5de43339b5cd8187c5d080ab22d.jpg

Oohh so you couldn't resist in the end @McLaren ?

Nice. 👍
The TL is in her final payments, & I wanted to ease up a bit on her usage as she ticked over 9 years/115k with me on the 1st. It's not the '16 that's grown on me recently, but I actually like the interior of the '15 more & it doesn't impress me any less to drive. I've been very fond of this car since its release a couple years ago. :)
1960127_1003895859633585_8631532494562953665_n.jpg

Looks snugg to me, and very proper at that. Enjoy.
Thank you, sir! It is snug, but still leaves room for comfort. Been a joy so far. :)

The TL is in her final payments, & I wanted to ease up a bit on her usage as she ticked over 9 years/115k with me on the 1st. It's not the '16 that's grown on me recently, but I actually like the interior of the '15 more & it doesn't impress me any less to drive. I've been very fond of this car since its release a couple years ago. :)

Winning. Moar pictures!

612YjJGAZZL._SL1500_.jpg

The Leatherman Micra I ordered came into the mail today. I think I scratched a bit of the blue with my knife opening the package it came in. Leatherman made the packaging nearly adult proof.

Please let me know how this works out for you and if it's as durable as some of the other models. I've been on the verge of buying a Leatherman for months but can't decide which and I quite like the snips on this model as opposed to the pliers on other.

Please let me know how this works out for you and if it's as durable as some of the other models. I've been on the verge of buying a Leatherman for months but can't decide which and I quite like the snips on this model as opposed to the pliers on other.

Can do. However, I doubt my desk jockey job will ever really test the thing's durability.

Can do. However, I doubt my desk jockey job will ever really test the thing's durability.

I figured this model is more of an everyday convenience tool that a complete do it all thing. Just seems handy not to have to carry a knife, snips, nail tool and whatnot separately.

I figured this model is more of an everyday convenience tool that a complete do it all thing. Just seems handy not to have to carry a knife, snips, nail tool and whatnot separately.

It is. The tool fits nicely into that little front pocket on jeans. It has more functionality than the Swiss Army Classic I was carrying before, but with a little additional bulk.

I have already made use of the snips, nail file, and bottle opener. The knife may or may not get some use because I pretty much always carry the below me with too.

C123CF_L.jpg

Picked up some more records from Invada as they're having a sale.

image.jpeg

Farcry 4 OST 3LP

image.jpeg

30 days of night OST 2LP

image.jpeg

Oldboy (Korean OST)

image.jpeg

Solaris OST - I already own this OST, this is the picture disc version.

image.jpeg

Collage - Heritage Boxset - t-shirt, cassett, CD, Pins, stickers, LP & DL.

Last edited:
Just got some permanent Hancook tire stickers from Tire Attire LA. They'll look like this on the car, I'll post some pics when I get them on in the thread for my car.
image.jpg

Screenshot_2016-01-04-23-31-53-1.png
20160105_203515.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-04-23-31-53-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-04-23-31-53-1.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 16
NP
@AlvaroF, Anker makes quality products. 👍

And with very appealing prices. This speaker was half of what a big branded speakers costs. I'll take delivery of it next week, if it proves to be as good as people say, I'll definitely order a large capacity power bank from them in a near future.

Thank you, sir! It is snug, but still leaves room for comfort. Been a joy so far. :)

Congrats! Absolutely love the current GS (before the new facelift) and that interior looks great too.

Back