Super GT on Fuji F, December 19th

• Thread starter Strittan
  • 362 comments
Hey guys,i'll be participating in The Fuji race and i have a question for the participants of the suzuka race. Did you have to pit to change tires because of wear and what tires did you use?

Strittan,

It would be great if as the organizer of this event you could clarify:

- Will tires be medium only or unrestricted
- Will we race Fuji F or Fuji GT

I'm fine either way but would like to see the opportunities of different strategies with unrestricted tire choices.

It would be great to know this as soon as possible so we know what to tune for. Appreciate the work you're putting into this.

Cheers

Strittan,

I'm fine either way but would like to see the opportunities of different strategies with unrestricted tire choices.

It would be great to know this as soon as possible so we know what to tune for. Appreciate the work you're putting into this.

Cheers

Hey man,I sent you a friend request but you didn't reply,i saw last sunday that you were quick and i would really like you to give me a challenge..And also can you answer me the question i posted about the tires?

Aww :( I just saw this, I don't have my own GT500 yet anyway, but I had some online GT500 races today and it was awesome... I love GT500, and the 19th is my birthday!

Maybe I'll magically get a GT500 as an A-Spec reward and someone will drop from the list. j/k :P

I thought that was what you told me before the last race? That we were going to stick with medium restrictions on that race since it was short notice, but that next time it would be unrestricted? Guess I misunderstood. Sorry. :)

Hey man,I sent you a friend request but you didn't reply,i saw last sunday that you were quick and i would really like you to give me a challenge..And also can you answer me the question i posted about the tires?

I'm sure there will be some testing rooms leading up to Fuji. That would be a good time/place for a friendly challenge.

I think all drivers pitted once for tires at Suzuka, some more to also fix damage.

Strittan,

Cheers
We will race at Fuji F, just like in real life.

I thought that was what you told me before the last race? That we were going to stick with medium restrictions on that race since it was short notice, but that next time it would be unrestricted? Guess I misunderstood. Sorry. :)
Well, alright then. Changed the first post, so that tyres are now unrestricted.

Argh, now my brain is going to hurt when trying to figure out a strategy between soft/mediums/hard tyres :P

And better get some practice in, been putting it off so far this week.- not sure the Arta will be quite so competitive at Fuji either tbh. Anyone testing tonight?

I just made a room for tyre test and training 1472-6118-3615-5263-0131 see you guys :)

ROOM CLOSED. Sad i didn't see anybody but people destroying my car :)

Last edited:
Argh, now my brain is going to hurt when trying to figure out a strategy between soft/mediums/hard tyres :P

And better get some practice in, been putting it off so far this week.- not sure the Arta will be quite so competitive at Fuji either tbh. Anyone testing tonight?

i also runs a arta and it is very competetive :)

Aww :( I just saw this, I don't have my own GT500 yet anyway, but I had some online GT500 races today and it was awesome... I love GT500, and the 19th is my birthday!

Maybe I'll magically get a GT500 as an A-Spec reward and someone will drop from the list. j/k :P

look in the online lobbies from like 7PM-2AM EST, there's a room usually up called Super GT (JGTC) we have a whole group of maybe 10-16 solid racers, with a full season starting after the new year...

How is it going tuning your cars for Fuji. Are you getting good lap times.

For Suzuka I found a great tune over 3 seconds faster than standard set-up. For Fuji, my tuned car is less then one second faster than standard tune, and I have a hard time to see what/where to improve.

Anybody wants to break the ice a state what laptime you're getting. What the heck, I do it. I cannot get any better lap time than in the 1'36s on fresh up temp medium tires.

For Suzuka I found a great tune over 3 seconds faster than standard set-up. For Fuji, my tuned car is less then one second faster than standard tune, and I have a hard time to see what/where to improve.

Anybody wants to break the ice a state what laptime you're getting. What the heck, I do it. I cannot get any better lap time than in the 1'36s on fresh up temp medium tires.

Ill be using the Calsonic from the standard garage so no tuning for me. I hope i'll be up to pace.

i have a room up just add me on psn my psn id is GTP_Senninha i will edit this post when i close the room
the room is closed

Last edited:

I believe I was running about the same, late 1.36s. It was a few days ago though so I'm not super sure, and that was on my Suzuka tune. I was having a go in a Garaiya on softs as well to test for another series, and was managing about 1.40s pre-tuning. I'm not sure what I'd tune on the Garaiya though, it handles beautifully.

The cars are reasonably well set up standard if you're not comfortable fiddling with them. But if you have the time and are interested you can adapt the car to your own style with some changes.

I think the RX-7s are going to be much more competitive this week. They can pretty much slaughter the Artas in the main straight, that's for sure.

I've just got to make sure I don't screw up in S2 and 3!

Anyone who feel like taking over this thread? I lost intrest in the whole thing, sorry...

I'm sorry to hear that, and i hope someone have the time and feeling for taking over. :) But I am, and I think everybody else, is very glad that you did start this event ;)

Noooo :(

Sorry to hear that, Strittan. Maybe RedSuinit could do? Has a very decent connection to host games, at least.

Latest Posts

Back