Sprint Cup GT World Challenge. SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 990 comments
The more the better. The fact you were able to jump in mid season and race not only fast but cleanly is a great asset to the series.

I know my first race in this series 2 seasons back was no where near as good yours today, despite it being at my home track.

7206331220706230808_0.jpg
7214775476988969488_0.jpg
7205768279344841240_0.jpg
7205772667325023760_0.jpg

Just to confirm (and to stop any confusion with the newer drivers) @Drex124 had a DR B in the last round but still raced in the PRO class.

This is due to an agreement pre season that he didn't want to race in the Silver Cup if the situation came up and that he would carry on in the PRO class.

Last edited:
I should have known from my last endurance race at Laguna that this was going to be a struggle for me, and it didn't help that im mistake-prone already. If i hadn't butchered the start i could have done much better overall, even with my later mistakes. More for me to learn i guess...

Thanks again for the great event @paoloevans ! Looking foward to the Nurburgring finale!

I should have known from my last endurance race at Laguna that this was going to be a struggle for me, and it didn't help that im mistake-prone already. If i hadn't butchered the start i could have done much better overall, even with my later mistakes. More for me to learn i guess...

Thanks again for the great event @paoloevans ! Looking foward to the Nurburgring finale!
I think so many of us struggled with that race. I certainly did mate. We were running close at the start (a bit like at Suzuka :)). I enjoyed it:tup:

Congratulations to the class winners! Well done guys! Not a great race for me, pace was ok'ish but mistakes cost me, especially a spin at T3, I always finish these races wanting more, which I think is a good sign of a great championship, many thanks to all involved and of course @paoloevans for keeping it simple and fun :cheers:.

👍 thats good to hear mate. P2 in the standings for you at the moment is pretty impressive I must say:D

Thought I might be able to put @Philtaylor17 under a bit of pressure when the gap was down to 3 secs, and then I got distracted going into the last corner and lost about 6 seconds :(

Had a fun little race with Drex though. Tough track that one as there are so many places where a small mistake can end up bringing disaster. Congrats to the winners of both sections :)

I saw that at the hairpin. You were strong in that first stint, especially at the end, you either looked after the tyres better or had good pace on worn tyres - or maybe both!

What happened was me and Invisigoth caught eachother right at the corkscrew ( probably the worst, most one line place on the track, it happened 3 times between the two of us actually if you include once in qualifying :crazy: ) and it cost us a decent amount, so the gap came right down, and you were fast, I was thinking it could end up a bit of a battle, but then someone clipped the braking markers for the last corner, luckily I saw it happen and braked very early, I looked back and saw you go really deep, assumed it had messed with your references or something. But yeah, GG man that was a fun race :cheers:

As for the race itself It was fun if not scrappy ( as Paolo's photo showed :lol: Qualifying was good, I owe an apology to Invisigoth for colliding at the corkscrew, I misread the situation there.

Then in the race everything was going ok until I got unlucky with the blue flag situation, catching Invisi again at the corkscrew, twice even, and probably going a bit too long on old tyres in the first stint, Lap 16 rather than 13, and then in the second stint minding my own business when the car hooked violently on the curb at the corkscrew and put me into a half spin and the wall. Frustrating, but Drex and Sheltie were fighting eachother and there was a bit of a gap so it didn't really affect anything, more just frustrating knowing the race time could have been a lot better.

Congrats to @Lost Sheltie and @Drex124 on the podiums, and @Sniparator on the Silver Cup win on debut ( nice! ) and of course GG @Totalrose on the Silver Cup title :cheers:

So I can officially confirm our 2 Champions for this season.

Congratulations to @Philtaylor17 for taking the Overall title in truly dominating form!!!

Congratulations to @Totalrose on successfully defending his Silver Cup title. Brilliantly driven mate, I could get nowhere near you this season!

Well done to all. Standings now updated.

:gtpflag:

Thanks @paoloevans

This has been a really fun, well organised series, enjoyed being a part of it so thankyou for all the work that's gone in to organising it :cheers: glad its not over and we still have Nurburgring to look forward to!

