Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,674 comments
Went out to grab something else, but nabbed these two things instead:

image.jpeg

Happened into EB and saw Battlefront on as a daily deal. Noticed that while the Deluxe Edition wasn't on display, the website had it listed at an identical price. Asked for it, and received!

Now to plow through 14 GB of updates...

Had a random desire to play some older NES, SNES and Gameboy games I used to play as a kid so I picked up a 3DS. I used to be a huge Zelda fan so this version made sense to get.

81jQ-NFDp8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I got a new CPAP yesterday. I was just calling for a new mask and they noticed I had an 8-year-old machine. They have a life expectancy of five years and so it was fully covered by insurance.

I'm trying to decide if my old one was out of calibration or if the new one just has enough new tech to be that much better. It recognizes when I exhale and lowers pressure to match and can auto adjust the humidity, as well as detect if I have air leaking somewhere. It can also track sleep habits and syncs with an app on my phone via Bluetooth. If necessary I can even add on a WiFi card so my doctors can monitor my apnea. Whether it's the new tech, my old machine just being old, or a combination, I slept much better last night than I have in a while.

image.jpeg

Had a random desire to play some older NES, SNES and Gameboy games I used to play as a kid so I picked up a 3DS. I used to be a huge Zelda fan so this version made sense to get.

81jQ-NFDp8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Whelp, I got duped (or didn't do enough research). This 3DS doesn't play SNES games! I found that out after already opening the thing and trying to download Earthbound. Turns out only the ridiculously named "New" 3DS can play SNES games, so I got the Hyrule Edition version and will have to try to sell the other one and take a hit. Shame too, I like the simple tri-force design better.

3max.jpg

Tut tut @SPhilli911 you should always do your homework before buying :P
I should have, but here is the thing about that. The official Nintendo Store website does not clearly say that SNES virtual console games are only for the "New" 3DS (at least not while browsing the website on a phone). They lump all versions of the 3DS into one filter, so the SNES games will appear no matter what, so I was led to believe (or assume) that this meant that these games were available on the previous 3DS. I have to wonder why they couldn't make SNES game playable on the "old" 3DS? Isn't the hardware identical? And why can I play Gameboy Advance games on the Wii U and not the 3DS?

Not only that, but who thought that adding "New" to the console name would easily differentiate it from the previous version? Add a new button and call it new! Then again this is the same company that thought Wii U would be a good name for the Wii successor when instead it confused many into thinking it was just an add-on to the Wii.

Sorry to rant! Sometimes I get bored at work.

I have to wonder why they couldn't make SNES game playable on the "old" 3DS? Isn't the hardware identical? And why can I play Gameboy Advance games on the Wii U and not the 3DS?

Selling point.

The old one has the power to emulate a SNES system.

Selling point.

The old one has the power to emulate a SNES system.
For sure. Nintendo knows how to get people to buy all their consoles, especially if you want to replay some of the older games. It's a real shame for those who like to have all their games in one place. Want original Gameboy games? You can only get them on the 3DS. Advance games? Only Wii U. Here is one that doesn't make sense: You want original DS games, well they're only on the Wii U not the 3DS. What? I understand hardware limitations, but you would think the Wii U could handle everything and 3DS can handle DS games.

IMG_20160825_190603365.jpg

Only took a long time. Not the bundle I wanted (I really wanted one without a game, just the system and accessories) but I couldn't say no when they dropped the price + a $50 off coupon from the GameStop rewards thingy...

Doubt I'll even touch Black Ops 3, buuuuut No Man's Sky is my new favorite game. Picking up Asseto Corsa today as well.

Does it come with built in games, @Dennisch?

Yup. 30 of them.

• Balloon Fight
  • Bubble Bobble
  • Castlevania
  • Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Double Dragon 2: The Revenge
  • Dr. Mario
  • Excitebike
  • Final Fantasy
  • Galaga