Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,595 comments
I simply don't have enough Verstappens.

View attachment 1383873View attachment 1383874
Bburago models have really improved in recent years... and I got this on Saturday:

62E0B6CA-3871-4062-9574-6A33A84A7BD4.jpeg

I saw (and touched :embarrassed:) this very car in Spa last summer. This 1:43 scale model was £22, and it comes in a beautiful little display case, and the model itself is fantastic. I went for lunch with my sister today and there was an F8 Tributo parked outside as I showed her my model, and then a few seconds later Richard Osman (UK TV presenter, of which I'm a massive fan) walked past with his wife - so quite a bizarrely brilliant few minutes, the best I've ever had in a Wetherspoons by a long way :lol:

All I need to do now is to buy an actual 296 GT3 and start my own racing team with it, but one step at a time.

Last edited:
Been a little bit since I’ve posted here. Here’s a couple of things I’ve picked up recently.
IMG_1260.jpeg

A set of Koss QZ99 to pair with my radio scanner I take to NASCAR races.
IMG_1321.jpeg

Speaking of NASCAR races, going to the Southern 500 for my 4th year in a row.
IMG_1280.jpegIMG_1281.jpeg
New wallet from MyLittleTies on Twitter.
IMG_1285.jpeg

And book.

Last edited:
I've not worn it in anger yet but i imagine it would fit in for everyday use but wouldn't look out of place at something a bit more formal.
Being able to dress up or down Speedmasters has always been one of their strong suits.

You can virtually put any strap on them and they look great. I quite like the collaboration between Swatch and Omega here*, I've heard some people say it cheapens the Omega brand but I don't see it that way. I see it as opening up a whole new possible market in the future if someone then wants to stump up for an Omega.

I quite like the Swatch-Blancpain Fifty Fathoms collection and have toyed with the idea of getting one.

*Omega is part of the Swatch group anyway.

when you spend a fortune on the wife for Christmas…

View attachment 1385093
View attachment 1385094

Also picked up a new bed for the Cat.

View attachment 1385097
Unsolicited pro tip: If you ever want to surprise the wife with some good perfumes but have a hard time figuring what she’ll like, search the perfumes she currently wears on Fragrantica (Website/Forum dedicated to perfumes).

It has all the notes of each perfume broken down in detail with reviews. That way you can get an idea of what sort of scents she leans towards and buy similar fragrances or at least something in the realm of her preference. :D

Had to ring up Corsair for a replacement 24-pin connector because my 3.3V, 5V and 12V readings have been...alarming. Also, bending/flexing a brand new cable is 🤬. With a capital "F" :lol:

51V3LhjxHqL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Oh, and I picked up a year's worth of these:

s-l500.jpg

Not my picture. I snagged the last two from Target.

Dexters Laboratory Laughing GIF

Unsolicited pro tip: If you ever want to surprise the wife with some good perfumes but have a hard time figuring what she’ll like, search the perfumes she currently wears on Fragrantica (Website/Forum dedicated to perfumes).

It has all the notes of each perfume broken down in detail with reviews. That way you can get an idea of what sort of scents she leans towards and buy similar fragrances or at least something in the realm of her preference. :D
I've use that site but instead of for @Sprite's wife, I used it for me.

Then decided to stick with Obsession, anyway. :lol:

@Hollow thanks for the link. 👍

Luckily the wife is easy to buy for when it comes to fragrance. No. 5 and that’s it. However I’ve taken a chance on the “L’eau” version. She knows she’s getting a bottle of the regular as she asked for it. It’s just so expensive now £226 for a 200ml bottle, that’s a £26 increase in two years!

@TB I’m a fan of Obsession too, however, I’m a big fan of Antaeus for that deep smokey and woody edge. I also rotate bottles of Égoïste, Pour Monsure & Coromandel along with Antaeus. I also have a small bottle of pure Oud Oil from Saudi which a friend picked up for me while on Hajj.

Old Spice all the way for me.
I used to wear this as a kid. My mum told me my Grandad only wore it, so that’s what I wanted to do imitating him.

I think it’s because I never met him as he died long before I was born, but I was proud of him serving in the Navy.

I used to wear this as a kid. My mum told me my Grandad only wore it, so that’s what I wanted to do imitating him.

