Spec II - Master licences

Depending of your choice of steering peripherals, driving aids and how much you enjoy driving old formulas around the Suzuka, I'd suggest getting a wig or toupee ready nearby. You might need it for the last test. 😝

Haha....I'm on controller. And interestingly enough the old Super License final test with the old Porsche 917 on a wet (but drying) Spa that everyone was complaining about I somehow managed to gold in like 3 or 4 tries, so we'll have to see

I usually play the license tests with A/T so I can concentrate more on braking & cornering. A4 test was tricky by itself that the Ferrari has ridiculous understeer. It was like the car didn't want to turn going downhill into the tunnel. It was also quite hard to go through the esses. I was stuck with my best time in Silver category.

I then switched to M/T & could outdo the A/T preferred gears through those turns. Being 1 gear higher meant more smooth through the turns & better acceleration. I was able to Gold that test at the end.

At times, A/T is just too slow, or conservative when it comes to getting the best time out of the car.

Got gold on everything, but it was no easy feat. Still, I had the moxie to go ahead and actually try, especially when you consider that the Super Master Licenses are literally hell.

Added bonus: I think that the new track, Lake Louise, has left a very bitter after-taste on me.

Last edited:
Haha....I'm on controller. And interestingly enough the old Super License final test with the old Porsche 917 on a wet (but drying) Spa that everyone was complaining about I somehow managed to gold in like 3 or 4 tries, so we'll have to see
The Spa test is easy compared to master s-10. I don't know if its placebo or what but the tyres feel less grippy in that test, even if they are racing mediums.

I did practice laps on Suzuka time trial with the same car and the tyres felt much grippier. I could put the hammer down much earlier without breaking traction but on the test the rear breaks loose.

Dunno if there is a difference or not, just my personal feeling.

The Spa test is easy compared to master s-10. I don't know if its placebo or what but the tyres feel less grippy in that test, even if they are racing mediums.

I did practice laps on Suzuka time trial with the same car and the tyres felt much grippier. I could put the hammer down much earlier without breaking traction but on the test the rear breaks loose.

Dunno if there is a difference or not, just my personal feeling.
Appreciate the heads up.....I'll report back on how frustrated I get

UPDATE: So I've golded everything except the snow test (I stink in the snow). I'm sitting at silver 1/10th away from gold. I'll get there, overall not too bad. Didn't have to do more than 2 attempts at each of the other tests.

UPDATE 2: all gold now. no hair pulling but that snow one was a bit of a PITA for me. 👍 😂

Last edited:
For the life of me I can't do that Celica one or the 962 at Nurbs.

I just don't understand what's missing. Usually I can spot where I'm losing time or could gain time but these 2 🤷‍♂️

Knowing when to stop :cool:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20231103000537.png

Gran Turismo™ 7_20231103001014.png

No one has mentioned it yet but funnily enough the S test causing me most headaches* is that blasted Daytona Coupe at Watkins, I'm miles off the pace in that terrible old thing.

*I'm excluding the snow test here since I assume everyone hates that lol
Definitely had to get used to the car… I was messing up on the sweepers.. The steering was so lazy! 😭Once I got used to the car it was actually a fun car to push on the limits. Honestly this is why GT is just honestly the best game at least for me… The ability to drive GT3, GT4, GR2, then hop in old race cars or just production car and feel how vastly different each vehicle drives is wonderful.

Last edited:
Definitely had to get use to the car… I was messing up on the sweepers.. The steering was so lazy! 😭Once I got use to the car it was actually a fun car to push on the limits. Honestly this is why GT is just honestly the best game at least for me… The ability to drive GT3, GT4, GR2, then hop in old race cars or just production car and feel how vastly different each vehicle is wonderful.
I second your sentiment. I enjoy the assortment of cars to test out or just go for a cruise. This game has a lot of different things you can do and these licence tests are really enjoyable even if they can frustrate you. I find getting the golds very satisfying especially when you finish a full licence to gold.

I second your sentiment. I enjoy the assortment of cars to test out or just go for a cruise. This game has a lot of different things you can do and these licence tests are really enjoyable even if they can frustrate you. I find getting the golds very satisfying especially when you finish a full licence to gold.
Agree.

I found this monstrosity hard, really hard but satisfying to nail

Attachments

• IMG_9932.jpeg
    IMG_9932.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 18
Agree.

I found this monstrosity hard, really hard but satisfying to nail
Got gold after about 10-20 attempts. I didn't find it too hard just nailing the final corner. You can brake quite late into the very first corner and then carry the speed into the middle section.

It's really interesting to hear people's experiences with what they find difficult and what they find easy. A few days ago I was reading people's comments on this thread and some found a couple really easy that I struggled on and spent 20 min on lol...I'm really looking forward to the S Licence.

How hard is it? Is it much harder than S-10 from the normal licences?

Got gold after about 10-20 attempts. I didn't find it too hard just nailing the final corner. You can brake quite late into the very first corner and then carry the speed into the middle section.

It's really interesting to hear people's experiences with what they find difficult and what they find easy. A few days ago I was reading people's comments on this thread and some found a couple really easy that I struggled on and spent 20 min on lol...I'm really looking forward to the S Licence.

