Spec II - Master licences

Completed S1-4 & S6-9. Unlocked S-10 and worked on S-5. Completed that and enjoyed setting my time in the MP4/4. The fat tyres look so awesome in VR.

Completed S1-4 & S6-9. Unlocked S-10 and worked on S-5. Completed that and enjoyed setting my time in the MP4/4. The fat tyres look so awesome in VR.
That's one of the most fun cars in the game.

I finished M-A and M-B. Next week, I'll have time to go through the rest. So far the hardest one for me was the Ferrari @ Tokyo Expressway. I kept having the battle of best halves for like an hour I swear; the first half would be good, the second half, hot garbage. Flip that, then later, rinse, repeat :lol:

Jerome

I finished M-A and M-B. Next week, I'll have time to go through the rest. So far the hardest one for me was the Ferrari @ Tokyo Expressway. I kept having the battle of best halves for like an hour I swear; the first half would be good, the second half, hot garbage. Flip that, then later, rinse, repeat :lol:

Jerome
Yes. That was a pain as well. When you work it out, you’ll never speak of it again. :sly:

Yes. That was a pain as well. When you work it out, you’ll never speak of it again. :sly:
I think I'm just not fully used to my motion sim rig yet. At least, thats the story I'm telling myself.

Jerome

Jerome
Fully agree. Ferrari on Tokyo Expressway and the NSX on Suzuka are a pain in the ass. I honestly don't know where I'm going wrong with the NSX...

Fully agree. Ferrari on Tokyo Expressway and the NSX on Suzuka are a pain in the ass. I honestly don't know where I'm going wrong with the NSX...
With the NSX, try some extreme out-in-out on the curbs, widen that sucker as much as you can without going too far over causing rear wheel spin. The car will do a lot of the turning for you, so if you find yourself losing rear grip on exit, try turning a little bit less so you are pointed at the curbs on the right (again widening the turn as much as you can) rather than straight down the lane.

Jerome

Last edited:
The difficulty's all over the place. Sometimes beating the ghost (plus offset) to the line is barely enough to get gold by a few thousandth. Other times, sloppy first attempts where you're multiple car lengths behind the ghost will clear the gold time by almost a second. 🤷‍♂️

I'm scared of S-10 considering S-8 made my wrist feel weird and my mind go insane, I think I'll put it off until next week..
Good thing is, you know the circuit. Trust the downforce and remember, time can be gained with less shifting.

I'm scared of S-10 considering S-8 made my wrist feel weird and my mind go insane, I think I'll put it off until next week..
I didn't think S-10 was that hard really. I would say that for me it was maybe slightly more difficult than S-8. But Spa and Suzuka are my two favorite tracks, so I know them well.

Last edited:
Finally. S-10 is nightmare for me. I had to do manual transmission on this one and hundreds of tries

Attachments

• 18bc3f5c88122-37535F5657E8659071D.3DB30293049A0065_message_435148712383705_1699799657748.jpg
    18bc3f5c88122-37535F5657E8659071D.3DB30293049A0065_message_435148712383705_1699799657748.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 14
I finished IA, and along the way, I realized I had TCS on. I'm 99% sure I turned that off along with other aids, but if anyone is having trouble finding time, make sure that is turned off (unless in the rain of course).

Jerome

The top 10 times for most of these licenses are hilarious. Would love to know the methods they're using. Even for the simple B-1 test they're finding eight tenths of a second above the gold time.
I think some people would be surprised how little "cheese" there is in the global top 10s for license tests. I'd say maybe 15% percent or so have some kind of cheese involved (by cheese I mean things like wall riding, egregious/unintended corner cutting or track limit abuse, taking advantage of some kind of bug/glitch, etc). One I can think of off the top of my head is about a year ago someone discovered some specific random combination of assists that made all the wet license tests significantly easier. They posted it on youtube and all the top ten times dropped by like a second.

But for the most part it's just being fast, finding the right line and gearing, and then just getting the perfect run. I think some people have the impression that a lot of these license world records are like speed running where it's just people finding little cheats or glitches, or ways to "game the system", but most of the license test top 10 times are just done by very fast players driving very fast.

Last edited:
MS2 & 3 gold done. 47.9 miles for the pair. 6* marathon roulette That rally cross gave me a VR headache. Been a while since I had one of those.

Close to breaking my wheel off its stand yesterday trying to finish IA-5 (Skyline over the top of Mt Panorama).

Nearly 150km on it alone and still can't quite get it for gold.

IA 1 is hell to try to gold, there is a lot you have to learn with speed and agility here at Michelin Raceway. The reward is promising though so maybe a good couple hours of different runs will help me fight it through.

Last edited:
Well I was almost quit for the master license because I was aiming gold but the thing is, the master license is very difficult and the hardest

I think I'm just not fully used to my motion sim rig yet. At least, thats the story I'm telling myself.

