Spa endurance race dec. 16 - Stock European cars

• Thread starter Jawehawk
  • 233 comments
He ban's people who fail to turn up.

I ban people from my event, when they fail to notify me in any way about not attending an event, that they have signed up for. It's common curtesy to inform the event organizer when you have decided to not show up. and btw, you haven't been reported, as you did manage to inform me about not attending. Even if it was only 30 minutes before the event, and only after I had PM'ed you about it.

My back problems are improving very well and i'm 99,9% sure i'll be able to join this event, so count me in too. Any practise sessions planned coming weeks?

My back problems are improving very well and i'm 99,9% sure i'll be able to join this event, so count me in too. Any practise sessions planned coming weeks?

I'll open up a lobby friday, saturday and sunday. I'll probably host some sessions next week aswell.

Any info on how the cars will be levelled in terms of ability? As that M5 is clearly the one to beat!

So far, people can choose what they want. However, we might decide to exclude(or even add) cars the following weekend. The question is weather the extra weight of the M5 is enough to make it fit into the race.

It might chew through tyres quicker that's true, but it is many seconds quicker for the M3 for example, difficult one to call!

Suppose you could enable a PP limit?

It might chew through tyres quicker that's true, but it is many seconds quicker for the M3 for example, difficult one to call!

Suppose you could enable a PP limit?

No power limiter!!! hate that thing. The M5 will probably be excluded from the race. We'll decide next practice session.

Jawehawk
No power limiter!!! hate that thing. The M5 will probably be excluded from the race. We'll decide next practice session.

As long as my Tamora is allowed I am alright with whatever you chose to change :D

Was only trying to level things up, most of the cars produce different lap times so they are already not *that* close to each other.

My money's on the M5 getting banned. From my experience I expect the C63's traction issues to make it slower than the M3, which is marginally slower than the C8, which is shed loads behind the M5. Not sure about the others, but I think the SL55 is quite quick.

When are you planning to have a test Andy? I'll make it if I can.

Cheers, Z.

I'll open up at practice lobby friday at 18.00GMT. On saturday and sunday I will open the lobbies at 13.00GMT.

And to Frankygt-r. The reason that everything has to be stock, is so the race is 100% dependant on the skill of the drivers. I will probably host some tuned car races in the future, but this one will be for stock cars.

Are anyone interested in a practice session now?

If anyone is interested, then join my privat lounge. I've done a few laps by now, and can say for sure that the BMW M5 is out of the race. It's simply too damn good.

Practice session over. Tested all the cars, and have come to the conclusion that they are all fit for the race(except the M5 of course). mattieM joined in for 2 races. The first was between the Merc C63 driven by Mattie, and the Maserati driven by me. I can't really say who won the 5 lap race, as it ended with both of us driving side by side, trying to let the other finish first :D. The race was pretty damn good though.

The second race was between the M3 and the SLS 55. Be warned, the SLS 55 understeers A LOT! Though it is very quick on the straights(probably the quickest). I hope to see more of you over the course of the upcomming weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. I've done some testing (2 lap race with each car)

Here are my results in order of test.

BMW M3
Lap 1 - 2'45.921
Lap 2 - 2'42.624
Total - 5'28.545

Notes
Very stable car, quite easy to drive, probably a good enduro car.

Mercedes C63 AMG
Lap 1 - 2'45.027
Lap 2 - 2'42.917
Total - 5'27.944

Notes
Very oversteery, over the course of a 2 hour race the tyres will start to deteriorate rapidly!

Alfa Romeo 8C
Lap 1 - 2'45.847
Lap 2 - 2'41.166
Total - 5'27.013

Notes
Understeer to snap oversteer, not great.. It is controlable but will require some effort.

Aston Martin DB9
Lap 1 - 2'44.837
Lap 2 - 2'39.873
Total - 5'23.710

Notes
Very nice car, very stable and nice to drive, have to watch the front tyres tho.

TVR Tamora
Lap 1 - 2'43.041
Lap 2 - 2'40.048
Total - 5'23.109

Notes
On the edge all the time, going to be easy to make mistakes with this. Felt neutral tho through the corners which is good.

Maserati Gran Turismo
Lap 1 - 2'46.161
Lap 2 - 2'43.299
Total - 5'29.460

Notes
It looks fantastic, sounds the same but drives... ****!

Mercedes SL55
Lap 1 - 2'43.516
Lap 2 - 2'40.877
Total - 5'24.395

Notes
This car supprised me, very understeery so tyres are an issue but it was just so planeted and stable, buig and heavy so had to break very soon.

So in order of the fastest total time.

TVR Tamora
Aston Martin DB9
Mercedes SL55
Alfa Romeo 8C
Mercedes 63 AMG
BMW M3
Maserati Gran Turismo

Please dont take these results as gospel, the SL55 had 2 tries as i span off on the first, i also messed up lap 1 in the 8c so im sure they differ a little.

Best of luck picking a winner :)

Last edited:
chrisr1984
Ok. I've done some testing (2 lap race with each car)

Here are my results in order of test.

BMW M3
Lap 1 - 2'45.921
Lap 2 - 2'42.624
Total - 5'28.545

Notes
Very stable car, quite easy to drive, probably a good enduro car.

Mercedes C63 AMG
Lap 1 - 2'45.027
Lap 2 - 2'42.917
Total - 5'27.944

Notes
Very oversteery, over the course of a 2 hour race the tyres will start to deteriorate rapidly!

Alfa Romeo 8C
Lap 1 - 2'45.847
Lap 2 - 2'41.166
Total - 5'27.013

Notes
Understeer to snap oversteer, not great.. It is controlable but will require some effort.

Aston Martin DB9
Lap 1 - 2'44.837
Lap 2 - 2'39.873
Total - 5'23.710

Notes
Very nice car, very stable and nice to drive, have to watch the front tyres tho.

TVR Tamora
Lap 1 - 2'43.041
Lap 2 - 2'40.048
Total - 5'27.109

Notes
On the edge all the time, going to be easy to make mistakes with this. Felt neutral tho through the corners which is good.

Maserati Gran Turismo
Lap 1 - 2'46.161
Lap 2 - 2'43.299
Total - 5'29.460

Notes
It looks fantastic, sounds the same but drives... ****!

Mercedes SL55
Lap 1 - 2'43.516
Lap 2 - 2'40.877
Total - 5'24.395

Notes
This car supprised me, very understeery so tyres are an issue but it was just so planeted and stable, buig and heavy so had to break very soon.

So in order of the fastest total time.

TVR Tamora
Aston Martin DB9
Mercedes SL55
Alfa Romeo 8C
Mercedes 63 AMG
BMW M3
Maserati Gran Turismo

Please dont take these results as gospel, the SL55 had 2 tries as i span off on the first, i also messed up lap 1 in the 8c so im sure they differ a little.

Best of luck picking a winner :)

Looks like I may have already picked a winner :) let's just hope my driving skills are good as the other competitors 👍

Back