Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,674 comments
That time of year again.
COTA.jpg

Instead of renting a cello for my son for $500/9 months, we decided to buy one for $1,300 instead.

7nOsqwh.jpg

It should be here in about 2 weeks.

Also, the other kid wanted to go to Gamestop to look for Super Nintendo games. We came home with this, instead.

TT6uZUl.jpg

@TB - Good call. I remember my mom bought me a clarinet for middle school instead of renting it. It was a rare instance of sound financial sense for her ( :P ), as it not only covered my music classes, but also my sisters, and it was sold off for pretty much what she paid 5 years later. Handy. 👍

We went out today to go clothing shopping and proceeded to buy almost no clothes. I bought a scale, since it was massively cheap ($15), and was promptly massively disappointed when I tried it out at home. :(

It makes this purchase all the less enjoyable, really:

upload_2016-9-4_1-10-57.png

Salt and Vinegar. Times three.

upload_2016-9-4_1-12-16.png

For when I run, instead of either holding my phone, or tucking it awkwardly inside my waistband.

Oh yeah, and some socks and undergarments. I'll leave that last one up to the readers' imagination, for better or worse.

Last edited:
TB
They have sucks stores in Canada? :P

If the visit to the mall is any indicator, we have more than you'd expect!

:crazy:

Bought a bottle of red too, but it's already gone, so that doesn't count, right?

Was en route up north to a school hockey tournament when we stopped for a break. Noticed an old antique store so I decided to pop in and have a look around. Stumbled upon this for $5 and couldn't say no, much to the disbelief of my teachers and teammates...

IMG_4707[1].JPG

Sounds sweet. Now I need to buy more. :dopey:

Just ordered:
I almost went for a Session but the lack of an exchangeable battery put me off. Great for the price otherwise and I might still pick one up further down the line as a second angle camera.

I almost went for a Session but the lack of an exchangeable battery put me off. Great for the price otherwise and I might still pick one up further down the line as a second angle camera.

I read that it'll get a bit over an hour and a half at decent quality which would be enough for my journeys and for other things I'd just use it as and when for short clips. The only problem I can see is that my iOS is too outdated to run the GoPro app but I'm sure I can't week the settings via a laptop.

I'll probably use it mostly on my helmet just for insurance reasons. It's a lot cheaper than a regular GoPro too.

@TB Damn, I do love the sound of the cello a nice mix of lows and highs.

I got a 10m HDMI cable for that HTPC as it is not being put near the TV but across the room

Mmmmm...
japan_nik10.jpg

Haven't popped the Nikka yet (saving that for the weekend) but the ultra pale Mackmyra is a very light and citrusy drinker, reminds me of a Speyside.

I dare you to pour a glass of that Nikka without spilling 20% of it.

It is nice though ;)

SVX
What improvements are you expecting to get?

If the mod I did previously is any indication: more bass, but in a very good way. And since these are still open, unlike my NVX pads I can only imagine an even wider soundstage.

Maybe. We'll see.

If the mod I did previously is any indication: more bass, but in a very good way. And since these are still open, unlike my NVX pads I can only imagine an even wider soundstage.

Maybe. We'll see.

I'm still wondering if I should get a pair of SHP9500s and mod them, or just get a closed set straight from the get go.

Back