I think it’s because I never met him as he died long before I was born, but I was proud of him serving in the Navy.
I still get old spice sent to me for Xmas each year from the uk. It’s not widely available here.

I mix it with IPA and use it as under-arm deo in the mornings.

I’ve got 4 full bottles still. I guarantee my nan will send me another one this year. No complaints though, I love it.

Got a corn peeler after seeing some auntie making esquites in a youtube short with the same tool...

61pLDpNdbXL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

This thing is sharp as hell though at the leading edge. Super dangerous to just keep in a drawer hahaha. I'm kind of afraid to cut my thumb off when I go to use it. One of my favorite things to do recently is to make a smoked corn veloute to serve with cod or with a shellfish boil. This should give me more corn yield as long as I don't lose a finger :lol:

edit: Found it!

Last edited:
TB
Rachio 3 12 zone smart sprinkler controller

1721351566199.png
Now that I've had the Rachio for a full month, I was curios as to how much it's saved me so far. Keep in mind these are a complete guess as to some of the numbers but should be accurate enough for this exercise.

I have four zones that each have four rotor heads. Average GMP x head quantity x run time = about 300 gallons/zone/watering session.

I have three zones with about 13 spray heads. Average GPM x head quantity x run time = 300 gallons/zone/watering session.

I have one zone with about 100 drip heads. Average GPM x head quantity x run time = 150 gallons.

Total comes out to 2,250 gallons. The email I receive when it's not going to water says 2,700 gallons but we'll use my more conservative number.

It waters every odd day.

My cost for water is $4.90/1,000 gallons, or $11 per session.

The controller proactively (it hadn't started raining yet but it was going to) didn't water 5 days this month, saving over 10,000 gallons of water and $55.

The controller cost me $130, so it's over 1/3 paid for itself already.

In the first month. :eek:

I got one of those cheapo wireless flossers. They are nowhere near as strong as a proper waterpik that you hook to the sink. Not even close to the chinese pump units with the reservoir and little tethered spray wands either. I dumped my old $30 reservoir model because I couldn't get the mildew smell off the coiled wand tubing. It was only on the exterior where it coiled up for storage, but having to hit it with bleach spray almost every time I used it was tedious. Still doesn't replace proper flossing. I use the handheld one I have now just to help dislodge the occasional tonsil stone.

I got one of those cheapo wireless flossers. They are nowhere near as strong as a proper waterpik that you hook to the sink. Not even close to the chinese pump units with the reservoir and little tethered spray wands either. I dumped my old $30 reservoir model because I couldn't get the mildew smell off the coiled wand tubing. It was only on the exterior where it coiled up for storage, but having to hit it with bleach spray almost every time I used it was tedious. Still doesn't replace proper flossing. I use the handheld one I have now just to help dislodge the occasional tonsil stone.
Yeah, I read that when it comes to water flossers that Waterpik is generally the brand to go with. And obviously normal flossing is better again. Just hate flossing because I always feel like its going to pull a bit of tooth out and it makes my gums bleed (which I realize is caused by not flossing enough). For $40 though, figured this was worth a try. Might switch to a Waterpik or something better down the line.

Last edited:
TB
My wife booked a week for 5 of us at an all inclusive resort in Punta Cana in January. Gotta get in beach shape now. :lol:

View attachment 1386173
I'm on vacation next week myself and I have a room booked in Miami. I made the reservation back in April but according to all of the weather websites, etc. I've looked at, all of South Florida is supposed to be covered in rain all next week so I've got until this Friday to cancel it. I'm not driving 14 hours to sit and spend a week in a hotel room watching it rain.

I'm on vacation next week myself and I have a room booked in Miami. I made the reservation back in April but according to all of the weather websites, etc. I've looked at, all of South Florida is supposed to be covered in rain all next week so I've got until this Friday to cancel it. I'm not driving 14 hours to sit and spend a week in a hotel room watching it rain.
Become and honorary Brit and just lay on the beach in the rain. Nothing will stop us from getting some beach time. :lol:

I've been doing model cars while sitting on conference calls because I need to keep occupied. I've mostly been doing cheap kits I get at Hobby Lobby since there's one in town and it makes it easier. However, those MPC and Revell kits aren't all that good most of the time. I figured I'd see what the fuss is all about with the Japanese kits so I bought these three:

1725376959082.png

1725376988152.png

1725377027465.png

Back