Super GT on Fuji F, December 19th

• Thread starter Strittan
  • 362 comments
Just went to my calendar to set a reminder and noticed the 11th of December is a Saturday, not a Sunday.

Are we racing on the 12th?
Hehe, oops. You're right, yeah we're racing on Sunday 12th. Changed the first post.

I think you may add some group n, like toyota altezza and the mazda with 300bhp, i think that does is a very good balanced race.

Im really interested in this.

I allready have a Weds Lexus, Cusco Impreza and the rx7 aspara drink car, and the cars from group N1 also, like i said before.

Count on me.

Cumps

Just wondering, with the new patch adding mechanical damage, will we be using it for this race?
Sure. My intention is to make it as realistic as possible, so prepare to be careful out there on sunday, guys. ;)

Sweet, now I've got to get out there and put some practice in so that I can keep up with you lot. :)

Got some online tip for you Strittan.
For the best online experience, especialy with 16 people online, disable voicechat when setting up your online room and reserve all your bandwith to racing (highest setting). We still can chat before and after the race, but the racing itself is much better (less lag).

Question: For most of the cars there's still the possibility to tune it with a better Turbo, whats your opinion on that? If you want the standard cars, set a power limit, but keep in mind the gains from the oilchange.

Yes I was also curious. Because mixed class the limit will have to be ~500 something.

Which would make it possible for all of us in GT300 to get up to 360 i think it said it would be with one of the turbos? anyway, I think I would rather keep it low.. and it should be fairly obvious if somebody was using one but still no fun.

Got some online tip for you Strittan.
For the best online experience, especialy with 16 people online, disable voicechat when setting up your online room and reserve all your bandwith to racing (highest setting). We still can chat before and after the race, but the racing itself is much better (less lag).
I always disable voicechat, so don't worry. :)

Question: For most of the cars there's still the possibility to tune it with a better Turbo, whats your opinion on that? If you want the standard cars, set a power limit, but keep in mind the gains from the oilchange.
I hope everyone will be honest, and not tune their cars at all. The only upgrade allowed, no matter which class you're in, is medium racing tyres.

The hp limit will be set to 493, because if I'm not mistaken that's how far the most powerful GT500 car goes. The GT300 cars shouldn't be tuned either for that matter. The point is to have two races in one. One between GT500 cars and the other between GT300 cars, just like in real life, so please do not tune the cars at all, except for medium tyres as I mentioned.

I will state this in the first post as well. Thanks for asking, because I hadn't thought about it.

I hope everyone will be honest, and not tune their cars at all. The only upgrade allowed, no matter which class you're in, is medium racing tyres.

Ah, good. I was about to ask about tyres.

The hp limit will be set to 493, because if I'm not mistaken that's how far the most powerful GT500 car goes.

The Calsonic Impul GT-R has 501bhp, IIRC. It might be worth setting the limit slightly over 500 to allow for any minor discrepancies, while still disallowing turbo kits/engine tuning.

The Nomad Diablo has around 590hp, I believe. I see that it isn't on the list on the first page. Does it not count because it was built and raced under the old JGTC rules?

Is there going to be a practice room later today?

I'll be on in about one hour (10pm CET) and can open a room "GTP Super GT". Not sure I know how to limit the attendance though.

I think we should be really specific and only allow the cars specified on the list. I asked Strittan if I could use my Honda Tanaka Dome NSX '03 but he told me to get an '06 model (he actually offered to give me one :) ). I bought an '06 anyway, and even if the spec is more or less identical (the '06 is 70kg lighter), the '03 model is surprisingly clearly faster, perhaps 2-3 seconds a lap. The '03 has higher straightline speed as well.

Could you post the Room Number when you make the practice room? Would like to join without having to search through hundreds of rooms :P

Could you post the Room Number when you make the practice room? Would like to join without having to search through hundreds of rooms :P
I'll make a privae room in that case, so I suggest you add my PSN. Won't make one tonight though, but maybe tomorrow. I'll let you guys know if I do.

Hey Strittan , i would like to participate in the RX-7 Amemiya ASPADRINK '06

MY PSN : GTP_Racing

Regards,
Tommy

I have a room open at the moment called GT300 CLEAN. I'm on suzuka, that is if anybody wants to join. :D

Just doing some practice getting everything dialed in a bit

Some of us are in a room called GTPlanet SupetGT -- Only, Room ID: 1472-6118-3615-5261-7293 if you want to join for testing.

Well i was in there for a bit. We'll have to get more practice sessions in before sunday.

Strittan youre going for real i know, so is weather going to be on as well? Im excited to see this all unfold over 20 laps, should be real fun.

Got some good practice in earlier on. Definitely demonstrated the level everyone will be at on Sunday - time for some more tuning I think!

I would like to join if there is still room. Thank you!

PSN ID - GTP_Shigegaki
Car - Toyota YellowHat YMS Supra (SUPER GT) ‘05

Back