SNAIL Tuning and Team Series - Season 2 Sign-ups Open

• Thread starter Vol Jbolaz
  • 632 comments
I'll take Trial Mountain Circuit and Red color family.

Maybe we should name have team names?

This sounds like the coolest most interactive idea i have heard on GTplanet. I think this is going to be great and can't wait. how many constructors do we have so far?

Tuesdays nights is a good time slot for me Vol. Please add me to a team if there is space. I'm guessing we will not be doing Parity Racing while this series is running? Are we going back to the Parity Racing night? That was a lot of fun, so I hope we go back to it.

This sounds like the coolest most interactive idea i have heard on GTplanet. I think this is going to be great and can't wait. how many constructors do we have so far?

The second post has the constructors and drivers signed up so far.

And I'm glad you like the idea.

Tuesdays nights is a good time slot for me Vol. Please add me to a team if there is space. I'm guessing we will not be doing Parity Racing while this series is running? Are we going back to the Parity Racing night? That was a lot of fun, so I hope we go back to it.

Yes. I have to miss two consecutive Tuesdays at the end of June, so I figured it was a good time to take a break.

If this idea is successful, I imagine we'll need breaks between seasons as teams retool. During those breaks, we'll do some more parity races.

If this isn't successful, then I'll just go back to that.

It seems everyone else is posting their controller setup, so;

Fanatec CSR with Logitech G25 Pedals.

It seems everyone else is posting their controller setup, so;

Fanatec CSR with Logitech G25 Pedals.

Yes, that came up a few posts back. Tuners need to know if they are tuning for wheel or DS3.

I suspect most of us will be on wheels.

I will take High Speed Ring and Green.

EDIT: Oshawa-Joe has agreed to be on my team.

Last edited:
Can I get grayscale? (white/silver/gray/black?)

Also, I suppose it's still a little too early to test and tune?

Otherwise, understood about the 86 concept thing... I just saw the mat black and got sidetracked... "Oh, *NOT* shiny thing!"

I will take High Speed Ring and Green.

EDIT: Oshawa-Joe has agreed to be on my team.

I want to do a draft because I don't want all the good drivers going to the same team.

An alternative is to work on some sort of starting funds and have a auction. The more you pay for good drivers, the less you have for cars. But, since that may be a bit complicated, and we don't have any reference to start from, I say we hold off on that this first season.

Right, could I take Circuito de Madrid (especially the reverse) and grayscale as my team's base/colour schemes?

I use a DFGT. I like the idea of constructors having to buy the racers. If they are in snail you could use their sunday night results as some way to figure individual price. Alternatively once we get all the drivers we could do a one make race and use rank in that race to dertermine driver price.

I figured out a system, we shall do it Hunger Games style

We have 3 different cars from the recommended list that fit all specs, then the owners watch while the drivers do races on many different tracks, we then watch, compare notes and such information and the constructors give each driver an unbiased grade on a scale of 0-12, 0 being hopeless, 12 being perfect. We average those ratings together into a rating that is rounded up to the nearest whole number. This will be the cost of a driver, the average rating. At that point, the constructors will be randomly placed into a snake draft order, you get 15 points to spend on the people.

It doesn't have to be... I anticipate that it'd take about $50,000 to make my RX-7 go fast... So, give people maybe $100,000, and make them post their full builds?

Just an idea, but, I know the first thing I'm buying.

BTW, no racing tires= $100,000 less! Woohooo!

Jahgee, I don't mind having a combine before the draft, if the drivers are available. We could easily do some shuffle racing, or spec racing. Let everyone see us.

And yes, the draft will be snake order. Depending on the turn out, we will have two or three drivers per team.

Any constructor that drives for himself will have to consider himself his first pick.

Oh great, I love a good combine, I tried convincing my gym teacher that we needed one before our Volleyball unit, which is a two week long tournament between 4 teams. I must be OCD or something.

Will the drivers be available on Friday the 15th or 22nd?

Also, so far, all of the drivers are from SNAIL. So you can see them in the SNAIL Results. Some of us are also available in the parity results document.

Are the Constructors allowed to kick about in these Shuffle Races?

That kinda defeats the purpose of it, to put the drivers in equal cars to test their driving ability. Unless you are driving, in which case you are already in the race.

That kinda defeats the purpose of it, to put the drivers in equal cars to test their driving ability. Unless you are driving, in which case you are already in the race.

I would consider running, actually, if I knew that I'd be one member of a large battle; if racing you guys would be an opportunity for me to learn from the driving aspect too. As a driver, I'm worried that I might not be quite as fast as you all are, so I'd like the chance to see if I'm competitive. When I signed up to drive in the ALMS and the Autocrossing, it was a steep learning curve, before I became competitive. So, I'd like to kick about in the shuffle racing just to see where I fit...

Trust me, you are going to be a much faster driver than me. So if you want to tune and drive, you are welcome to.

Honestly, I'm feeling terribly nervous coming up with this idea now. :P I am going to have to really focus on being consistent.

Okay, lots of changes to the first and second posts, so check them out.

All of the drivers that have signed up (so far?) are from SNAIL. So you can see the results of that in the SNAIL results spreadsheet. Still, I will host a non-mandatory evening of at least three 10 to 15 minute races on 8 June. We will run three different cars, one with lots of understeer, one with neutral steering (S2000 maybe), and one with lots of oversteer. These will be run with tuning prohibited. Constructors are welcome to come watch, but I will be posting the replay files in DropBox or something for Constructors to download and re-watch.

I'm hoping we get some more drivers, so I'm still holding off on the draft. Please, share this thread with your friends. :)

I'm hoping we get some more drivers, so I'm still holding off on the draft. Please, share this thread with your friends. :)

June 8th, at which time please? I'll do some driving about, so sign me up as a driver (?) I'm currently using a DS3.

Also, in reference to what I highlighted from your quote, my friend just told me he's looking for some weekday racing... :sly: Consider it done, Vol, consider it done.

I like the first post, Vol. Good job. 👍

Did you get the PM I sent JB?

It isn't coming up on my confirmed messages.

June 8th, at which time please? I'll do some driving about, so sign me up as a driver (?) I'm currently using a DS3.

I like the first post, Vol. Good job. 👍

It will be at the same time we run on Tuesdays: 22:00 Eastern.

Note to all: All Races Will Be in the SNAIL_Division2 lounge. Send a friend request if you haven't already.

So, are you going to tune and drive? And that is perfectly fine, that just means you are driving your own car (along with the rest of your team).

And thank you.

Did you get the PM I sent JB?

It isn't coming up on my confirmed messages.

JB? As in a person? No, I don't have that one.

Back