Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,674 comments
@SVX Why do you have a stolen Victorian number plate?

I sort of have a number plate collection:

IMG_4138[1].JPG

I've had the plate ever since I could remember. I find it kinda neat in a way.

Before you ask, I didn't steal the New Zealand plate. :P

Just got myself a new car (Yuki was poorly, and I didn't want to throw good money after bad), a Toyota Avensis T-180 estate, and as it was my birthday recently, I decided to treat myself:
$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

s-l300.jpg

Sporty-Racing-Cool-Black-Leather-Red-Stitch-Car-Gear-font-b-Shift-b-font-font-b.jpg

As I bought a one of these as well:
Turtle-Beach-EAR-FORCE-Recon-50X-gaming-headset.jpg

I need one of these:
microsoft-xbox-one-stereo-headset-adapter-black-37b91c7571a1f243b8988ca4810af395.jpg

A wedding present for the couple I am best man to (apart from a couple of other things):
$_35.JPG

Motorola-Moto-G-2015-3rd-Gen.jpg

Broke my old phone dropping it on the floor trying to take a pic of the chain bridge in Budapest:

chain_06.jpg

(i was slightly drunk).

More new cars :lol::lol:

For those wondering why I don't post these in the Scale Model thread, it's because my phone can handle this thread more than the other one.

5471008-rit.jpg

F143742952.jpg

I knew that my booster was reaching the end of its life but it died on me Saturday evening while I was prepping it for a quick drive.

The master cylinder also sprung a leak, but that's most likely because hasn't moved since December 2013.

Ah well.

I got prime day fever lol. I just got a mad deal flash deal on project cars game of the year edition was only £18.99!!! also got a new mechanical keyboard(Sades K10).
81ROEIMkaeL._SX522_.jpg

51P97btI2jL.jpg

Will that be your first mechanical keyboard?

Will that be your first mechanical keyboard?
Yes it will I'm intrigued as to what it will feel like. It only cost £50, I didn't want to spend £100 on something I might not like

EDIT: Just got it now and its pretty loud lol but it feels nice. will take some getting used to as its a bit smaller than my last board(corsair K40)

Last edited:
Yes it will I'm intrigued as to what it will feel like. It only cost £50, I didn't want to spend £100 on something I might not like

EDIT: Just got it now and its pretty loud lol but it feels nice. will take some getting used to as its a bit smaller than my last board(corsair K40)

Does it have Blue switches? If it does and you can keep from bottoming out the keys, then it will quiet down quite a bit. You should generally be able to feel when the keys activate with Blue switches.

These are not my latest purchases but it's things that i have bought within the pass 2 to 4 months. The cubs skin i actually bought a few weeks ago.
20160713_085958.jpg
Went on skinit and ordered a Chicago cubs skin for my ps4 controller.
20160713_085642.jpg

A blue yeti mic for recording some commentary on sharefactory on ps4.:D
20160713_085442.jpg

And a Sony cube Bluetooth speaker. It can get really loud which caught me off guard because of its size.

Does it have Blue switches? If it does and you can keep from bottoming out the keys, then it will quiet down quite a bit. You should generally be able to feel when the keys activate with Blue switches.
Yeah they are blue and yes it seems a light tap is enough to activate without being to loud

Just got myself a new car (Yuki was poorly, and I didn't want to throw good money after bad), a Toyota Avensis T-180 estate, and as it was my birthday recently, I decided to treat myself:

$_1.JPG

Is your car wiring harness made for 55w or 100w.
If your cars stock lights are 55w I would not use these as they will draw nearly 2x more current.

If you're after more light getting "xenon" type bulbs is not the best choice as the bulb film removes the red, yellow portions of the light, this leaves the light more white, but since less than 25% of the light given by a halogen is blue, you get less lumens out of these bulbs.

Is your car wiring harness made for 55w or 100w.
If your cars stock lights are 55w I would not use these as they will draw nearly 2x more current.

If you're after more light getting "xenon" type bulbs is not the best choice as the bulb film removes the red, yellow portions of the light, this leaves the light more white, but since less than 25% of the light given by a halogen is blue, you get less lumens out of these bulbs.

Thanks for the heads up. Is there anything you would recommend instead? Something like this? http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bu...ds-xenon-hid-style-4400k--30-percent-477-bulb

Thanks for the heads up. Is there anything you would recommend instead? Something like this? http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bu...ds-xenon-hid-style-4400k--30-percent-477-bulb

Are you after more light or are you after a HID look?

If you want more light stick as close as possible to 3300°K bulbs, the higher(the more white) the less light you get.
The extra wattage of these HID style bulbs is there to try and offset the less light emitted.

If are after style, try a HID kit.
But if your car takes H7 bulbs and has a reflector housing you will need to use H7R bulbs to help reduce glare.

Any of the +100% type bulbs will look nicer, but they dont last that long.

Another option is to fit an LED lightbar if you want more light but you will have to check how your local laws review these devices as.
They might be classed as AUX lights and treated like highbeams in terms of use.

Are you after more light or are you after a HID look?

If you want more light stick as close as possible to 3300°K bulbs, the higher(the more white) the less light you get.
The extra wattage of these HID style bulbs is there to try and offset the less light emitted.

If are after style, try a HID kit.
But if your car takes H7 bulbs and has a reflector housing you will need to use H7R bulbs to help reduce glare

I'm after a brighter, whiter light from the bulbs, however the Avensis is an absolute bugger to change the light bulbs in without the additional complication of fitting an aftermarket HID kit, which is illegal in the UK anyway. I'll have to have a think about it, thankfully I haven't fitted them yet.

Latest Posts

Back