Super GT on Fuji F, December 19th

• Thread starter Strittan
  • 362 comments
I was in that room aswell just now in my freshly bought Petronas SC430. I'm a few seconds off pace but its nice to see some good clean drivers.. I've got no idea what set up changes to make. Might play around a bit.

what times you getting in suzuka?

Aspara Drink with no changes or fine tune settings im about 2.08.xxx

I hope tomorrow i can join you in pratice guys.

Cumps

Last edited:
what times you getting in suzuka?

Aspara Drink with no changes or fine tune settings im about 2.08.xxx

I hope tomorrow i can join you in pratice guys.

Cumps

I was running 2.08s in the cusco subaru. Good to see somebody else in GT300 with similar times.

Will we do any sort of qualifying to set up the grid. Surely we will organize to have the GT500 guys start in front.

i think the gt500's will be very fast, more than us, even the worst time of them will be the fastest time among us i the gt300.

Bad news Blues, my time drop to 2.06.xxx, after tweaking the car a bit :D.

hehe

Cumps

Why no Castrol Toms Supra??

Duh, because it is a JGTC car...

GTP_RedSuinit I'll be racing the ARTA Garayia or YMS Yellow hat Supra. I can't decide which class I would prefer to race...

Common this is more fun if there are 12 cars 6 gt500 and 6 gt300.

What do you think? Limiting the number of cars in classes to 50/50.

Strittan, it's your call.

Cumps

Cumps

Alright sign me up for the ARTA Garayia. GT300 FOR LIFE!

I changed my mind to Lexus WEDS SPORT IS350 '08 (GT300) after I bought both to test drive :)

2:07.787 no replay
2:08.180 replay

This will be a fun event. From our little practice session yesterday, here is my thinking driving a GT500 car.

These cars are wide. Overtaking (clean) is not going to be easy. Slipstream on the long straigts doesn't have a huge effect. I hope racers will not be too defensive if a faster car is behind. I will not.

We need to have a qualifying before the race starts. If we just have the event open for free-run xx min before start, lap times should determin starting grid. If not, there will be too many incidents on the first lap.

I estimate the GT500 cars are around 6-8 sec faster per lap. Even the best GT300 car will be laped by a GT500 car. As laping is not drive through, it will make for some interesting situations if cars being laped and driving for position within their class.

Medium tires (on the GT500) has just the right level of grip. Not too easy or difficult

Strittan ...... Pleeeeeeease set the weather to sunshine. If changable and it ends up to rain, it will just be way too challanging for this first event. I think it would spoil the hole thing for this first time. Maybe for later events.

As laping is not drive through, it will make for some interesting situations if cars being laped and driving for position within their class.

I assume what you're meaning here is that the cars don't go into ghost/intangible mode like lapped cars in Prologue. The GT300 cars should still be yielding to a lapping GT500, right? Normal blue flag rules? Do we need some sort of signal where the GT500 flashes their lights or something to let people know? I'd hate to get held up behind a GT300 that was already a lap down on me.

Cumps
How is 6 GT500 and 6 GT300 better than 8 GT500 and 8 GT300?

I assume what you're meaning here is that the cars don't go into ghost/intangible mode like lapped cars in Prologue. The GT300 cars should still be yielding to a lapping GT500, right? Normal blue flag rules? Do we need some sort of signal where the GT500 flashes their lights or something to let people know? I'd hate to get held up behind a GT300 that was already a lap down on me.
Well, I hope the people driving the GT300 are smart enough to let us by.

I assume what you're meaning here is that the cars don't go into ghost/intangible mode like lapped cars in Prologue..

Exactly. As an example, it would be bad if a mid-field GT500 crash into the two leading GT300 fighting for the win when trying to lap them.

Is there a way to put the headlights on. If so, the GT500 cars could run with them on so the GT300 more easily see its a faster car behind. Would prevent some unfortunate situations.

I decided im gonna be driving bumper cam for the big rear view just so i can see lights flashing behind. Thats what they're for! :D

edit:

I don't believe there is a way to make cars run with lights on during the day, not all the time anyway. But the standard toggle (R1) flashes the lights about 4 times. If ppl are paying attention, and it should be fairly obvious, then it will work out if you flash the lights.

Also, having to work just a little bit to get around the slow guys is always a part of mixed class racing. Obviously us in the 300 arent going to try to hold anybody up from 500, but we cant just slow down either.

