Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,674 comments
Heavens to Betsy, I am so over pomade and wax - will try to find some of this..

It's pricey, and it's no meant to "hold" your hair like a pomade and wax. If I were you i'd buy the small size first.

Waiwaiwaiwaiwaittt... - does this stuff make your hair go like it does when you dry it after swimming is salt water? If so, I need several boxes of that...

You of all people really SHOULD have ;)

It should. My hair is a bit too long for that right now but that's the intention. It does have actual sea salt chunks in it.

Heavens to Betsy, I am so over pomade and wax - will try to find some of this..

It's pricey, and it's no meant to "hold" your hair like a pomade and wax. If I were you i'd buy the small size first.

#hipsterproblems ;)

Got me this sweet 2016 Dale Jr. Tax Slayer Chevy SS die-cast yesterday, as well as the 2014 National Guard Daytona 500 race winner and the 2010 Hall of Fame car.

IMG_20160516_174742.jpg
IMG_20160516_174649.jpg
IMG_20160516_174509.jpg

I can deal. Nothing really holds my hair all day and looks somewhat casual/natural, which means I have to keep doing stuff to it while it obviously looks like I have something in it. Much better to have something I'd have to fix just as much without looking like anything is in it #iwokeuplikethis

I can deal. Nothing really holds my hair all day and looks somewhat casual/natural, which means I have to keep doing stuff to it while it obviously looks like I have something in it. Much better to have something I'd have to fix just as much without looking like anything is in it #iwokeuplikethis

I know this feel. Pomade will hold my hair for 20 minutes, and then I'm sitting there with goop in my hair for no reason all day.

I recently bought a kitty coloring book for stress relief, I was recommended to buy one by my sister. I really didn't think it would work, but it does like magic. Those of you who are stressed and need to calm down, buy this!

(I promise I'm not 9)

7adab020ba9a356443d74525027fc30c.jpg

I recently bought a kitty coloring book for stress relief, I was recommended to buy one by my sister. I really didn't think it would work, but it does like magic. Those of you who are stressed and need to calm down, buy this!

(I promise I'm not 9)

View attachment 546994
I dunno if this is a sudden trend or what, but I keep hearing about adults getting into coloring. A friend suggested the same to me and I picked up a fantasy coloring book and some colored pencils. I'm not 9 either, but it's actually relaxing.

Yeah, I hope that mug is life-size and not some kind of miniature.
Will find out:
GT SOON.jpg

Hopefully I don't get sued...
I dunno if this is a sudden trend or what, but I keep hearing about adults getting into coloring. A friend suggested the same to me and I picked up a fantasy coloring book and some colored pencils. I'm not 9 either, but it's actually relaxing.
Seems to be a thing: Link. Remember Hollyoaks hardman taking up colouring in the show to calm him down:
Hollyoaks.jpg

Mental health awareness week in UK at the moment. If it works for you, then great.

71eXpV5X0PL._SX355_.jpg

Apparently there is a design flaw in my refrigerator that makes the defrost back up into the freezer and all over the floor instead of into the bottom pan where it belongs. This $12 trap is supposed to take care of that.

It was difficult for me not to address the typo, but I managed. Sort of, until now.
It seems to be, as several people I used to work with have taken up adult coloring. I haven't tried it, though. Maybe if I did I wouldn't have quit that job.

I've never seen a tent so big for £100! I've rented places smaller than that for a much higher price. What was I thinking?

I've never seen a tent so big for £100! I've rented places smaller than that for a much higher price. What was I thinking?
Couldn't say no to that price. This is the last summer in the current house and the new place we're looking to buy (cross fingers) is on the beach and has a courtyard and decking but no lawn, so we thought for £100 we won't be upset if it gets trashed. See the place off in style. :)

Adult life sounds awful, when the highlight of your shopping is a rubber hose for your fridge.

TB
Just mentally preparing you for your future.

You're welcome.

What excites you when you were younger will probably no longer excite you as much as you grow older.

I am no longer as excited about video games as I was when I was younger. There is just not enough time to play all of them or very many of them for that matter. Most open world or sandbox games sound like they would be great fun if I had the spare time I had when I was in elementary, junior high, high school, or college. Knowing I no longer have that spare time, those type of games sound like a waste of money because there is no way I am going to be able to spend enough time playing the game.

A rubber hose is maybe not the best example, but replacing some small things around the house because they break or need an upgrade can be very satisfying.

Replacing a rubber hose for a fridge is way more satisfying than replacing a floor damaged by water damage. It's especially more satisfying than replacing drywall- anything is more satisfying than drywall! :scared:

6oJjdbm.jpg

Sorry for the dirty desk...

This is my brand new Lioncast LK20. First mechanical keyboard in my life and damn, what a difference it makes. It's tenkeyless, which will definitely take a little time to get used to, but it feels so much nicer to use such a small keyboard when you're gaming. Not having to spread your hands as far apart really does feel more comfortable when you're at it for a prolonged period of times.

Got the keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches. They got a great feel to them. The tactile feedback is so much better than what I'm used to from using membrane keyboards for my entire life. They're not too clicky and, thus, not outstandingly loud, either. Typing feels so much more satisfying then it did with my old Steelseries Apex RAW. Not that that was a bad keyboard, far from it. But... Well, I guess there's truth to the saying "Once you go mech, you never go back". Felt like a good time to make the switch, too, considering that I gotta be typing a lot over the course of the summer, thanks to various assignments at university and at work.

I'm also very pleased with the rather minimalistic approach. Ninety bucks for a keyboard without any gimmicks doesn't seem that cheap, compared to what you can get when going for a membrane keyboard in that price range, but to be honest, I never really used the extra features those gaming keyboard come with. Never even used what they Apex RAW had on offer - and that was still relatively tame, compared to what other gaming keyboards can do. Makes the LK20 look pretty classy in comparison, too. That aside, the quality does feel mighty impressive. The keyboard is kinda heavy, given that it's missing the number keys. Someone who's used to mechanical keyboards wouldn't notice, I bet, but that kinda caught me by surprise. I'll be a little cheeky here and say that it does feel far better in terms of quality than my room mate's Razer Blackwidow Chroma. Not that I have used the latter extensively, it's just a sort of first hands-on impression I'm going by, here.

As you might have guessed by the small wall of text, I rather enjoy using it. Typing feels so much better now! :D

Back