Last edited:
This has been a really fun, well organised series, enjoyed being a part of it so thankyou for all the work that's gone in to organising it :cheers: glad its not over and we still have Nurburgring to look forward to!
Echoing this! This is my first time doing this sprint cup but it's been fantastic, and I'll definitely show up for the next one if there'll be one (although not in the Chevy :lol:).

There's nothing I don't like about it. Good cars, tracks, race lengths, multipliers, schedule, everything 👍

Echoing this! This is my first time doing this sprint cup but it's been fantastic, and I'll definitely show up for the next one if there'll be one (although not in the Chevy :lol:).

There's nothing I don't like about it. Good cars, tracks, race lengths, multipliers, schedule, everything 👍

@Philtaylor17 @kungtotte_ @Lazybike
Cheers fella's 👍

@kungtotte_ yes there will definitely be a Season 5 :)

I'm going to post 2 draft calendars next week sometime and let you all vote on which one you want like we did for this Season :cheers:

Last edited:
Just to give my thoughts some space in here as well

I was a bit more nervous about the Q than the actual race because I tend to be actually slower in there than my race pace. Been a quirk about me since my GT6 days. The fact that I was stuck behind Visis for 1 1/2 laps didn't help haha
But I was happy with 8th place and was looking for a nice battle with Guido, Raptor and totalrose in the midfield.

I knew which strategy I was going to go for in the race, pitting at L14 was comfortable for me and my conservative driving style saved me some tyres for the last 4 laps.
The battles between the other guys and me were crispy clean and I really enjoyed driving against you all! My last stint was a chase down because I had totalrose behind me a few secs and I knew if I just made one mistake he'd be there.

It was a pleasure! I didn't care about the win but about fair battles and tight overtakes and I think we had plenty of that.

To the next one! I don't like the GP course much but I'll be there to try. :cool:

7359525014560866844_0.jpg

My beloved New York Jets will be a part of my next race as I'll be running their colour scheme on my BenQ livery from the Laguna Seca race. Livery can be found here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gtsport/user/livery/5439670/1/7999039528978350617

Last edited:
Well... First of all, I want to apologise for quitting the race early.
I was mad, so mad with that car I couldn't be focused enough...

Didn't expected anything for quali. First mistake was the obliteration of @Totalrose on the corkscrew during his first flying lap :banghead:. Still managed to get P4. Not that bad if we consider this was my first ever race on this track on GT Sport.

The race went outrageously bad. I was constantly fighting against the car and obviously the spin was inevitable. Then it's just the butterfly effect that takes place. The car spins, so it wears out the rear tires, which overheat at the same time so the car becomes even less stable and spins again a few turns afterwards. I prefered to finish my race into the pits instead of being a mobile chicane for everyone, as I've lost all motivation at this point...

It's wierd because I experienced the best and the worst with this car accross this season. I really wanted to understand what's the main issue. I took a few hours to analyse every replay from every race and I think I finally know why I struggle with this car :

This video is composed by 4 different laps. The first two were my fastests laps from Round 1 and 2 and and the two others were my fastest lap of Round 4 and my last lap before pitting.

We can see several things here :

• Yes, it's possible to go fast with this car, I can't deny that.

• The main reason why the 458 was good at Monza and Spa was because the weak tyre degradation on those tracks. We all know this car eats the rear quite fast but the shape of those tracks permits to the car to exploit his potential longer. I'm not saying that the car is easy to drive on fresh tyres. It's still required finesse on both tracks.

• The 458 hates slow corners. Especially when trailbraking is a thing. Usually when I drive an FR car , I like to have a positve brake bias so I can "throw" and rotate the car into the corner. The thing with this car is the fact that she rotate too much. You can see my inputs on the video at 3:09 when I needed to countersteer a little and for a whole lap from 6:19 till the end. The comment sense at this point would be to play with the brake bias but I've done every race on -5. That mean the car can't be more stable than this. It was also a big issue at Brands and Laguna, especially when tyres started to fade off.

• The car also have problems with curbs. I have the casio chicane from suzuka in mind. During that race, I remembered closing in to @Lost Sheltie and losing 3 tenths at this exact point because the car couldn't pass that curb without loosing stability (most FR cars can easily pass that by smashing the throttle down).

