Spec II - Master licences

I've just started on these, B2 was annoying I kept stopping miles ahead or right next to the ghost but .006 and .008 off the time.

Finally sussed it with 17.605 replay uploaded if anyone needs it.

The Porsche RS at La Source. I'm really bad at this corner in every sim so it's 100% just a skill issue but I can't figure it out.
You have to really focus on trail braking or coasting so you can get on the power (2nd) super early.

The Porsche RS at La Source. I'm really bad at this corner in every sim so it's 100% just a skill issue but I can't figure it out.
there's no need for skill .....for me, it's just chance for B1, B2 and B6.....
you just need to brake to the exact metre where you need to.....

that's what's so irritating.....:banghead:

I struggled a bit too, but as soon as it came to steering (B7 to B10), I managed quite easily. no direction, control

But I find this series more difficult than the first one.... before, the times required for gold were 0.5" longer than the demonstration time, for this series, it's only 0.2".....

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Last edited:
I am using DS4 with automatic gear and I am stuck at Master Super Licence S-4. Others all done with gold. It is too hard to get gold with controller and auto gear :) but enjoyable for me.

This might be a better place for asking advice than the guide thread.

I gotta ask, how many of you have managed to gold the S10 master test with a Dualsense

The one with the McLaren F1 in Suzuka. It feels as if the physics are different on the test compared to the time trial you can do with your own car on Suzuka. Mainly the tyres feeling slippier when accelerating.

I'm 0:00.050 seconds away from the gold time and most of it is because of the esses and Spoon corner. Just can't get them to go smoothly.

I'm only using ABS, no other aids.

This might be a better place for asking advice than the guide thread.

I gotta ask, how many of you have managed to gold the S10 master test with a Dualsense

The one with the McLaren F1 in Suzuka. It feels as if the physics are different on the test compared to the time trial you can do with your own car on Suzuka. Mainly the tyres feeling slippier when accelerating.

I'm 0:00.050 seconds away from the gold time and most of it is because of the esses and Spoon corner. Just can't get them to go smoothly.

I'm only using ABS, no other aids.
I did complete it yesterday, with some shortshift shenanigans like the origional TT 🤣🤣, from 2 to 4 and from 4 to 6, and don't throttle to early... I was way faster through the S es coasting in 3th and when to fast for a brief moment to 2nd just to rotate, but it's just a matter of getting the lines right, don't want to be too, fast and short shift shenanigans... 🤣

I put about 70 miles on that stupid Delta today to FINALLY get the gold on S-5.

That was way too frustrating. I watch the demo and, for T1, they slam the brakes, turn hard to the right, and hit the gas in 4th gear for a perfect powerslide through the turn. When I try that? Understeer city right into the wall; like it wasn't even close. Even if I 'flicked' the wheel left first, no dice. I was probably losing a second through T1 alone.

The first sector was the hardest part, but that not withstanding after a ton of trial and error (emphasis on the error) came home with the gold and the MP4/4 saving me 10mil.

I then went and immediately did the CE, which was much easier than the license test.

I need some tips for the following B-tests, if you don't see any in an idea, you'll know that I earned gold on it.

B-3: This is baffling, no matter how many times I try, I seem to upset the balance of the car when I make the turn which causes it to lose control and hit the left side of wall. This is stressing me bad. I'm trying to grasp my energy and be positive but it's hard when so many errors are made.

B-4: again I say...

B-8: I keep getting closer to the gold time but still struggling.

B-9: The second right turn keeps costing me time.

B-10: Ugh, all I can say here.

I'm going to go nuts, never had such a problem getting gold than that damn wet braking B2 (I think) ⚰️💩 I'm less than a tenth short and after 50+ attempts trying everything (TC and mid-power, flooring it, short shifting, downright praying to all Greek, Roman and Pagan gods I know of for the past 5,000 years... Can't improve on my 0.098 difference to get a gold 😵🤐
I don’t know why I laughed emoji your post. I’m about to try M-B this evening. Wish me luck!

I must say that for A some where surprisingly easy whereas a few where also a lot tougher than I expected.

Guess that proves I still a hack at this game and I still don’t really know what I’m doing… 🤔

I have golded all to the IA license, and will start on the S test tomorrow. For the snow tests I had to go back to using the controller. Same thing back in the drift and dirt missions.