Last edited:
What do you guys think about the weather setting.

I really think we need sunshine setting for this first even and that rain would just be too much this first time.

What do you guys think about the weather setting.

I really think we need sunshine setting for this first even and that rain would just be too much this first time.
Yes, there will not be changing weather on this first race.

Re: GT500 cars lapping GT300 cars. I don't think this will be much of a problem, at least not at Suzuka. Through S1 the GT300 cars are just as quick as GT500s, it's only once you head into S2/3 that the difference is shown, and they can breeze by at places such as into the Hairpin, exit of the hairpin, down into Spoon, towards 130R, into the Chicane, or the final straight.

Certainly doing practice last night in my GT300, with a GT500 car approaching, it was no problem to let them past. We lose about 5 seconds, so for a 20-lap race at ~2mins a lap, you might not even catch some of the front guys in the lower class.

Edit: Noticed you guys discussing times too, was running ~2:06 with the Arta Garaiya, managed a 2:04.081 in practice last night after some setup changes though - I don't think I can do much else with the setup of the car though, feels very stable now.

Last edited:
How is 6 GT500 and 6 GT300 better than 8 GT500 and 8 GT300?

Well, I hope the people driving the GT300 are smart enough to let us by.

Oh ok, it will be 16 cars, i tought would be 12.

Like in real jgtc/super gt, the guys from gt500 have to be careful against the gt300, im a fan of this series, and saw many races back in 2003 to 2007 that the leader in gt500 get stuck in the middle of 2 gt300, they let you overtake if is enough space to do it, like a straight. In Suzuka the first bunch of S(Gyaku Bank) turns the gt500 may hold if a gt300 were in front.

I remember Juicy Wakisaka with the Esso Ultra Flow supra got stuck in 2 gt300 after leading the race in a battle with Manabu Orido in the Eclipse Supra (one of the best cars, don't know why PD don't put theses cars in the game).

This is why Super GT is one of the best series around the world, the rules provide a challenge for the drivers (who must drive with 2 classes in one race and equal/balanced cars in which class) and a spectacular show to us, viewers.

Okay guys, that's it. The grid for Sunday's race is full, and the sign-up is closed.

I hope I got the cars right for each driver. If you see something wrong though, send me a PM and I'll change it.

I will add everyone in the list on PSN later today, and maybe open a practice room.

Couldn't find strittans room so a create one now with the name "GTP Super GT". Search under Suzuka track and you should find it

Re: GT500 cars lapping GT300 cars. I don't think this will be much of a problem, at least not at Suzuka. Through S1 the GT300 cars are just as quick as GT500s, it's only once you head into S2/3 that the difference is shown, and they can breeze by at places such as into the Hairpin, exit of the hairpin, down into Spoon, towards 130R, into the Chicane, or the final straight.

Certainly doing practice last night in my GT300, with a GT500 car approaching, it was no problem to let them past. We lose about 5 seconds, so for a 20-lap race at ~2mins a lap, you might not even catch some of the front guys in the lower class.

Edit: Noticed you guys discussing times too, was running ~2:06 with the Arta Garaiya, managed a 2:04.081 in practice last night after some setup changes though - I don't think I can do much else with the setup of the car though, feels very stable now.

This guy ran a 2'03"xx today. I know I don't stand a chance in the GT300.

:ouch: Bastard. :lol:

Noooooes. I need to read up on getting the suspension just right or something. I cant keep up with 2:04 haha!

Blast!

LOL neither do I.

I was in pratice with those guys today, only managed to run 2.05.xxx with some tweaking.

Faria - Poseldorf

Cumps

Couldn't find strittans room so a create one now with the name "GTP Super GT". Search under Suzuka track and you should find it
Well, we went to RedSuinit's room instead, due to better connection speed. My connection will get updated to 100/100 any day now though, so it shouldn't be an issue on Sunday.

You were getting there, Faria :P - 2.05 is good.

Tbh I haven't played around much with suspension at all (I don't know what half the stuff does, so I don't know what to touch :P), just downforce and transmission. I stiffened the suspension up at the back, but messing with camber and stuff didn't seem to do much for laptimes, not that I really understand entirely what toe in, toe out, camber, etc. actually does for the characteristics of a car. This is for the Arta Garaiya though, sure it'll be much different for other cars, and I think out of all the GT300 cars the Arta probably naturally handles better anyway.

Latest Posts

Back