If we resume, this car destroys his rear tyres, tries to kill you at every braking zone, doesen't like to turn at low speed and have issues with curb. You may ask at this point : "Why telling us all of this? It's sounds like a rant". Is this a rant? To be honest a little bit. But if I wrote this, it's because maybe some of you guys have tips to help me to drive this car. Some people were able to qualify on World Tours with this. That means theres a way to keep this car straight.

Quite a long post eh? Thank you if you took the time to read everything.👍

Last edited:
Well... First of all, I want to apologise for quitting the race early.
I was mad, so mad with that car I couldn't be focused enough...

Didn't expected anything for quali. First mistake was the obliteration of @Totalrose on the corkscrew during his first flying lap :banghead:. Still managed to get P4. Not that bad if we consider this was my first ever race on this track on GT Sport.

The race went outrageously bad. I was constantly fighting against the car and obviously the spin was inevitable. Then it's just the butterfly effect that takes place. The car spins, so it wears out the rear tires, which overheat at the same time so the car becomes even less stable and spins again a few turns afterwards. I prefered to finish my race into the pits instead of being a mobile chicane for everyone, as I've lost all motivation at this point...

It's wierd because I experienced the best and the worst with this car accross this season. I really wanted to understand what's the main issue. I took a few hours to analyse every replay from every race and I think I finally know why I struggle with this car :

This video is composed by 4 different laps. The first two were my fastests laps from Round 1 and 2 and and the two others were my fastest lap of Round 4 and my last lap before pitting.

We can see several things here :

• Yes, it's possible to go fast with this car, I can't deny that.

• The main reason why the 458 was good at Monza and Spa was because the weak tyre degradation on those tracks. We all know this car eats the rear quite fast but the shape of those tracks permits to the car to exploit his potential longer. I'm not saying that the car is easy to drive on fresh tyres. It's still required finesse on both tracks.

• The 458 hates slow corners. Especially when trailbraking is a thing. Usually when I drive an FR car , I like to have a positve brake bias so I can "throw" and rotate the car into the corner. The thing with this car is the fact that she rotate too much. You can see my inputs on the video at 3:09 when I needed to countersteer a little and for a whole lap from 6:19 till the end. The comment sense at this point would be to play with the brake bias but I've done every race on -5. That mean the car can't be more stable than this. It was also a big issue at Brands and Laguna, especially when tyres started to fade off.

• The car also have problems with curbs. I have the casio chicane from suzuka in mind. During that race, I remembered closing in to @Lost Sheltie and losing 3 tenths at this exact point because the car couldn't pass that curb without loosing stability (most FR cars can easily pass that by smashing the throttle down).

If we resume, this car destroys his rear tyres, tries to kill you at every braking zone, doesen't like to turn at low speed and have issues with curb. You may ask at this point : "Why telling us all of this? It's sounds like a rant". Is this a rant? To be honest a little bit. But if I wrote this, it's because maybe some of you guys have tips to help me to drive this car. Some people were able to qualify on World Tours with this. That means theres a way to keep this car straight.

Quite a long post eh? Thank you if you took the time to read everything.👍

Really interesting to read that post @Spinerkopin

Obviously I would like to give you some input (as I drive the Ferrari all the time because I love Ferrari and no other reason) but I am far far a novice to you and I use the controller and various driving aids, so I wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about.

I hope you get some improvements made and get a better result in the season finale.

It's been cool having you as a team this season anyhow and was fun making the AF Corse livery :):cheers:

May you fare better next season if you decide you want to carry on 👍

I remember the 458 really struggling anywhere there was a big change in elevation at slow speed. The drop through the esses at Mount Panorama, the corkscrew at Laguna Seca & any number of corners on Lago Maggiore reverse, all spring to mind as being especially horrible. If the rear of the car gets light on any slow corner you will end up drifting to begin with, and then after a few laps spinning, and there is very little you can do to stop it.

I basically gave up on the Ferrari and the Lamborghini as simply being too much car for my skill level. Maybe the top guys can do it, but there is no way I would ever willingly pick those cars. The fact you have driven so well at Spa and Monza (and you were quick at Suzuka) shows how good you are.

Back