Show Your Drift Cars

• Thread starter Roors
  • 9,360 comments
The words of a s-chassis lover right? 300zx's are prob the most underappreciated nissan model ever..and its quite a shame, for all those burgeoning drifters out there who claim there's no good drift cars to buy that aren't beaten all to hell or horribly overpriced are missing out on a wealth of untapped potential that may require more skill and elbow grease than an s chassis,ae86 ,or rx7(all built specifically to be excellent handling cars from the ground up), but can be had for less(na z31 and z32s are dirt cheap), and provide its owners w/ the satisfaction that their car doesn't necessarily fit the mold for what is considered a drift car....can you tell I'm a rl 300zx owner? 1986 z31T to be specific, and I wouldn't trade it for an s chassis unless it were an s14 or s15 with an rb or sr swap, and even then id be reluctant to do so cause id be just like every other sheep out there...

There might be 2 or 3 serious 300ZX tuned for drifting purpose and most of them suck or aren't as competitive as others, go figure.

There might be 2 or 3 serious 300ZX tuned for drifting purpose and most of them suck or aren't as competitive as others, go figure.

and there's prob at least legions of s-chassis tuned for drifting purpose that suck or aren't as competitive as other cars because they have crappy drivers, or sponsors more interested in making corporate billboards to capture the gen-Y dollars, then putting work and effort into something that may not have as many aftermarket parts readily avail...

crap, if RUF's could be had for $1500US and could be modified with readily avail and reasonably priced parts, as well as the production volume of s-chassis' what do you think would happen?

picture to stay on topic...:sly:
AristoV300.jpg

S chassis stuff is the main base of drift cars due to the sport starting out with those cars , and over time parts have been developed for there platforms ;)

S chassis stuff is the main base of drift cars due to the sport starting out with those cars , and over time parts have been developed for there platforms ;)

2010-12-27125913-1.jpg

In the words of Wu-Tang Financial, "Ya'll need to diversify ya'lls bonds b******."

S-chassis are damn near purpose built drifters stock, no wonder! The point of drifting is to challenge oneself; against an opponent, against the clock, or simply against the course itself and in some cases against the car(just about every drift is a hair away from a fishtail if you're doing it right)...You know who i respect in a gunfight? the guy who opts to shank people left and right w/a knife instead...yeah it might be harder for him, but he is the one who shows his true skill when all his opponents are dead; if you're the last one standing w/ a gun, all it means is that you have halfway decent aim, nothing more...

2010-12-27125913-1.jpg

In the words of Wu-Tang Financial, "Ya'll need to diversify ya'lls bonds b******."

S-chassis are damn near purpose built drifters stock, no wonder!

LoL take a stock S14 and try to drift it, then come back and say again that S-chassis are pupose built drift cars stock...

Warren4649
LoL take a stock S14 and try to drift it, then come back and say again that S-chassis are pupose built drift cars stock...

Hence the "damn near"..but I stand by my words..what more does a s14 need to drift then some decent springs/coilovers and a welded diff/lsd? I can make a decent drift car For about $2500 for the car, and maybe $1000 in simple mods and I can attain the parts I want from the comfort of my home in about 7 business days max...so now for $3500 you have a car that has the basics needed to drift...I mean you can argue for roll cages and suspension components and bushings and such, but for $1k or less above the purchase price of the 240 it is more than capable of drifting naturally....now I guess if you have that "Formula D, my hp d*** is bigger than yours", mindset than a stock s14 isn't much..but to a grassroots drifter(for whom I have much more respect when it comes to drifting in general) it is half of the work done for them...

2010-12-27125913-1.jpg

S-chassis are damn near purpose built drifters stock, no wonder! The point of drifting is to challenge oneself; against an opponent, against the clock, or simply against the course itself and in some cases against the car(just about every drift is a hair away from a fishtail if you're doing it right)...You know who i respect in a gunfight? the guy who opts to shank people left and right w/a knife instead...yeah it might be harder for him, but he is the one who shows his true skill when all his opponents are dead; if you're the last one standing w/ a gun, all it means is that you have halfway decent aim, nothing more...

Thats the stupidest post ive on GTP this week!!

Hence the "damn near"..but I stand by my words..what more does a s14 need to drift then some decent springs/coilovers and a welded diff/lsd? I can make a decent drift car For about $2500 for the car, and maybe $1000 in simple mods and I can attain the parts I want from the comfort of my home in about 7 business days max...so now for $3500 you have a car that has the basics needed to drift...I mean you can argue for roll cages and suspension components and bushings and such, but for $1k or less above the purchase price of the 240 it is more than capable of drifting naturally....now I guess if you have that "Formula D, my hp d*** is bigger than yours", mindset than a stock s14 isn't much..but to a grassroots drifter(for whom I have much more respect when it comes to drifting in general) it is half of the work done for them...

