Someone needs to create an open letter or petition on change.org

• Thread starter RavenR
  • 23 comments

RavenR

(Banned)
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
It won't be me, because I don't think I have the professionalism required to construct said letter/petition in the right way.

But at this point we need serious action or blow back from the community, this game is a disgrace & it's time to stop pretending otherwise.

When I look at those critic reviews giving it a 10, it's actually embarrassing & shows that these people don't have a clue at all. We're now two months in & there are still BASIC functions that we're missing from this game.

The most INFURIATING part isn't even that though, it's the complete and utter LACK of direct communication available with PD as a community. I'm not sure how many of you guys remember DC Universe, it was an MMO from just over a decade ago.
That game for whatever it was, had one of the best open communication lines between the devs/community teams & the playerbase I've ever seen, better than Bungie.net forums.
They had their own dedicated forums AND their own test servers so that certain players could test out all the updates & give feedback before anything went live for the general public.

There are too many flaws with this game, from the absolutely disgraceful lack of options in custom lobbies (we still can't even alter room/event settings once the lobby is launched for god sake), to the ridiculous understeer post-patch 1.13 for controllers (or maybe for everyone but due to steering lock deficiencies we seem to suffer worse).

I'm just amazed that it can be THIS mediocre of a game, & yet there's NO blowback from the community or demand to communicate with us! How difficult is it to have some kind of dedicated forum, or setup a suggestions/feedback form so we can at least help guide them on what we actually want to see.

There has been blowback from the community for about 15 years asking them to communicate more. Every now and again PD seem to make an effort, create a blog, pretend to take part in a Q&A here, but it lasts about 10 minutes and they return to silence.

They'll never change, not without a huge change in personnel. This is how they work, in silence, without talking to the customers about anything.

What is with people and these petitions? They don't ever go anywhere or do anything.
He didn’t agree with you and so went the easy way to try and offend your pride. I’d tell you to do a petition letter to get him in trouble but…

Be the change you wish to see.

Honestly, I think PD's done an OK job responding to the criticism compared to some other studios out there. Yes, GT7 does still have some pretty big issues but I think PD recognizes that and will likely fix some of them over time. Just how many the fix and how long it takes though is another story altogether.

There's nothing we can do about it other than write/discuss our concerns on social media, between us, and give a bad rating on metacritic.

Last edited:
It won't be me, because I don't think I have the professionalism required to construct said letter/petition in the right way.

But at this point we need serious action or blow back from the community, this game is a disgrace & it's time to stop pretending otherwise.

When I look at those critic reviews giving it a 10, it's actually embarrassing & shows that these people don't have a clue at all. We're now two months in & there are still BASIC functions that we're missing from this game.

The most INFURIATING part isn't even that though, it's the complete and utter LACK of direct communication available with PD as a community. I'm not sure how many of you guys remember DC Universe, it was an MMO from just over a decade ago.
That game for whatever it was, had one of the best open communication lines between the devs/community teams & the playerbase I've ever seen, better than Bungie.net forums.
They had their own dedicated forums AND their own test servers so that certain players could test out all the updates & give feedback before anything went live for the general public.

There are too many flaws with this game, from the absolutely disgraceful lack of options in custom lobbies (we still can't even alter room/event settings once the lobby is launched for god sake), to the ridiculous understeer post-patch 1.13 for controllers (or maybe for everyone but due to steering lock deficiencies we seem to suffer worse).

I'm just amazed that it can be THIS mediocre of a game, & yet there's NO blowback from the community or demand to communicate with us! How difficult is it to have some kind of dedicated forum, or setup a suggestions/feedback form so we can at least help guide them on what we actually want to see.
Maybe PD doesn’t care how people “think” the game should be made, and would rather make how they “think” it should be made? Why do people think they should have a say or control of some type, over someone else project? Like Enzo said, if you want it better, go make it yourself. PD make the games that PD want to make, within the rules/guidelines that Sony sets out for them. No ones forcing anyone to buy or play a game they don’t like.

Last edited:
They've already communicated that they'll be sorting lobbies (hell that was even before the game launched and they've since reiterated this) and adding more content in the coming months along with bug fixes.

What are you wanting? A seat in PD's office to see what they're doing day by day?

Sure, it'd be nice to have news on a more regular basis but if there's nothing new to bring to the table there's no real point and they've been pretty forthcoming with adding more content, fixing MP lobbies and improving them.

They obviously keep an eye on places like here to see what's grating with people.

Chill. Were in there for the long haul.

Last edited:

Just trust Kaz bro!

Last edited:
How unique.. more whining about a game.

Look, we all know there are things wrong with the game. There are things that need to be changed, obvious things that exist or don't that should or shouldn't, and things PD did that angered the community. Most of us also still love the game for what it is, and that is doing what it's supposed to 99% of the time. Be a driving game.

But, you know what? It's a game. It's not "broken", it's not fundamentally unable to be played, the game functions very well for what it is. It has issues, but they didn't sell us an inoperable product. I play it often and it works just fine.

Your issues are with it are minor gripes. Little quality of life details that need to be changed. Things that they have already worked on, and will continue to work on. Things that we have all talked about and seen myriad amounts of time right here on GTP. That you, and others, feel like you need a direct line to PD is laughably ridiculous, and that you would start a petition of all things on change.org, a site made to do actual good for causes that need attention to what... get some little issues sorted out in a video game? Haha... what a sad example of entitlement.

Don't play it if you don't like it. Try to get a refund or something. Don't have any faith in PD doing the exact things they did with Sport, which is continually improve it and add content over the long term. Me, and most others here, will have fun playing what is one of the best car centric video games ever made while looking forward to a vast number of positive changes, new cars, new tracks, and whatever else PD has in the works.

Threads like this one, covering whiny points that have been made ad infinitum in many areas of this site, are sad and well-worn.

So what exactly do you want this petition to say? And are you sure it hasn't already been covered by the 6 other petitions that have been started?

PD recognizes that and will likely fix some of them over time. Just how many the fix and how long it takes though is another story altogether.
Why over time do the fixes well before release day with game testers and if the testers have done their job properly, well GT7 will be in a lot better position than it is now.

Laugh Lol GIF

... and just for good measure ...

Laugh Lol GIF

Back