Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,674 comments
You bought one on the very day that they're expected to showcase a new one? :P

Welcome to the club. I'm two months into ownership of my iMac 4K and I'm loving it. Fantastic piece of kit.
Apple don't have the best reputation for great decisions on new products right now, so I thought I would get one before they're possibly ruined :lol:

I don't really mind, I got it for 100 pounds less than Apple's price so can't complain :)

Glad to be part of the club! Bought this laptop to have a crack at music production and have always wanted one. I'd love to have an iMac eventually too. Apple just make the most stunning designs :drool:

Selling my (2) XDJ1000's, and purchasing (2) CDJ2000NXS2.
@gtuned

Main-Image-1204x642.jpg

mouthpiece_zpsyp0xvbjf.jpg

Gumshield, gives me something to bite on when I do very heavy lifts.
Recently when I did heavy deadlifts I bit so hard a tooth crumbled. It also feels very comfortable and makes me stronger, biting down hard when you lift something is like clenching your hand to a fist, it makes you stronger.

mouthpiece_zpsyp0xvbjf.jpg

Gumshield, gives me something to bite on when I do very heavy lifts.
Recently when I did heavy deadlifts I bit so hard a tooth crumbled. It also feels very comfortable and makes me stronger, biting down hard when you lift something is like clenching your hand to a fist, it makes you stronger.

I bought one of those to avoid street fights when I was a kid. People certainly becomes lot less enthusiastic about violence when they see somebody pop in a gum shield before they have a brawl.

I recently replaced my 9" Android tablet with a Nextbook Windows 10, 9" tablet/laptop. I had spent all of Amazon Prime day looking, but nothing caught my eye so I decided to head to Walmart.com and there it was.

I was a little worried because it only has one gigabyte of ram. But it was on sale at Wal-Mart for only $88, and if I didn't like it I could easily return it to my local Wal-Mart.
nextbook-flexx-cheap-windows-10-tablet.jpg

Well I didn't return it, in fact I love it. It is so much faster than my old Android, and in fact it starts up faster than my W10 laptop. I haven't installed much on it though, I mostly use it like I did my old tablet. I browse the web and it will be great for watching videos on my next flight.
I am so happy with this purchase. Oh, and did I mention, it cost $88!
IF, you did happen to return it, just remember that Walmart now has a 15-day return policy for any product with a hard drive.

I bought one of those to avoid street fights when I was a kid. People certainly becomes lot less enthusiastic about violence when they see somebody pop in a gum shield before they have a brawl.
LOL sounds like you were one badass scrapper kid. Did you grow up in London? That would explain a lot of things. :D

Yeah I was doing 500lbs / 230kg and when I started the weight from the floor I bit down hard enough to make a tooth break into three pieces. I noticed something was not right when I touched my tooth with my tongue and it was weirdly shaped and sharp. Then it started to hurt.

I still finished the other half of my workout though. Only death could stop me from completing my workout. Especially dead lift day. :sly:

LOL sounds like you were one badass scrapper kid. Did you grow up in London? That would explain a lot of things. :D

My friends and I were targeted by a lot of older gangs when we were kids so we started using the gum shields as a deterant hoping that using them would put off 'bigger boys' from giving us hassle. Didn't always work though. We were probably about 16 before we stopped getting crap from older kids.

I did grow up in London suburbs, which is probably why I hate the place.

81voCFXxblL._SL1500_.jpg

Also:
714oM1rzPYL._SL1000_.jpg

Want to see if these are any good. I'm extremely picky about these sorts of things, so if there's any problems with glare or distance throw they'll go back and I'll either try a different design or probably just get HIR1s instead.

I'm taking my cousins kid to this (It's both his Birthday and Christmas present).

SUNDAY!.JPG

It's probably going to be the only time I go to the new stadium as I find football boring and the seats are insanely priced. Here is where the seats are in relation to the action (The green part is where the handegg field is).

whereweat.JPG

20160913_220943.jpg

A Dell Optiplex 9010 from the campus surplus sale for $200.

It's sporting an i7 3770, 240GB SSD, 8GB of RAM, DVD burner and a Dell P2210 22" monitor.

And much to my surprise as computers from the auction aren't supposed to come with an OS, it's got Win7 on it. :dopey:

TB
View attachment 585273

It's sporting an i7 3770, 240GB SSD, 8GB of RAM, DVD burner and a Dell P2210 22" monitor.

And much to my surprise as computers from the auction aren't supposed to come with an OS, it's got Win7 on it. :dopey:

Careful what version, my campus surplus computer came with 32 bit on a 64 capable processor, but maybe my college is just wacky.

TB
View attachment 585273

We have those at my school! Very Nice Computers for the Price!

TB
View attachment 585273

Will make a good compact gaming PC if you decide to add a decent low profile graphics card, shouldn't be too long now until a Nvidia Pascal based based low profile gaming graphics card is released.

Bought a GTX 1060 recently:

GTX 1060.jpg

Ordered some new waterproof/insulated work boots to replace the well worn boots I have now.

1676425-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

(I got non-steel toe, but they look the same)

Ordered some new waterproof/insulated work boots to replace the well worn boots I have now.

1676425-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

(I got non-steel toe, but they look the same)

Hopefully you have better luck than I did with Cat boots. The inner-lining on the back wore away after only a couple months and it hurt like hell.

Hopefully you have better luck than I did with Cat boots. The inner-lining on the back wore away after only a couple months and it hurt like hell.

This will be my first pair of CAT brand boots. There is a store near me that sells them, but all they have are safety toe (steel/composite) and I didn't need that. They did seem comfortable and pretty good quality though, so I hope they will last. They also cost less then the Redwing, Keen, etc. that I looked at.

I will mainly use them for clearing snow and yard work, so I won't be a heavy user or using them every day. If I get 5+ years out of them I'll be happy. Thanks for the warning though. 👍

Latest Posts

Back