Super GT on Fuji F, December 19th

• Thread starter Strittan
  • 362 comments
I'd be happy to take over if there are no objections. I'm not the best driver but I'm fairly good at organisation and have a good connection.

I'd like to make the races into more of a series (with points etc.) but keep it fairly relaxed in terms of rules.

Thats unfortunate...

Well, if you guys are available saturday around noon (PST - GMT+8), basically the same time as this but just a day before, i have several spots available in my thread.

Im also looking for a second host to possibly hold race 2 so we can run both races simultaneously.

Anyone who feel like taking over this thread? I lost intrest in the whole thing, sorry...

Thanks Strittan for getting this going. I was struggling to find good online racing until I found your Super GT league. Its been very enjoyable so far and I hope someone will pick up the torch.

I'd be happy to take over if there are no objections. I'm not the best driver but I'm fairly good at organisation and have a good connection.

I'd like to make the races into more of a series (with points etc.) but keep it fairly relaxed in terms of rules.

Excellent. I be very happy if you will pick this up. Its too much fun to let to die. Thanks for volunteering

I'm sure you are a better GT5 GT300 driver than Bernie Ecclestone is an F1 driver, but that is probably setting the bar for you as a GT5 driver a tad too low.

Well count me out then! The reason is in my signature.Where are the days of GT5P? You guys have fun though!:)

Alrighty then. If that's the attitude to people being helpful on this forum I guess you guys will have to find someone else to host the race.

Alrighty then. If that's the attitude to people being helpful on this forum I guess you guys will have to find someone else to host the race.

Please ignore the post from Southslider51. He has never been in this race league or written anything before in this thread. Cannot understand his point, but I frankly couldn't care less.

All of us who raced last Sunday and/or planning to race this Sunday would be very greatful if you could stay with your offer.

Thanks (and hopeful there will be a race on Sunday and thereafter)

Inm regards to this series, I have the group made up within this forum and I have a Forum on another website I am working on just for the series, once there is a set of driver's. Call it a private forum :) I would like to assist, even though I missed the cut for this weekend.

Sounds good, Jaedon.

Nevermind all this, let's have a good race on Sunday and see this series continue to carry on and grow in leaps and bounds! :)

Please ignore the post from Southslider51. He has never been in this race league or written anything before in this thread. Cannot understand his point, but I frankly couldn't care less.

All of us who raced last Sunday and/or planning to race this Sunday would be very greatful if you could stay with your offer.

Thanks (and hopeful there will be a race on Sunday and thereafter)

Ok,i will be there.Don't worry,i will only sit in the pit to watch the real racers race.:scared::sly:

It seems a bit quiet on the forum, is everybody ready for racing tonight? and is something going on in another thread since nobody is saying anything here?

I'm ready. I had some good racing in a GT300 last night, and I'm looking forward to a good race in the NSX tonight. If nothing else I guess one of us can open a room and we can just wing it.

I'm ready for tonight too, did some set up work last night, still not happy with the car at all - feels good through S1 + S2, but S3 is an utter mess, understeer everywhere and the back end constantly wanting to let go on me. Don't think I'll be the quickest, but looking forward to it anyway :)

I will be there. At 6:00 pm GMT I will look for a room or make one (GTPLANET GT private) or something like that. We will see how it goes.

See you later.

Server is up: GTP SUPERGT private

1472 6399 8365 2932 4130

Hellooooo! Where's everybody? only 4 ?

Crimson are you online?

RACESTART at 7:15 pm GMT !!!

Last edited:
Disappointed tbh - this is meant to be a SuperGT race, not a GT500 race; I spent all week setting up a GT300 for this race, only to find that of the 13-14 people in the lobby, only ONE other person wants to race in GT300? Come on guys.

Had to go and buy a GT500, do a quick oil change, and come into the race with no setup changes, not having run the car in, nor having even driven the car before. Unsurprisingly, miles off the pace, waste of time.

Also, starting the race with someone in a BMW M3, and another in a Ford Focus, wasn't so great either.

Thanks for hosting the race, when earlier in the week it looked like there might be nothing at all, but this could have been a lot better.

Sorry I agree, see the startpost for yourself. There were 7 GT300 racers, most of them wheren't there. ?

Luckily I waited for you. :)

When I started the race it is not possible anymore to kick some players. Or myself had to quit.

I won't be saying that i'm disappointed, as it was the first time for me to enter. Now I've experienced that it is terribly hard to drive using the controller, and i won't enter again before i can set my g25 up so it won't slide around on a little chair on the floor.

The other thing that was sad, was to see so few guys driving, in the race. And i didn't really like the short cut penalty, not because i like to cheat, but I was unlucky some times and got the penalty because i made a mistake.

Hope the next race will be much more pro, and i hope to see private server update, so we won't see all those annoying guys, who doesn't understand anything.

Good Race - and gratz to you (noodle)? :) don't remember.

This series seems to be somewhat of a crash fest.

After a decent start I was second into the first corner of the third sector when a blue GTR (not sure) rammed my back and I ended up into the wall. He wasn't even close at the breaking point for the corner. With three tires gone and the engine broken I was 56 sec behind the leader after pitting so a quit.

I wonder if people are ready to drive with penalty set to high in these events.

I was willing to switch to GT300 if needed to make up numbers, but it still would have only been 3 of us versus a large field of GT500s.

The messiness of the race was probably largely due to the randoms coming in. We're probably better with a smaller field, in which everyone is from GTP and knows what's going on. Likewise, if it's racing between all of us there's more incentive to race all the way to the finish instead of an early quit.

The one thing I don't like about the penalty is that it turns lapped cars into ghosts. It removes part of the challenge of getting past a lapped car. Penalties for shortcutting are fine, I haven't run into a situation yet where it's given me one I didn't deserve. Especially on a track like Fuji where you can run really wide and lose basically no time at all.

The concept can work, it just needs the right field of people. Even if we have ten or so people who show up every week, and we just fill out the last 6 slots with sign ups that would probably be acceptable.

Back