Are you 13yo? If yes then I understand why you're so clueless.
S14 purpose wasn't conceived for drifting (and this apply to any popular drift car even AE86's). In Europe most S14 were driven by women, they had big heavy leather seats, honestly in stock form they're more suitable for highway cruising than drifting (suspension is awfull).
The only reason why S-chassis are popular for drifting is that this was one of the only car available at the moment, it was relatively cheap and fairly light (compared to a JZX or a C33).

Thats a nice M5!!!

S13s, S14s and S15s are the easiest car in the world to drift even as standard!

Even the majority of drift S-bodies just have a welded diff, coilovers, extra lock, polybushes or locking collars etc and a few adjustable links

As standard the viscous diff is abit of a pain alright at times to keep a drift going but its definitely not a car that really needs much changed to drift.

I don't like S-bodies though as everybody uses them hence I use a BMW in real life and never really use one in GT5...
Well there's also the fact that I refuse to throw money at a bottomless pit in the shape of an SR20 that still sounds like a tractor :P

An S15 with a 1JZ or 1uzfe and I could be swayed though I suppose

Thats a nice M5!!!

S13s, S14s and S15s are the easiest car in the world to drift even as standard!

Even the majority of drift S-bodies just have a welded diff, coilovers, extra lock, polybushes or locking collars etc and a few adjustable links

Yea, so they're not stock. The "they're purpose built drift cars from factory" argument is not true.
SR20DET sounds good, SR20VET even better, but it can't beat the sound of a turbocharged L6... (especially a 1/2JZ)

No car is a purpose built drift car from the factory as sliding around isn't natural for a car and is really the complete opposite of how the car is intended to handle when its being designed for a mass production road car.

I was just disagreeing with the "Take a stock S14 and try drift it and come back to me" point that was made as they are really quite easy to drift compared to the majority of other cars on the road.

You can make them alot better with lots of work obviously but to be honest, you can make any car drift reasonably well if you put enough time and thought into it, its just some lend themselves to drifting with a little less thought than others :)

Warren4649
Are you 13yo? If yes then I understand why you're so clueless.
S14 purpose wasn't conceived for drifting (and this apply to any popular drift car even AE86's). In Europe most S14 were driven by women, they had big heavy leather seats, honestly in stock form they're more suitable for highway cruising than drifting (suspension is awfull).
The only reason why S-chassis are popular for drifting is that this was one of the only car available at the moment, it was relatively cheap and fairly light (compared to a JZX or a C33).

You're 1/2 way there on my age...and what makes me clueless? I never said nissan intended for the s-chassis to be drifters in the 1st place...but perhaps you can clarify where I'm wrong in stating that the aforementioned minimal mods were all that was necessary to drift a s chassis...regardless of intention, how the cars were manufactured was conducive to the needs of a drifter, more so than other chassis,...simply put, if you start out w/ an s chassis, an ebay acct and a credit card will turn your car into something that can be very competitive provided you're a decent driver...and I take it by your comments regarding the demographic of s14 drivers in europe, that you're implying their ease of control is a big attraction for drivers of lesser skill, which I guess would be reiterating what was my original point: that s chassis are inherently easier to start out w/ as a drift chassis..just stating an opinion based upon real world evidence...and don't really appreciate an evaluation of my intelligence based on my percieved age...

You're 1/2 way there on my age...and what makes me clueless? I never said nissan intended for the s-chassis to be drifters in the 1st place...but perhaps you can clarify where I'm wrong in stating that the aforementioned minimal mods were all that was necessary to drift a s chassis...regardless of intention, how the cars were manufactured was conducive to the needs of a drifter, more so than other chassis,...simply put, if you start out w/ an s chassis, an ebay acct and a credit card will turn your car into something that can be very competitive provided you're a decent driver...and I take it by your comments regarding the demographic of s14 drivers in europe, that you're implying their ease of control is a big attraction for drivers of lesser skill, which I guess would be reiterating what was my original point: that s chassis are inherently easier to start out w/ as a drift chassis..just stating an opinion based upon real world evidence...and don't really appreciate an evaluation of my intelligence based on my percieved age...

Replace S-chassis by BMW 3 series, Ford Sierra or any other decent rwd car and it works too.

Replace S-chassis by BMW 3 series, Ford Sierra or any other decent rwd car and it works too.

Bad examples to an American...BMW 3-series may be like a German Honda where you are, but here in the states, while you can obtain one cheaply enough, the parts availibility and pricing are ridiculous, and i know exactly what it is, but what the heck is a Ford Sierra to someone in the US?

Nevermind......i made my point earlier and i tire of this exchange....sorry mods for wasting bandwidth on banter, i'll upload actual pictures later on tonite when i get off work...:indiff:

Lol, hardly anyone drifts with miata's, my reflex purple roadster with pink rims and good specs ( with ballast) allows me to keep up with 500 600 hp cars while i got around 348 lol. A lot underestimate the car buts its pretty fast in small tracks like costum tracks and ARM. Also try the jaguar XKR, M3, 512 Ferrari and all bmw lol. The FT86 is really good as well. Its such a nice car. Around 390 HP. And the sports version is evem better IMO( it has less HP though)

Back