So what actually constitutes as a penalty in sport mode these days?

• Thread starter D-Max
  • 2 comments
Scotland
Ayrshire
Jimmy281090
Over the past few days I've been doing some sport mode racing. I've mainly kept it between friends but today decided to branch out. But one thing that's really got to me is the weird penalties.

Today at interlagos I was in the middle of turn 6, the uphill right hander and out of nowhere I receive a contact penalty. I watch back the replay and the car that I was alleged to have contact was behind me by a good half car length. I was hit with a 4 second penalty for this!

Then at le mans, I'm taking the porsche curves very narrowly brushing the curb and I receive a 5 second penalty. The offending wheels were on the white/curb with a full 2 wheels still firmly on track.

This absolutely is not a rant, I'm genuinely confused as to what goes and how it works because these have been two ridiculous incidents. Are these just a one off or is this the norm for now with a broken system?

A higher rated driver having any contact with a lower rated driver, that's 100% a penalty to them, regardless who caused the contact. That's the only consistent penalty dished out sadly.

On your penalties, according to most (I haven't raced there yet myself) Le Mans is very strict with track limits, worse than Monza and that is harsh too. Your other penalty sounds like a lag issue, most unfortunate really.

The curbing at Le Mans is super sensitive. I haven't figured out yet where you can and can not go. One thing for sure is that it's different in the Porsche curves than just about anything in GT Sport. I think they just must have made a mistake with it.

Back