Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,591 comments
Needed a new phone and wanted one of these for a while. Flip 6 in mint.

Color-Selection_Mint-MO.jpg

Needed a new case for going on holiday at the end of the month , got this in TK Maxx today. I liked it cos of the logo and thought it would be easy to spot in luggage retrieval.
Edit the colour will stand out I mean.

Attachments

• IMG_2318.jpeg
    IMG_2318.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Oh hey, a new Pixel dropped today:
1723576077986.png

I opted for the Pro this time around since work is giving me more of a credit to buy a phone. Plus, it came with $200 in Google Store credit, so with the trade-in I should be able to upgrade my Pixel Water 2 to a 3.

Todays arrivals in the back row still packaged, and the front row arrived earlier this week and have all been run in ready for track use.

20240815_150239.jpg

And three of these for storage of my very rapidly growing collection.

20240815_150658.jpg

20240815_150412.jpg

Todays arrivals in the back row still packaged, and the front row arrived earlier this week and have all been run in ready for track use.
Oh man. I loved how Scalextric just whacked V8 Supercar liveries on Thunderbirds and Skylines to look make them look the part (well kind of). :lol: It would almost be a shame to crack open the Valvoline one, the packaging is so nostalgic. Pretty sure I had that one back in the day. Might even having it laying around here somewhere.

Your collection is shaping up nicely. 👍

Oh man. I loved how Scalextric just whacked V8 Supercar liveries on Thunderbirds and Skylines to look make them look the part (well kind of). :lol:
Scalextric cars are actually pretty accurate compared to the generic HO ones from AFX and Life Like. But yeah, to your point...

20240816_152843.jpg

:lol: Exactly the same shell, as are the Life Like Supercars with the NASCAR variants, but they're getting much better now.
It would almost be a shame to crack open the Valvoline one, the packaging is so nostalgic. Pretty sure I had that one back in the day. Might even having it laying around here somewhere.
The Glen Seton one was in the packaging like that Steven Richards one earlier this week, and I have a Dick Johnson one still packaged on it's way from America... but they're not very fast in the packaging. ;)

Crazy prices for them over in America :crazy:. I had one place offer to sell me a few from the series all at the low, low price of $200 AUD shipped...each! :eek: And that was marked down from their normally even higher price.

I bought the Richo one (shipped) for nearly $10 less than the shipping they were wanting to charge me. It's amazing, I've seen shipping form as low as $10 up to $65 AUD for the same (very small) items.
Your collection is shaping up nicely. 👍

Perhaps she's right :embarrassed::guilty:

20240816_161217.jpg

These are since January... and there's six more to be delivered yet :dopey:

20240816_161249.jpg

20240816_161339.jpg

20240816_161403.jpg

20240816_161413.jpg

Last edited:
I lost a chunk of change leraning to play Mahjong, despite gambling being illeagal in China.

Are you going to get a fancy table to play it on?

I don't even know if I could summon 4 friends to play a game. Or 1. Hopefully you have some participants.
I don't have anyone to play with IRL unfortunately... similar to the Go board that I bought several years ago, this is mainly ornamental. But unlike the Go board, I could foresee it eventually finding actual use.

No fancy table, but if I were to somehow stumble across a winning lotto ticket, one of those automatic shuffling tables would be pretty cool.

I don't have anyone to play with IRL unfortunately... similar to the Go board that I bought several years ago, this is mainly ornamental. But unlike the Go board, I could foresee it eventually finding actual use.
It sounds like many of the RPG adventure that I write. Expecing to play, but never finding the players.

IMG_4924.jpeg

~ $250 worth of lumber and hardware for a 20’ planter box I just finished…sorta. My plan is to condense my other boxes (all in various states of disrepair) - into (1) big one. The big advantage of this location within my backyard, is that it’s south-facing…so it gets sun all day.

Other than not having my dad to help correct my carpentry mistakes on this particular project, my biggest hurdle was keeping it plumb despite a -2degrees angle of repose that my backyard typically represents.

My plan is to face it along the concrete with some sort of brick…but I’m not exactly sold on that idea either. We shall see what I come up with. Was gonna move my potato crop back here…but alas, I think I’ll keep it in my front yard - as they tend to need a bit of real estate

Oh yeah…

That’s my alpha “Luna” already guarding against crop predators. And yes…I hate the color and texture of my stucco too 😂

Last edited:
Omega x Swatch 'Mission to Mercury' Speedmaster MoonSwatch.

I'd seen and really liked pictures of this series, but had only up until last night seen some of the more lairier coloured MoonSwatches in the flesh, which in typical and unsurprisingly Swatch fashion, appeared a bit too plasticky. This one and the Mission to the Moon are the ones nearest to a full fat Omega Speedmaster Chronograph in looks, but when i saw them close up the body of the Mission to the Moon is a much paler grey then it appears in official photos - which make it look closer to the bare steel of the real deal, but actually makes it look cheap IRL.

I perhaps went a bit safe with this colour in retrospect. I just hope it doesn't lead me to start collecting them!

IMG_1424.jpg

Last edited:
October's set, I've locked in my pre-orders for Silent Hill 2 Remake and Metaphor: ReFantazio.

Silent Hill 2.jpg
Metaphor ReFantazio.jpg

I also picked up a few games on sale, namely Ys VIII and Like a Dragon: Ishin.... and I grabbed the $10 tier of the Resident Evil Humble Bundle that's currently going, since I still needed Revelations 2. Getting Steam copies of a few games I already own (REmake, RE0, OG RE4, and RE6) is a nice bonus at that price, too.

Omega x Swatch 'Mission to Mercury' Speedmaster MoonSwatch.

I'd seen and really liked pictures of this series, but had only up until last night seen some of the more lairier coloured MoonSwatches in the flesh, which in typical and unsurprisingly Swatch fashion, appeared a bit too plasticky. This one and the Mission to the Moon are the ones nearest to a full fat Omega Speedmaster Chronograph in looks, but when i saw them close up the body of the Mission to the Moon is a much paler grey then it appears in official photos - which make it look closer to the bare steel of the real deal, but actually makes it look cheap IRL.

I perhaps went a bit safe with this colour in retrospect. I just hope it doesn't lead me to start collecting them!

View attachment 1382788

I have been looking for a watch like this actually. I want something sporty that I can wear every day and not really something too dressy.

I have been looking for a watch like this actually. I want something sporty that I can wear every day and not really something too dressy.
For something which is full-fat chronograph in size, it's really light on the wrist - almost to the point where you feel cheated by what you paid for it. But on the upside its lack of weight and the kind of strap makes it super comfy. Its got a classic recognisable look to it, but the materials are much more casual. I've not worn it in anger yet but i imagine it would fit in for everyday use but wouldn't look out of place at something a bit more formal.

As i mentioned above, i've only worn it around the house so far, but i do worry that the strap may age and wear quite quickly. Its an expensive appearing tightly woven nylon(?) on the inside and where it attaches to the case with a long strip of velcro on the outside. Velcro can quickly pick up hairs and debris and as it essentially loops around and folds over itself when worn, the part where it loops i would imagine will crease quite quickly and maybe split or fray? - So i might look into buying a spare strap (if they are available from Swatch) or one of the 3rd-party replacement straps available, some of which echo the straps issued to the moonlanding-era astronaut's Speedmasters - which were designed to be adjustable enough to fit over a space suit as well as a regular wrist. Omega themselves sell them, for the genuine Speedmasters, which aside from a metal 'loop', look to be made from exactly the same materials as the strap on my Swatch version. Omega charges £200 for these - which is more than 4/5 the price of the Swatch watch as a whole!

Last edited:
Back