Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,674 comments
8681515_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=550;canvasWidth=642

Fitbit Charge HR - Got this a couple of weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it. At £100, it's quite expensive but it is a pretty accurate pedometer, a heart rate monitor and sleep monitor. The accompanying app is great, and can be used to track walks/runs via GPS, and to set goals. So far, I'm finding it pretty easy to hit my target of 10000 steps a day, and I'm probably going to increase that to 15000 soon :)

l_21998099.jpg

Panasonic HC-V250 - got this the other day; good value at £150 but not immediately impressed by it just yet... despite having USB, Wi-Fi and HDMI, I'm finding it necessary to remove the SD card (bought separately) to get any files off the camera and onto my PC. With no built-in memory and no SD card, it cannot be used straight out of the box, which is annoying for any new toy - luckily I live next to an electronics store and picked up an SD card to enable me to play with it on Day 1. Also, on my first attempt at editing a video, the picture quality is not what I expected, but I think that is a combination of using the wrong mode and using the wrong software, so hopefully that will not be an issue. It appeared to crash as well, meaning that I had to physically remove the battery in order to switch it off, which is not great either. Good points are that it is remotely controllable from my mobile phone, meaning that I can leave it on a tripod and trigger recording without touching the camera, which is great... the connection has dropped a few times though, but it does appear to work most of the time.

Last edited:
My wife bought an Instant Pot (not my picture).

Instant-Pot.jpg

It's like a pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, rice cooker, and yogurt maker all in one.

I've only done a test with water that they recommend in the manual so far. If this works as well as many claim I should be able to get rid of a couple of other countertop devices.

My wife bought an Instant Pot (not my picture).

Instant-Pot.jpg

It's like a pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, rice cooker, and yogurt maker all in one.

I've only done a test with water that they recommend in the manual so far. If this works as well as many claim I should be able to get rid of a couple of other countertop devices.

Please let us know how well it does with rice. When I move I really want a rice cooker, I've been looking as the Zojirushi ones but they cost a premium.

Haven't been to EGX for a few years so got the following earlier today. Surprised it's not sold out given the main early tickets already are. Hopefully GT SPORT and PS4 Neo is showcased. Probably get SFV soon so I don't look like a total noob.
EGX 2016 Capcom Pro Tour Ticket.png

Please let us know how well it does with rice. When I move I really want a rice cooker, I've been looking as the Zojirushi ones but they cost a premium.
I can't speak for the one FK has but I bought one about a year ago (I can check the brand for you later) and besides over cooking the rice if you don't take it off the burner right after it finishes and stir it a bit, it works beautifully.

It'll probably be a while before I make rice, but everyone in the Facebook groups loves it.

@TB @FoolKiller thnks for the heads up.

I really need a good Rice Cooker which has timer and rice type settings. After reading a little more this one sounds like a basic setting which wouldn't be a huge help (although I do like the idea of a slow cooker too)

It seems like the Zojirushi ones are my option but quite costly and they're all in Japanese which my own understanding is limited.

DSC_0327.JPG

3 liter of Action concrete paint for the floor of our new garage. Cheapest in the country.

There is really no point in buying expensive concrete paint or coating as all of them will dissolve underneath rubber.

So. €32,- for 3 liter. There.

View attachment 571751

To go with my Sony a6000.

I tried a borrowed MD 50mm f1.4 during the last 2 weeks and I decided to buy this one for me. Maybe I'll end up buying the W Rokkor 28mm f2.8 too soon.

This is a badass 40 something years old lens.
I have the same lens but without the Rokkor markings; It's a good budget lens for sure but it hasn't been getting much use since I got my 40mm Nokton. The 28mm F/2.8 is pretty good too, considering it can be had for around $50.

I have the same lens but without the Rokkor markings; It's a good budget lens for sure but it hasn't been getting much use since I got my 40mm Nokton. The 28mm F/2.8 is pretty good too, considering it can be had for around $50.

That's a gem indeed. :) And hard to find I imagine.

I'm glad someone is buying it. I passed as much as I'm a Floyd fan I couldn't justify the cost of what is essentially some bonus discs.

I'm a huge Floyd fan, and couldn't resist. I seriously considered going to Pompeii to see Gilmour, but wasn't able to. At least I got to see him at Madison Square Garden in April.

This box set is gonna great! I'm also glad I waited until I found the best price.

After quite a few years, I'm getting back into skateboarding. My old setup was thrashed so a new one was in order, almost bought online but decided to shop at one of the local board shops who have been serving Adelaide well for years.

They hooked me up with a great setup:
  • Chocolate Skateboards Jerry Hsu Tradiciones 8" board
  • Thunder trucks
  • Spitfire 52mm wheels
  • Bones Reds bearings

kxB3Son.png

I've been watching skateboarding videos almost exclusively for the last couple of months, so to say I'm excited for the weather to get better would be an understatement! And while I'm at it, I also picked up a copy of the Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Triple Thrills pack on Steam.

After quite a few years, I'm getting back into skateboarding. My old setup was thrashed so a new one was in order, almost bought online but decided to shop at one of the local board shops who have been serving Adelaide well for years.

They hooked me up with a great setup:
  • Chocolate Skateboards Jerry Hsu Tradiciones 8" board
  • Thunder trucks
  • Spitfire 52mm wheels
  • Bones Reds bearings

kxB3Son.png

I've been watching skateboarding videos almost exclusively for the last couple of months, so to say I'm excited for the weather to get better would be an understatement! And while I'm at it, I also picked up a copy of the Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Triple Thrills pack on Steam.

Sometimes the boards are so lovley you just want to frame them rather than Skate them. I've been watching a load of Brail Skateboarding videos on YouTube lately. If got two left feet so it's just a pipe dream of me getting any good. (Pun intended)

Yeah, it's always been a battle for me. I love the artwork but I gotta do them boardslides. I guess it's all about appreciating it while it lasts, or alternatively get a blank deck but they're never as fun.

Getting on the board isn't so hard though, even if you start off with a longboard or cruiser to get a sense of balance. Boards come in a good range of sizes too, so it's pretty easy to find one that suits your body. For me, it's not enough to just watch videos on YouTube. I've been doing that for the last few months and it just gets me way too hyped, especially with how easy the pros in Street League, Vans Park Series and all the various video parts make ridiculously good tricks look.

Back