I need some tips for the following B-tests, if you don't see any in an idea, you'll know that I earned gold on it.

B-3: This is baffling, no matter how many times I try, I seem to upset the balance of the car when I make the turn which causes it to lose control and hit the left side of wall. This is stressing me bad. I'm trying to grasp my energy and be positive but it's hard when so many errors are made.

B-4: again I say...

B-8: I keep getting closer to the gold time but still struggling.

B-9: The second right turn keeps costing me time.

B-10: Ugh, all I can say here.
Did you put on the ghost?, you can just follow it and copy the turn in points and brakepoints.

In the license tests, we all realise the importance of a few thousandths of a second!
Some I managed by just a few thousandths and bizarrely others I was half a second clear!

Really mixed levels of gold times in these it feels like.

I have 1 silver which makes me sad. That Celica snow one I just can't do. Wheel or controller.

Starting the S ones today so gonna be chasing those 1000ths :)

So far what baffled me was the first ‘final test‘ at Laguna Seca being with the Ford Roadster… probably the out of place car possible with the worst handling possible, that has nothing in common with any of the tests (and cars) you had to do beforehand…

It’s like studying to become an electrician and then having the build a brick wall as your final test :,) at least, that’s how it felt for me…

In general these tests are just such a drag… I wish they had come up with something different instead of just the exact same as the original license tests “but more difficult”. Something like fuel management, tire management, dealing with sudden weather changes, cleanly defending your position against a stronger opponent or driving consistent lap times etc.

In general these tests are just such a drag… I wish they had come up with something different instead of just the exact same as the original license tests “but more difficult”. Something like fuel management, tire management, dealing with sudden weather changes, cleanly defending your position against a stronger opponent or driving consistent lap times etc.
My only issue with the master license is the gold rewards.
Already have all car rewards, so just became money.
Cars locked behind invites would have been better rewards. At least there would have been an alternative way of getting them apart from the batheling ticket system.

I cannot seem to figure out B-3! 81 miles of that corner and still .006 slow. Moved onto B-4 and gold on my second try. WTF

I cannot seem to figure out B-3! 81 miles of that corner and still .006 slow. Moved onto B-4 and gold on my second try. WTF
Stay flat out on the accelerator.

Set the demo ghost to 0.4 seconds ahead and follow it's line (you can cut the corner a bit tighter than the ghost).

I haven't watched any demo's of the tests this time, I've just followed the ghosts at 0.4sec ahead as they don't get in the way, but are close enough for you to see the break lights for brake point references, taking into acount your reaction time to get on the brakes yourself.

FINALLY DONE!!!!! 🥳🥹🙌

Several attempts over several hours over four days but finally its done.

Not gonna touch it ever again.

I've uploaded replays of all the S-licence tests ingame. Can be found with #licence, #licencetest, #masterlicence hashtags.

All done with Dualsense. Default ABS without brake balance adjustments, no other aids.

Still can't drive Suzuka to save my life.

Attachments

• 20231105_214050.jpg
    20231105_214050.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 27
The top 10 times for most of these licenses are hilarious. Would love to know the methods they're using. Even for the simple B-1 test they're finding eight tenths of a second above the gold time.

I have shared the replay of current clean WR replay of Master B-1 .568. (tags: master , top10, 140)

And here's Master B-3

Last edited:
Bit sad none of my friends have made much effort on the new licence tests.
:(

I'm nearly done with Master IA licence...so far gotten gold in nearly everything with the exception of:

A-4: Ferrari on Tokyo Expressway at night (0.5 sec off but I know I can do better). I really suck at urban tests however, I managed to get the urban test gold on a later licence so I know I can get it.
IB-4: Honda NSX on Suzuka (I'm 0.00:030 off gold
:(
this one is very very unforgiving!)

