Starting A Racing Club, Feedback Please?

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
Alex_Mac_
I think I'm in the right spot on the forums. I'm new to online racing. I've been playing GT5 for a year and a half but my online was weird for whatever reason, idk. But anyways I just got into online racing about 2 weeks ago. I'm 17 so when the parents and siblings go to bed around 11-12 at night (New York time) I have the chance to kick back and race online for a couple hours. However, I keep having a problem where I just can't find a good room online to run in and I waste an hour or more on some nights finding a good room. Other nights I find one right away and play, but thats about 1 in 3.

So I was kind of hoping to start some kind of casual club to race with for when I go online at night to play and I'd really love the feedback from you guys who have been racing online for a while. When I've tried creating a room online before I haven't had anyone join, so I was hoping I could run some room ideas by everybody for feedback here. If you saw it online would you join it by name, what should the cars be, what should the race formatting be, that kind of stuff. So here are sone of my club ideas and feel free to add one if you have an idea that you think would be good for me to do:

Name: Star Mazda TC Club
Description: Changing real world tracks for Mazda TC models, the Mazda Roadster TC and the Mazda RX-7 TC. A 535pp limit ensures that both the quicker RX-7's can be defined to enter and the Roadster's can be tuned up to enter, keeping the racing on a level playing field.

Name: Racecar Challenge
Description: A league for any and only racecars. With a 550 horse power limit, which keeps times around or just quicker then GT2 level (Le Mans GT spec), entrants will be put to the test to setup a car that optimizes the gear ratios on the straights and stand apart from the competing cornering and acceleration. Tracks will be changed among real world locations.

Name: RM/TC Unlimited
Description: No restrictions on cars as long as they are RM or TC models. Its all about the car you choose and how well you can set it up in this club, featuring changing tracks.

Name: Suzuki Mini-GT Club
Descriptions: A spec club only for the 1995 Suzuki RM car (I forget the cam, starts with a C). This GT car is sized not much larger then a go-kart and is much smaller then normal cars. However it can be tuned to run speeds over 100 mph. It's the perfect cross between go-kart and GT racing! Changing tracks, primarily on smaller/narrower/sizeable courses for the car such as Tsukuba, Suzuka East Circuit, Twin-Ring Motegi West Course, Laguna Seca and the Nürburgring.

Name: RM/TC 535pp (or) RM/TC 535 Club (or whatever PP number works)
Description: Any RM or TC model limited by 535 performance points. This club is primarally designed to give lower PP racers such as the TVR Tuscan RM, the Lotus RM's, the Mazda Roadster TC and other models a chance to compete that I personally very rarely see online. Cars such as the Impreza TC, some Nissan TC's, the Mazda RX-7 TC, the Chevy Camero RM (and maybe the Vette Z06), the Evolution TC, the Acura NSX TC, and more will also be able to be detune to fit spec, which should make the most diverse group of GT racecars online. Changing tracks.

Lastly what do you guys think I should do for lap count, tire, pit stop regulations, penalties, all that? Should I run the DLC tracks, Motegi and Spa, or would people not want those? I kind of like keeping races no less then 5-7 minutes, but ideally about 10-15 minutes make and have maybe 7-10 minutes between races to practice and qualify. I also really like starting fastest first because I always enjoy rooms where I can qualify.

Thank you guys very much for your feedback, I really appreciate it. Hoping to create a really fun room to run in every night!

Welcome Amac500, it's always good to see someone willing to put in the time and effort to organize events that add to the variety that the :gtplanet: community can enjoy. However, keep in mind that starting a club or a league can be a daunting endeavor. The best advice I can give to you is to be creative and to be organized. It looks like you have some good ideas already lined up, so I would suggest that you go with the one that you think that you'll personally enjoy the most. There's no point putting in all the hard work required to run a club or league if you don't really enjoy the type of racing you're going to spend all that time trying to organize! :crazy:

Most importantly, be respectful of the time and sacrifice that the other organizers in this thread have put into their respective club or league. In other words, don't blatantly plagiarize their words and ideas unless you've asked for and received their permission to do so. I feel awkward even having to mention that since the :gtplanet: community is mostly comprised of mature and classy people who know the difference between right and wrong. Unfortunately, there's a new league around here that's run by guys who never learned that plagiarizing falls in the category of "wrong". As long as you don't follow their lead, you'll be a welcome addition around here. Good luck and let me know if I can help you out in any way. 👍

Thank you and I will do some homework to make sure it's a new league, would hate to copy anyone! I'll keep everyone posted

I'd imagine that even if the rules are similar to other leagues, there'd be interest in these anyway. I'm fairly new here (and to GT5 online racing in general) myself, and would prefer to race in something less established.

Back