Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,674 comments
image.jpeg

I'm after a brighter, whiter light from the bulbs, however the Avensis is an absolute bugger to change the light bulbs in without the additional complication of fitting an aftermarket HID kit, which is illegal in the UK anyway. I'll have to have a think about it, thankfully I haven't fitted them yet.

I thought it was illegal to have HIDs without a working leveling and washing system that if it is fitted, but there is no rule about aftermarket installs.

I know a few that have HIDs and they pass MOT.

As for brighter and whiter, that does not exist in the halogen realm.

Even if you were to make your own wiring loom to deal with the extra current, the housing might not be able to cope with the heat given off.

Last edited:
Whoa! Get you. 6th is overdrive gearing? I bet it sounds lovely.

I have no idea yet. I've never driven anything on 2 wheels that has a gearbox, and this thing was a lot cheaper than buying a moped with a box.

It sounds like a lawnmower when idling. :lol:

Got this the other day and I love it.
Something to take me away from the dying cancer filled mess that is TF2.
images

I have had it for not quite a month now and have really liked the game. 👍

So you bought M3 badges to put on it?
It's amazing how much performance you get by putting those badges on. I see why some people pop stickers all over their cars; if each one is as big of a change as slapping those badges on was I'm gonna to need to get some.

I'd highly recommend it. I hear STi & Evo badges have similar effects on WRXs and Lancers. Not to mention the boost even a single AMG badge can net you...

It's amazing how much performance you get by putting those badges on. I see why some people pop stickers all over their cars; if each one is as big of a change as slapping those badges on was I'm gonna to need to get some.

I'd highly recommend it. I hear STi & Evo badges have similar effects on WRXs and Lancers. Not to mention the boost even a single AMG badge can net you...
I'll need to look into an Si badge for my Pilot, then. ;)

I don't know, I think you're yanking our chain, I have TRD badges all over my truck and it's still struggles to reach 80 or really get out of it's own way.

Being in the Uk I don't really know much about guns, how much does a WWII rifle like that cost?

Being in the Uk I don't really know much about guns, how much does a WWII rifle like that cost?

I paid $185 for mine but as I've seen m1 garands go upwards of $900

Mosin Nagants are usually under $200 because there are still literally crates of never fired rifles laying around. Most of the German Mausers you'd see around are probably going to be in the $200-400 range although that can jump up quite a bit depending on the date/place of manufacture and whether parts are correct and/or have matching serial numbers. M1 Garands typically start in the $600-700 range at least for a working gun and can easily get up into the $2500-5000 range for rare variants and particular serial number ranges. Springfield 1903's run similar to the M1. I don't know much about the pricing on Enfields and other European rifles though.

I won't have them until August, but for their cost and performance I couldn't pass these up:

~HiFiMan HE-350 Massdrop Exclusive~

This is no longer something that's happening. What was originally supposed to ship on August 3rd has now been delayed until September 30th. I've already waited longer than anyone should for a pair of cans and I'm not waiting any longer.

As soon as the cancellation goes through I'll be picking up a pair of the SHP9500's.

Headphone_Philips_Shp9500_01.jpg

This is no longer something that's happening. What was originally supposed to ship on August 3rd has now been delayed until September 30th. I've already waited longer than anyone should for a pair of cans and I'm not waiting any longer.
Ouch, that's too bad, I've heard good things about HiFiMan stuff. Hope you like the SHP9500's, I've never given them a listen but I know Phillips has made some headphones in the past that punched far above their pricetag.

Ouch, that's too bad, I've heard good things about HiFiMan stuff. Hope you like the SHP9500's, I've never given them a listen but I know Phillips has made some headphones in the past that punched far above their pricetag.

Indeed. I watched Zeos review them and he loves them more than his personalized pair of HD600's.

This is going to turn into another keyboard-level addiction for me. I already want the Fidelio X2's, a pair of HD598's, HE-400's, etc. Why? Why must my wallet always cry? :lol:

upload_2016-7-18_15-20-3.png

Cropped navy trousers from Top Man (though really, these are jeans). Sadly, my short legs mean they fit like normal.

Mac folks: do you have any input on these:

upload_2016-7-18_15-22-25.png

The LaCie Porsche Design USB 3.0 external hard drive. I need an external, and while I've been told to look at WD drives (and to avoid Seagates for reliability reasons), I have a hard time saying no to this design.

View attachment 568881
The LaCie Porsche Design USB 3.0 external hard drive. I need an external, and while I've been told to look at WD drives (and to avoid Seagates for reliability reasons), I have a hard time saying no to this design.
I've had the USB 2.0 1 TB one of these since I bought my Macbook in 2012 and it's never missed a beat. Also have the matching 2 TB desktop hard drive which is fantastic too. I can thoroughly recommend any of the LaCie stuff. Incidentally my 2 TB Seagate portable drive has never given me any issues either.

My Death Adder started doing the whole registering-two-clicks-when-just-clicking-once thing, so she needed to be replaced.
I love my Corsair keyboard so I figured they'd make a damn good mouse too. And that they do.
46C0989089F5424E834CCE27FB2708B0.ashx

The little target on the left is a button you can hold down to greatly lower the DPI. Pretty good when I'm sniping with Widowmaker or something like that. I wasn't that accurate with my Death Adder. Eventually it just felt choppy and old. The arrow buttons on top adjust the DPI too, so you can make it as quick or as sluggish as you wish. Cool beans.

This is going to turn into another keyboard-level addiction for me. I already want the Fidelio X2's, a pair of HD598's, HE-400's, etc. Why? Why must my wallet always cry? :lol:

I've been looking at getting some new headphones for a little while. I have a pair of Panasonic RP-HT161s, and while they're a decent set of headphones for $19... they're a $19 set of headphones.

Seeing regular headphone posts by you might lead me to pulling the trigger, dammit! :dopey:

Latest Posts

Back