Jerome
Ugh picked the wrong time to have kids and buy a new home (well locked in interest rates Jan 2022 closed Oct 22) annnnd to be having worst year in sales in whole career... I just want a damn upper-middle rated wheel and pedals! Would dream about having a motion rig too!

Ugh picked the wrong time to have kids and buy a new home (well locked in interest rates Jan 2022 closed Oct 22) annnnd to be having worst year in sales in whole career... I just want a damn upper-middle rated wheel and pedals! Would dream about having a motion rig too!
Hah, that was me when the GT Academy was getting started. Suuuuper frustrating to have just bought a house and a kid on the way and then hear about GT Academy. I've only recenly had some time to play again as the kids are getting a bit older.

Jerome

Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with the Ferrari in Tokyo, all gold up in B, A and IB so far with relative ease apart from that one :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Close to breaking my wheel off its stand yesterday trying to finish IA-5 (Skyline over the top of Mt Panorama).

This!! No one is mentioning this test at ALL. I want to love this track so much because its so unique and beautiful, but I CANNOT do that middle section well at all! I just left it at silver and figured I would return to it because I'm still off 0.35-0.4 from gold. I actually took a break from the game for almost 2-months following that track for the time trial. I was on a 14-time trial gold streak (I have to generally work pretty hard to get gold times) and I was obsessed with trying to gold that one - I put like 1,300-miles into it and finished 0.09x behind the gold time and it just crushed me. Which is dumb, it's just a game!!

Anyways, just know I share you pain with that one!

Hah, that was me when the GT Academy was getting started. Suuuuper frustrating to have just bought a house and a kid on the way and then hear about GT Academy. I've only recenly had some time to play again as the kids are getting a bit older.

Jerome
Yeah, I miss the days when I had a cheap apartment, an easy outside sales gig working from home and wife working at the office every day. Man I would play some COD MW2 and BF3/BF4 for hoursssss on end. Now, with a 6 & 4 year old, a wife working from home and technology that accounts for my time at work, the only time I have to play is waking up 1-2 hours before the morning routine starts up lol.

Which aspect about it do you find particularly difficult? Because I don't remember thinking at the time that it was more difficult than any of the other IA tests.

My experience so far:
  • the tests are challenging but doable
  • I am just struggling with S4 and S10
S4, and the rally ones in general, are strange. People either find them really easy or really difficult. I am in the latter group. I think I spent like 3 hours on S4 alone. And when I got gold, I think I beat the gold time by 0.050 seconds. It looks like it should be easy, because the demo beat the gold time by like 2 seconds. For rallying in GT7, I think you either "get" the handling physics or you don't. I am firmly in the "don't" category.

I did not find S10 particularly difficult though. The demo only beat the gold time by like 2 or 3 tenths. I beat the gold time by over half a second, and it didn't even take that long. So I guess technically S10 should be harder than S4, but that was not my experience. To give you an idea, it took me longer to get gold on S4 than getting gold on all the rest of the S tests combined.

Last edited:
Which aspect about it do you find particularly difficult? Because I don't remember thinking at the time that it was more difficult than any of the other IA tests.

S4, and the rally ones in general, are strange. People either find them really easy or really difficult. I am in the latter group. I think I spent like 3 hours on S4 alone. And when I got gold, I think I beat the gold time by 0.050 seconds. It looks like it should be easy, because the demo beat the gold time by like 2 seconds. For rallying in GT7, I think you either "get" the handling physics or you don't. I am firmly in the "don't" category.

I did not find S10 particularly difficult though. The demo only beat the gold time by like 2 or 3 tenths. I beat the gold time by over half a second, and it didn't even take that long. So I guess technically S10 should be harder than S4, but that was not my experience. To give you an idea, it took me longer to get gold on S4 than getting gold on all the rest of the S tests combined.
I don't think as I said earlier in the thread the difficulty is linear.

Objectively some of the tests are trickier than they seem or the margins somewhat tighter.

Ignoring the snow rally outliers as nobody has experience with them of any note, some of the track ones (most) are quite achievable. However the car choices do take adjustment. Overall the difficulty is about right if you have done the 50 proceeding licences raced a bit, done some time trial and have miles under your belt.

If you are dipping in and out and don't have golds on the normal licences or circuit experiences then the difficulty fluctuates a bit I'd imagine

I completely fluked S4 (or 5?) tonight (the snow one). Must have hit the barrier on the first or second corner a bazillion times, had barely driven the latter half of the track. I managed to complete just one full lap out of at least 100 attempts and it was somehow just fast enough for gold! Quite the relief because I was not having fun... :)

Only other S test to cause me trouble was the Daytona at Watkins but it's ok when you adjust to exactly how lazy that car is.

Last edited:
Back