Most of you guys probably won't have a problem with getting gold but for anyone who is struggling below are some general tips:

• Set TCS to 1 or if you're confident/brave to 0
  • Don't be afraid to use TCS 3 for better grip on the wet track events - I struggled with a lower TCS but could still get gold with it on 2 or 3
  • The difficulty of the tests fluctuates a LOT so some tests might be fairly easy-ish but others may require a lot of attempts only to be less than a tenth off still...
  • For the snow tests, do the Lake Louise circuit experience to gold first for credits and also practice
  • I changed the torque for the latter snow tests to be 50-50 and found my car handled far better and didn't waste time drifting. This helped reduce my personal best time by 0.5 seconds and easily get gold.
  • Sometimes braking hard or for long isn't helpful and instead letting go of the throttle gently and letting the car roll through the corners is better and much faster
  • Don't be afraid to CUT CORNERS - what I mean by that is have half the car on grass on an apex - this can shave a tenth or two off your time and also place your car in a better position to take the next corner

Specific test tips:
B-6: this is very very hard and TCS has to be on 0, make sure you get on the power asap out of the corner
B-7: brake between 100-150m sign and let the car roll through the corner by going through it without braking
B-8: for the first corner, brake at high speed and cut the corner, immediately apply brake and try to the do the same for the next right hand turn
B-9: another one where you brake hard and let the car roll through the first corner

A-1 and A-2: abuse the track limits by cutting the bends as much as possible for easy golds
A-6: brake slightly going downhill and try to take the first turn with as much speed as possible, TCS 1 or lower is essential. The G70 handles well even though it's heavy so the hairpin will be simple.
A-7: easy gold but try to take the best line and get on the power early for the final corner
A-8: another one where cutting the corners and abusing track limits is a must for an easy gold
A-9: stick to the dry parts of the track as much as possible. Be careful with accelerating after the hairpin as the track is very wet

IB-5: the key is taking the corners well and using the throttle when the car is straight otherwise it tends to oversteer...
IB-6: take the first uphill corner at full speed and cut the corner, then for the next few corners, cut them as well and let the car roll through the corners rather than braking hard. Braking early for the final corner and getting on the power early is key
IB-8: same thing with this wet test, brake hard before the first corner and let the car roll through the corner at a low speed
IB-10: the LFA is heavy and likes to oversteer, the key is to take the corners accurately by hitting apexes and accelerating when the car is positioned well. Braking early for the uphill corners is a must.

IA-1: need to brake early and let the car roll through the first corner, power up the hill and brake, cut the yellow triangle apex and try cutting corners as much as possible. TCS 1 is ok but harder to handle. I did it with TCS 2 with much better grip.
IA-2: first corner is key. Brake late but hard and try and cut the first left hander to the cliff. For the final corner, taking it slow and close to the inside is a good way to get through it and get on the power early. This corner is very easy to go wide on.
IA-5: on TCS 1 you can go quite quick and the car handles better than you expect. Go full power through first left hander, brake late and hard going downhill, cut as many corners as you can close to the walls. For the final corner, brake corner and hug the wall. Get on the power as early as you can.
IA-6: one of the easiest tests of them all. Set TCS to 3, brake early and for the chicane, take full power. Brake early for the last corner and ride the apex, drop TCS to 1 on straight for quicker acceleration. Easy.
IA-7: an extremely fast car but has a LOT of grip even with TCS to 1. For the uphill right-hand corner, stick close to the inside by letting it roll through the corner before getting on the power. The final two corners can be done with full power - for the last one, maybe turn in a bit later as you might end up going wide if you take it too early.
IA-9: watch the demonstration and try to hug the walls. You can drift through the corners but it isn't necessary. Drop Torque setting to 50-50 for maximum grip and reduced wheel spin. Taking the very final corner slowly before getting on the power early helps too.

I've cleared everything with golds with only the Master Super License tests left to go. Will probably clear those out this week.

For the most part I didn't find them to be wildly more difficult than the non-Master tests.

Last edited:
I've cleared everything with golds with only the Master Super License tests left to go. Will probably clear those out this week.

For the most part I didn't find them to be wildly more difficult than the non-Master tests.
Depending of your choice of steering peripherals, driving aids and how much you enjoy driving old formulas around the Suzuka, I'd suggest getting a wig or toupee ready nearby. You might need it for the last test. 😝

I'm 0.007 short of gold in IA-10 😳 Please tell me how to drive arround Karussell 2. I simply can't figure out how to take this corner. Demo ghost seems to be glued to the tarmac... DS3, TC1 and countersteering assist on weak works best for me. Turning them off makes me slower.

Back