Sprint Cup GT World Challenge. SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 990 comments
@paoloevans
Updated Spotters Guide with @Roman_GT23 's entry. See everyone at the Nurburgring.:cheers:
Sprint Cup GT World Challenge Spotter guide WIP main.png

Are there normal human beings with a PS5? Looking at the resell prices on StockX - not so many.

New consoles are a waste of money anyway for me considering the amount of updates needed and the option to go for a better model later on :rolleyes:

Done 3 hours of race simulations with different cars for the Nürburgring.

Good news, the car feels okay here. The only dangerous corner is T12 I think. Overall I have no excuses for spining during that round.

Bad news. I'm not fast... not with the Ferrari at least. I can't do better than a 56.5 in that car and most on my laps are low 57. Whereas I'm about half a second faster per lap with the Supra and litterally 1 second per lap with the Lexus (managed a FL of 55.7 and most laps on low 56). At first I though I was just used to the track but turns out I couldn't go as fast on the Ferrari :irked:

So I did my first few laps today and - lemme say - it's gonna be interesting :cool:

My tyres are a huge problem, there's a huge cliff effect going at around lap 7 and onwards. It took me many laps to kinda adjust to it since I figured I won't be able to avoid the cliff like at Laguna Seca.
Pace-wise I won't wanan spoil you guys but I can say that I'm nowhere near a "not fast" 1:56.

I'll take some preparation in the tyre department and work on my lines on older tyres. That track certainly does not suit me but I'll fight for every inch, be sure :sly:

7349946131531432968_0.jpg

So I did my first few laps today and - lemme say - it's gonna be interesting :cool:

My tyres are a huge problem, there's a huge cliff effect going at around lap 7 and onwards. It took me many laps to kinda adjust to it since I figured I won't be able to avoid the cliff like at Laguna Seca.
Pace-wise I won't wanan spoil you guys but I can say that I'm nowhere near a "not fast" 1:56.

I'll take some preparation in the tyre department and work on my lines on older tyres. That track certainly does not suit me but I'll fight for every inch, be sure :sly:

7349946131531432968_0.jpg

Nurburgring is one of those tracks when it comes to tyres. Looking forward to it, as the Evo is really strong here on worn tyres.

I'm doing a Saturday morning 1 hour practice session at the Nurburgring if anyone wants to join feel free to.

Room now open:

0475-4226-5350-7420-4740

Hope you are all well :cheers:

EDIT: Room now closed

Last edited:
So voting is now closed for next season's calendar.

Season 1 wins by 6 votes to 4.

Before I set up the new thread for Season 5 I'm going to ask you all here if you want to sign on first before the spaces get filled by new drivers. Once you've all let me know I'll create the new thread and we're good to go! :cheers:

@Invisigoth @Lazybike @Raptor013 @GTP_Guido @kungtotte_ @Spinerkopin @Kuraudo @Mark blacky @Totalrose @Philtaylor17 @llNovall @ThePotatoKing @Dimentor @Roman_GT23 @Sniparator @Drex124 @Autograss_Mad @Lost Sheltie @PTLobo2

You don't have to give me your full entry, just whether you want to be on the entry list.

Cheers all, see you at the Nurburgring on the 12th.

Paul
:gtpflag:

So voting is now closed for next season's calendar.

Season 1 wins by 6 votes to 4.

Before I set up the new thread for Season 5 I'm going to ask you all here if you want to sign on first before the spaces get filled by new drivers. Once you've all let me know I'll create the new thread and we're good to go! :cheers:

@Invisigoth @Lazybike @Raptor013 @GTP_Guido @kungtotte_ @Spinerkopin @Kuraudo @Mark blacky @Totalrose @Philtaylor17 @llNovall @ThePotatoKing @Dimentor @Roman_GT23 @Sniparator @Drex124 @Autograss_Mad @Lost Sheltie @PTLobo2

You don't have to give me your full entry, just whether you want to be on the entry list.

Cheers all, see you at the Nurburgring on the 12th.

Paul
:gtpflag:
Yup, i will participate in the 5th season too!:gtpflag:

Back