How hard is it? Is it much harder than S-10 from the normal licences?
S License is going to be challenging because it’s the 1 lap challenge, however it also depends how good you are on the selected tracks. The tracks the picked are all a favorite for me so it wasn’t to hard to get gold on them. S5 killed me… I think it took me maybe an hour my arms were killing me from the FFB of my wheel (TGTII) S-10 was also challenging because you got find the limits of the car which is kind high I guess, then drive on those limits on a tough Suzuka track. Again I loved the new master license test it was challenging but also help me become better driver. Let us know when you get your gold!

S License is going to be challenging because it’s the 1 lap challenge, however it also depends how good you are on the selected tracks. The tracks the picked are all a favorite for me so it wasn’t to hard to get gold on them. S5 killed me… I think it took me maybe an hour my arms were killing me from the FFB of my wheel (TGTII) S-10 was also challenging because you got find the limits of the car which is kind high I guess, then drive on those limits on a tough Suzuka track. Again I loved the new master license test it was challenging but also help me become better driver. Let us know when you get your gold!
Thanks for the heads up and yeah, I figured S Licence would be 1-lap tests again. I didn't think I was going to get gold for the normal S Licence but got them all much to my satisfaction - S-10 was certainly a pain but when I got to 2:26 I knew I could do it....was just about stringing it altogether.

I sometimes start licences from the very first one but for IA and S I tend to select the tests with tracks I know I am good on. Looking at the new S Licence, I think I'll start with:

Valkyrie on Red Bull Ring
Porsche on Catalunya
RA272 on Catalunya

and maybe S-5 just because I've done Circuit Experience to gold on Lake Louise and just did the IA test on it too. I'm quite keen to try the XJ220 on Grand Valley too....love that track and the car is so sleek and beautiful.

Last edited:
How do I get traction in the Peugeot 205 for the snow mission? Should I bounce the rev limiter or do I try to ease the throttle more?

Depends.....if you are trying to use the back end to steer the car around the turn or you're straightened up and trying to come out of the corner and onto the next straight. I suggest watching the Demonstration lap and take note of when the demo driver bounces the revs to get the car to rotate vs feeding in the throttle to get the tires to dig.

How do I get traction in the Peugeot 205 for the snow mission? Should I bounce the rev limiter or do I try to ease the throttle more?
For me it wasn’t so much traction it was me losing momentum through the turns.. I think I was more so driving like a GT3 car at first… after i start getting more comfortable with the car I noticed throwing it in the corners by just letting the car kinda coast helped me big time. Bouncing off the rev limiter helped in the slow corners with the momentum. Also play with the torque distribution it helped me with traction. Good luck bud!

Last edited:
Nailed the gold on the first try for this one.....take notice, the overtake/boost button is active so lean on it as much as you can to gain time.
Excellent! That's great info!
Depends.....if you are trying to use the back end to steer the car around the turn or you're straightened up and trying to come out of the corner and onto the next straight. I suggest watching the Demonstration lap and take note of when the demo driver bounces the revs to get the car to rotate vs feeding in the throttle to get the tires to dig.
I haven't attempted this test but I did the IA one and did Lake Louise to gold in Circuit Experience. I tried drifting and all sorts. What really worked for me on snow tests etc was changing the settings so torque was 50-50 to reduce wheelspin from the back. I found this improved the grip of the car. You could give this a go and see if it works.

Finally I golded iA-9...I just hate rallying in general in GT7. Just does not compute. Still one more rally stage to do in S license 🫠

iA-10 and the S license tests that I did weren't really that bad. Golded them fairly easily...The Civic TT at Nurburging and the Valkyrie TT at Red Bull Ring from not too long ago certainly helped a lot!

Last edited:
Didn't really see much point to these in the end, not a lot of interesting tests and the difficulty is all over the place like the normal ones. B-2 was literally the hardest test for me, followed by S-5. IA-4 was comically easy, rest were a couple of tries for gold usually. I think my favourite was S-2, interesting car/track combination and quick to retry if you needed to. Prizes were ok, I suppose if you're new to the game you get some useful cars.

Super licenses gold are done. The snow lap at Lake Louise took the longest at 1.2 hours and using the controller instead of my normal wheel. My tip for the snow tests are to drive correct line (same as the demo) rather than trying to maximize the car speed on the straights and brake late.

All the others were gold in less than 5 laps, basically get used to the handling of the car. I spend at least 10 laps in qualifying for online sport races or the time trials so these license tests are far easier.

Last edited:
Only gone through 8 of the Master B license tests. Got gold on a couple of them within 1 or 2 tries. So they aren't that hard so far. The 2 that I'm having the most difficulty with are the S2000 and the RX8. I'm within a couple hundredths of gold on both of them, but I need to make just a couple tiny adjustments to get the golds.

Last edited:
Only gone through 8 of the Master B license tests. Got gold on a couple of them within 1 or 2 tries. So they aren't that hard so far. The 2 that I'm having the most difficulty with are the S2000 and the RX8. I'm within a couple hundredths of gold on both of them, but I need to make just a couple tiny adjustments to get the golds.
The RX8 up the hill is super tricky to keep the power on and get the right line.

The S2000 just do a few tries, walk away and pretend you don't want to hit the ghost and then you'll smash that one.

Latest Posts

Back